The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

8 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

Very nice, I don't blame you! I've never seen them live,  but I am going to see Billie Joe at Geezer...I hope I don't cry! I'm getting nervous about it, it's too exciting.

You'll absolutely love it! You have to see them live though! I'll come with you haha! 
I think for me its the excitement, the atmosphere and then seeing a group of people that have meant so much to me over the years, it just gets me tearful. 

Last time I saw them, it was at a stadium and it started raining as they played Boulevard, it was just absolutely perfect. Of course I started blubbering again! 

I think I'm just too emotional! haha!

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kirsty80 said:

I'm almost 28 and STILL cry every time I see them live. I guess they just bring back lots of memories for me as they've been a BIG part of most of my life. And when I was a young teen, yes I was a fangirl. A massive one. 

I do get strange looks at the concerts hahaha :dance:Cant help it! 

I cried when I saw them in 2013. I cry every time I go see American Idiot, and I'm an old lady! I am worried that if I ever meet Billie Joe (like when we go to CA in a few years), I will just blubber like an idiot and then cry. A friend of mine got pulled up on stage with them at Reading and he cried...so it's not just us girls who get emotional.

7 minutes ago, scwk0511 said:

I cried when I saw them in 2013. I cry every time I go see American Idiot, and I'm an old lady! I am worried that if I ever meet Billie Joe (like when we go to CA in a few years), I will just blubber like an idiot and then cry. A friend of mine got pulled up on stage with them at Reading and he cried...so it's not just us girls who get emotional.

I bet you were at the Emrites then weren't you? What a fabulous night that was. 
Oh no, I'm going to see American Idiot in a few weeks for my birthday, I better get the hankies ready! 
Haha I can imagine because I think I would be a wreck too. 

Aww bless him. I think it's great that people feel so passionate about music to get emotional. 

2 hours ago, Kirsty80 said:

I bet you were at the Emrites then weren't you? What a fabulous night that was. 
Oh no, I'm going to see American Idiot in a few weeks for my birthday, I better get the hankies ready! 
Haha I can imagine because I think I would be a wreck too. 

Aww bless him. I think it's great that people feel so passionate about music to get emotional. 

I was at Emirates. We were in the gods, but my son was down front and is in much of the video of the show. It was one of 'those' moments for me. We saw AI in London last year and just saw it in Leicester a few weeks ago. It will be back in London in the summer and I am trying to talk hubby into going to see it. I hope you enjoy it. I found it very touching (as a mom with a troubled teenage son who just moved back to the States).

Oh my you girls are getting me nervous, how am I ever going to handle seeing Billie Joe at the Geezer premiere  in a couple of weeks in NYC?? This is a small venue, too, only 800 at most, maybe I'll try to meet him...but if I get too emotional I'll just die.  He's just so amazing. If you are crying at these big concerts, how am I not going to cry when he's standing right there in the same room as me :cry: ?

Excited but nervous as hell. My poor husband, he'll make sure I keep it together. 

24 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

Oh my you girls are getting me nervous, how am I ever going to handle seeing Billie Joe at the Geezer premiere  in a couple of weeks in NYC?? This is a small venue, too, only 800 at most, maybe I'll try to meet him...but if I get too emotional I'll just die.  He's just so amazing. If you are crying at these big concerts, how am I not going to cry when he's standing right there in the same room as me :cry: ?

Excited but nervous as hell. My poor husband, he'll make sure I keep it together. 

I'm a crier tho. I cried when we went to see Robbie Williams not long after seeing Green Day. I cry at Little House on the Prairie. It is probably me, but I guarantee I can and WILL cry when I meet him. And dammit...I get ugly when I cry...

1 hour ago, scwk0511 said:

I'm a crier tho. I cried when we went to see Robbie Williams not long after seeing Green Day. I cry at Little House on the Prairie. It is probably me, but I guarantee I can and WILL cry when I meet him. And dammit...I get ugly when I cry...

LOL me too, I cry at the movies. ALL movies. So what is going to happen when it's a movie full of Beautiful Billie Joe, and he's in the building too??? :runaround:

26 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

LOL me too, I cry at the movies. ALL movies. So what is going to happen when it's a movie full of Beautiful Billie Joe, and he's in the building too??? :runaround:

You will just have to cry for all us poor saps who aren't lucky enough to be there!

Screw that, I'm not crying.  I'm walking up to him and getting a picture.  I'll look damn cute in it too.

30 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Screw that, I'm not crying.  I'm walking up to him and getting a picture.  I'll look damn cute in it too.

Will you post it here? ;)

1 minute ago, lizziebix said:

Will you post it here? ;)

Actually, I had decided that if I do get a photo op I will break my rule and post it.  

I'm not a crier but I don't really know what would my reaction be like. I can get pretty awkward in social situations when I'm nervous or stressed so even though I'm usually able to talk to people and be sociable I can turn into a stuttering nervous wreck. I'm pretty sure that would be the case.

1 hour ago, JJ1964 said:

That's an attitude! 

9 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

Confession: I had a dream about Billie Joe last night. Usually when he's in my dreams it's young Billie Joe, playing music. But this one was current Billie Joe. He had black hair. But I can't remember what he did!  I just know it was nice.

Wish I could remember my dreams better.

yeah i also always wish to remember my dreams better, especially when they are about billie :wub:

2 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

Actually, I had decided that if I do get a photo op I will break my rule and post it.  

OK you are inspiring me. If you can do it, I can do it. I want a picture with him too, dammit. And I'll post mine if you post yours! :dance:

16 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

Of course if you wear those 4 inch wedges, you should also bring a box or a step stool for Billie :lol:.

3 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

Of course if you wear those 4 inch wedges, you should also bring a box or a step stool for Billie :lol:.

I need to meet him so I can be for once happy with being 5'2" :P 

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

I need to meet him so I can be for once happy with being 5'2" :P 

I'm only 5'4', so I'm good too, I can even wear 2 inch heels :D

4 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

I'm only 5'4', so I'm good too, I can even wear 2 inch heels :D

I almost never wear heels. I just don't feel very good it them. It's weird even though I like how pumps look on others. :/ I like wearing platforms and creepers, though.

1 minute ago, JJ1964 said:

5'8"  but I will be 6'0" if I wear my wedges

LOL you will tower over poor Billie :D

3 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I almost never wear heels. I just don't feel very good it them. It's weird even though I like how pumps look on others. :/ I like wearing platforms and creepers, though.

Heels are good for playing a grand piano, the pedal is up pretty high, the heels make it easier.

13 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

LOL you will tower over poor Billie :D

Heels are good for playing a grand piano, the pedal is up pretty high, the heels make it easier.

he must be used to it by now ;)

I never thought about that...makes sense tho

Is it pathetic that I am excited about seeing his movie, being in New York City, hearing him perform and all that fun stuff...but i am also excited that his hair is blonde and it looks like he's growing it long? 

4 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

Is it pathetic that I am excited about seeing his movie, being in New York City, hearing him perform and all that fun stuff...but i am also excited that his hair is blonde and it looks like he's growing it long? 

No, it's not. I would be too. He better look well on this tour, because I'm excited like a year in advance and THAT is pathetic.

I'm excited to see pictures of the blonde hair without a hat on it! Lol I believe that is the definition of pathetic. 

27 minutes ago, amberwhite said:

I'm excited to see pictures of the blonde hair without a hat on it! Lol I believe that is the definition of pathetic. 

I know, right??I guess we are all pathetic.  ?He's dyed it and it's getting pretty long, and he has yet to unleash it's beauty in public :D  I'll bet he's going to clean up really nicely for the Geezer premiere. He looked gorgeous at the "Like Sunday Like Rain" Premiere, at a different fim festival.  See the scientific example below.  But who knows, he can show up in his pajamas and I'll be happy :lol:

456771788_zpsybyno2sc.jpg

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived