The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

Oh for my minor project last semester, I made a Green Day fansite with mini GDC kinda forums. Flo helped me with it. I educated everyone in my class about Rock Music and most importantly Green Day.

That's actually really cool. How did it go? Did you 'convert' anyone to the Green Day fandom, or rock music in general?

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh for my minor project last semester, I made a Green Day fansite with mini GDC kinda forums. Flo helped me with it. I educated everyone in my class about Rock Music and most importantly Green Day.

I wrote a research paper on how Green Day influenced the 2004 election with American Idiot and their stage antics and art. This got my an A in the class. I also presented also used the 21 Guns music video for an assignment and also used The Static Age as an example of a modern icon about information overload. For my high school senior thesis, I wrote a research paper on how music affects emotions and the brain and ended the paper with my experience of seeing Green Day in concert, which triggered my whole interest in music and psychology, which is now what I'm going towards studying in university. So I can actually thank Green Day for my school career path.:D

That's actually really cool. How did it go? Did you 'convert' anyone to the Green Day fandom, or rock music in general.

Yes a lot of people came forward that they had heard about them and stuff. I gave out their music to about all of my classmates after the presentation of my website. It was really awesome :D

I have put myself mentally in scenarios where I've met the band members. I think by now I've perfected my routine. If it ever happens, I hope it goes to plan!

I absolutely do this. All the time. I have totally come up with plans of how to meet them, what to say word for word, and what I'd do.

I swear I have watched the 21 Guns music video almost 1,000 times. :shy: That is because almost ever single night, I watch Green Day videos before I go to bed and have a rule that if I only have time for one, it's 21 Guns (it's one of my favorites and Billie is sooooooooo gorgeous in it :wub: ) There have been very few nights I haven't done this... and I believe I've been doing it since 2009. :blush:

That's obsession for you! :lol:

Also, last time I counted, I have about 1,700 pictures of Billie Joe alone on my computer (I've added more since then) and 459 Green Day interviews, performances, etc. (excluding my documentaries and music videos in iTunes).

I wrote a research paper on how Green Day influenced the 2004 election with American Idiot and their stage antics and art. This got my an A in the class. I also presented also used the 21 Guns music video for an assignment and also used The Static Age as an example of a modern icon about information overload. For my high school senior thesis, I wrote a research paper on how music affects emotions and the brain and ended the paper with my experience of seeing Green Day in concert, which triggered my whole interest in music and psychology, which is now what I'm going towards studying in university. So I can actually thank Green Day for my school career path. :D

Haha same! Reading articles and stuff about the band lead me to discover my love for writing and Journalism. So I am going ahead with that now :D

Haha same! Reading articles and stuff about the band lead me to discover my love for writing and Journalism. So I am going ahead with that now :D

That's great! :D I really like writing too and sometimes wonder if music journalism would be interesting to me. I like science writing a lot, though, and I already do that.

I absolutely do this. All the time. I have totally come up with plans of how to meet them, what to say word for word, and what I'd do.

I swear I have watched the 21 Guns music video almost 1,000 times. :shy: That is because almost ever single night, I watch Green Day videos before I go to bed and have a rule that if I only have time for one, it's 21 Guns (it's one of my favorites and Billie is sooooooooo gorgeous in it:wub: ) There have been very few nights I haven't done this... and I believe I've been doing it since 2009. :blush:

That's obsession for you! :lol:

Also, lat time I counted, I have about 1,700 pictures of Billie Joe alone on my computer (I've added more since then) and 459 Green Day interviews, performances, etc. (excluding my documentaries and music videos in iTunes).

We were talking about this is the 'weird things you think only you do' thread yesterday :P you kinda inspired me to start this thread.

I'm a fanboy :mellow:

And you should be proud.

As long as you're not a stalker or anything. What's your confession? :P

We were talking about this is the 'weird things you think only you do' thread yesterday :P you kinda inspired me to start this thread.

Oh yeah!:lol: I remember that!:D I'm really glad you came up with the idea!

Ok, so now a confession, i have a lot of them so probably i'm gonna be here a lot lol. Don't know if i'm a big fangirl for this but i call Billie, Mike and Tre my babies or my boys :wub: , it's just that i love them to much, and everytime i see something good about them or when people talks very good about them i feel like a proud mom for her babies hahaha i know, weird :lol:

Sure I cry every time I see them live but now it's more of a "I love you and I really appreciate what you do" rather than "OMGZZZ BILLIE IZ HOT" as I would have been when I was about 13.

THIS.

I was the worst and most annoying fangirl when I was 13 :lol: I used the write awkward fanfiction and all that stuff

and I totally thought Billie would marry me one day :mellow: oh to be 13!

I'm glad I matured over the years. xD I still fangirl a lot, I do find Billie really attractive :eyebrows: and I like to hang out in the Revealed thread a lot :lol:

Whenever Green Day wins some award or competition I'm so proud of them! I feel like a proud mother or something :D:lol:

I am perfectly okay with admitting I am the biggest fangirl when it comes to Billie or anything reloving around him.

:mad: YOU DON'T LOVE HIM LIKE I DO!! K? :mad: :mad:

xD

:P

And you should be proud.

As long as you're not a stalker or anything. What's your confession? :P

I don"t have xD

THIS.

I was the worst and most annoying fangirl when I was 13 :lol: I used the write awkward fanfiction and all that stuff

I'm glad I matured over the years. xD I still fangirl a lot, I do find Billie really attractive :eyebrows: and I like to hang out in the Revealed thread a lot :lol:

Whenever Green Day wins some award or competition I'm so proud of them! I feel like a proud mother or something :D:lol:

:mad: YOU DON'T LOVE HIM LIKE I DO!! K? :mad: :mad:

xD

:P

I remember when I was a preteen and I used to hang around the Yahoo! Answers music section a lot. There were some really anti Green Day posters and my responses were so childish. It was like "screw u!!!! GD r the best band ever!!!!!!!111".

I'll defend them now, but in a far more controlled, rational way, and I'm very open to criticism. I'm just bloody glad I didn't join this forum all those years ago. People would have hated me! :D

This is sounding a lot like group therapy. I think I'll bow out now.

Just noticed this.

It kind of is, yeah. I just think people should be more honest about 'fangirling', or 'fanboying' for that matter. I don't think anyone on GDC is as shallow and as obsessive as some people make out, but I also think most people are guilty of taking their interest in a band or a piece of music more seriously than they should. Talking and laughing about it is a good way to get over it and keep all your fandom healthy, as it were.

I've totally done that thing, sitting down and watching entire countdowns in the hope that Green Day would come on. And I still massively hardcore fangirl if any Green Day song comes on the radio or in the background of a TV show.

Though when I was about 13, I was pretty obsessed. Not stalkerish or anything, but I would always be saving the pictures from the pic thread on my computer. And I can remember one day my friend came over and we pretty much just lay on my bed all day and fully analysed every single item of clothing that the guys had on in all of my posters. Which, I may add, is quite a lot :lol:

And may I add that I made some really embarrassing graphics years ago?? :lol:
I swear I had a signature that was about Billie and a llama that said "I don't particularly wanna ride a llama, I wanna ride Billie Joe" :mellow: omg now I'll go crying ashamed in the corner.... :mellow: I felt like sharing this :lol: haha

btw. my new ava & member title fit the whole fangirls/ fanboys conversation really well :lol:

On my seventh grade yearbook cover I had the personalized message "I love Billie Joe Armstrong!" and my math teacher said something along the lines of "wouldn't it be funny if you look at that in a few years and still think that?" and here we are...

I used to buy those teenybopper magazines just to see if I could find Green Day posters to take out. I didn't hang them for a bit, I just had a stack of them that I kissed goodnight a few times. All of them.

I bought a studded belt and Chuck Taylor's because of Billie's look during AI and even wore my belt sideways. My mom said "Why is it sideways?" and I said "BJA wears it that way!" (he did in one of my poster, like with the buckle off to the side where you couldn't see it looking straight ahead) and she responds "Are you gonna stand up and pee like him too?" Ugh srsly mom, haha

My friend and I (God bless us) tried to write fanfics about Billie Joe and Brendon Urie from Panic! at the Disco and they were God-awful o.o but it was still kinda fun at the time. I've written many a Billie+Mike fanfics and I haven't for a long time now but they were typically sexual *most shame ever*

I get a little excited on all their birthdays. I was Billie Joe for Halloween two years ago (it failed) and I call them my babies also. I still sometimes kiss one of them on my posters, augh Lord. I just can't resist :P ha.

Love this thread!

Oh Jesus, I still feel the need to pwn any person who talks crap about GD on the Internet. I usually just slide in on comments about how much their music sucks and say "Tell that to their over 75 million records sold," or when someone says that no one likes them I'll be like "I didn't know the 10,000 people who showed up to freak out over them the other night were no one." So yeah I've moved beyond the "SCREW YOU BILLIE'S A GENIUS AND YOU SUCK OMGGG" phase... but not far beyond it :P

Oh, I still can't resist hammering keyboard warriors either. There's much greater pleasure to be found in passing snarky, clever little comments and realising the other person doesn't know how to respond compared to typing some sappy, childish shit that's met only with laughter.

I'm a quiet fangirl. Most people that I know in real life wouldn't even know I like Green Day 'cause I don't show my craziness. :D

But there was a time when I fangirled with a friend in front of a group of people in our Uni. I just recently found out that she's a fan after we talked on facebook and I showed her the 'eye of the tiger' cover GD did a few years ago. :happy: So when we met, we started jumping up and down and started screaming about how awesome GD is and just... basically, we went crazy. :runaround: Then, everyone around us was like, "WTF are you two doing?" :lol:

We were like this:
bth_TU-Fangirling-1.giftumblr_maoj2k3PF81r6sasd.gif

Hahahahaha! :lol::dance:

On my seventh grade yearbook cover I had the personalized message "I love Billie Joe Armstrong!" and my math teacher said something along the lines of "wouldn't it be funny if you look at that in a few years and still think that?" and here we are...

I used to buy those teenybopper magazines just to see if I could find Green Day posters to take out. I didn't hang them for a bit, I just had a stack of them that I kissed goodnight a few times. All of them.

I bought a studded belt and Chuck Taylor's because of Billie's look during AI and even wore my belt sideways. My mom said "Why is it sideways?" and I said "BJA wears it that way!" (he did in one of my poster, like with the buckle off to the side where you couldn't see it looking straight ahead) and she responds "Are you gonna stand up and pee like him too?" Ugh srsly mom, haha

My friend and I (God bless us) tried to write fanfics about Billie Joe and Brendon Urie from Panic! at the Disco and they were God-awful o.o but it was still kinda fun at the time. I've written many a Billie+Mike fanfics and I haven't for a long time now but they were typically sexual *most shame ever*

I get a little excited on all their birthdays. I was Billie Joe for Halloween two years ago (it failed) and I call them my babies also. I still sometimes kiss one of them on my posters, augh Lord. I just can't resist :P ha.

Love this thread!

I used to scan through magazines for a glimpse of them when I was younger. It was so thrilling when I got lucky! :D Oddly enough I've never had a proper poster of them: I had a calendar once, but to be honest I don't think posters really constitute fangirling, unless your wall are literally plastered with them.

On a different note, I don't know if this is true but it's highly disturbing: http://loserxxxsecond.tripod.com/id13.html I came across it a little while ago, and I sure as hell never want meet anyone quite like that. But, really, how can one human being's attractiveness make you so possessive? You've never met him!

I'm a quiet fangirl. Most people that I know in real life wouldn't even know I like Green Day 'cause I don't show my craziness. :D

But there was a time when I fangirled with a friend in front of a group of people in our Uni. I just recently found out that she's a fan after we talked on facebook and I showed her the 'eye of the tiger' cover GD did a few years ago. :happy: So when we met, we started jumping up and down and started screaming about how awesome GD is and just... basically, we went crazy. :runaround: Then, everyone around us was like, "WTF are you two doing?" :lol:

We were like this:

Hahahahaha! :lol::dance:

Yeah, I don't like to show my fandom either. It's just embarrassing and no one really wants to hear about how awesome Green Day are :happy: . My close friends might know, but I even then I don't talk about it unless there's something important to say.

Yeah, I don't like to show my fandom either. It's just embarrassing and no one really wants to hear about how awesome Green Day are :happy: . My close friends might know, but I even then I don't talk about it unless there's something important to say.

31502082.jpg

:thumbsup:

There's this girl who always comments on stuff about Green Day... she's probably been perma-banned from GDC because I'm sure she came here to troll, but she HATES Adrienne. She always uses the same screen name and she types out huge long paragraphs about how much she hates her and how she can't understand why anyone likes her, and how she thinks Adie uses Billie for fame and all sorts of other infuriating junk. She's all over Youtube vids and articles about Billie and I used to see her all over Facebook pages except she blocked me after I bitched her out about it. She's obsessed with hating Adrienne, it's quite disturbing.

Uhh, I've remember her! Wonder if it's the same person...She was going on about how Adrienne is the 'Yoko Ono' of Green Day on a GDA #ThrowbackThursday video, right? Oh, AND she started this massive rant about how she's such a terrible wife on a Rolling Stone article. She claimed to be a long time fan: who said all the fucked up fan girls were teenagers, eh?

This is the best thread ever. I remember a couple days ago when people on GDC were discussing BJ's collab with the Lonely Island and I got super super excited, and I was called an immature fangirl. To be honest, sometimes I'm a bit ashamed of how much I love the band members, but I would never bash their wives/girlfriends.

I'll start. Nothing too bad (I think!) but I have put myself mentally in scenarios where I've met the band members. I think by now I've perfected my routine. If it ever happens, I hope it goes to plan!

Yeah this, I just know for a fact it would not go to plan though. Like I was listening to TRE earlier and I started thinking about seeing them and what if's and dumb stuff like that and I started feeling like I was gonna puke :mellow: There is literally no point in me trying to make a plan for if that day comes :lol:

THIS.

Ahahaha yep, oh the fanfiction *shudders* and printing out every single picture ever and sticking them all over the wall and writing I <3 BJA on school books. Ah good times :lol:

omg Flo your ava is fucking perfect :')

Did all these things between 13 - 15

• I had a file on my computer containing 100+ Green Day pictures (predominantly hawt ones of Billie sourced from GDA).
  • I made terrible edits with built-in photo editing software containing angsty American Idiot lyrics.
  • I read fan fictions, and wrote my own funny ones for my friend who was into them just as much as I was (Kerplunk! style).
  • I checked GDA on a daily basis.
  • I re-wrote the JOS video as a short story.
  • I re-wrote the scribbled lyrics from the American Idiot CD booklet in "actual size" in a notebook.
  • My friend and I watched Bullet in a Bible so much that we once turned on the German subtitles for a bit of a change.
  • I knew all of the speaking parts in Bullet in a Bible off by heart.
  • Basically every character I wrote in my own "novels" bore some resemblance to BJA.
  • My room was covered in Green Day posters.
  • The first song I ever learned on guitar was Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
  • I named my first guitar Jimmy (for obvious reasons).
  • I wore two studded belts once. IN PUBLIC.
  • For an ICT presentation I wrote about how much I admired the band.
  • I had Green Day notebooks, a bracelet, t-shirts, CD's, albums, unofficial DVD's… anything I could get my hands on.

There's probably more but that's all I can remember for now! The things I've done since then would be crying at the concert, and I don't know, posting on this site. Being actively involved in any sort of in-depth, Green Day discussion is still pretty fangirl, haha.

Oh and I can assure you that I now have a life. :lol:

Honestly I did ALL the same things. I still cry at their concerts, and can get into really in-depth conversations with others about them.. fuck it - I'm proud to be a fan!

their music is amazing and has saved me in so many ways. Their good looks are a great bonus. :blush:

I think the 'fangirl' stigma that most people relate to negatively are those who not only obsess over a certain band/artist, but also participate in death threats to their favourite bandmates' spouse, to fans of other bands etc. All that negative behaviour is what makes fan girls look bad.

I still giggle and get butterflies when I see a hot picture of Billie. I still get way too excited when I see or hear anything Green Day related. I fangirl hard and I admit it. But I'd never be immature enough to post anything negative about Adrienne or fans of other bands. Thats just disrespectful, rude, and so pointless lol. Those 'fan girls' have to get a life. End rant. :)

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived