Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

5,548 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

There are so many things I could post, but I will choose not to because I don't want people having blackmail on me. :P Even though I was only a preteen!

I'm just so thankful I never was stalker level ... which I unfortunately have known a lot of people to be.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

There are so many things I could post, but I will choose not to because I don't want people having blackmail on me. :P Even though I was only a preteen!

I'm just so thankful I never was stalker level ... which I unfortunately have known a lot of people to be.

Oh c'mon, I want to hear about some embarrassing behaviour!

Stalking is unacceptable and doesn't deserve any association with fangirling: it's something of a mental disorder, at best.
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

I don't think the term fangirl is sexist at all, simply for the fact that fanboy is also a term. It usually depends on the subject of the fanaticism.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

ahh, I remember my fangirl days.. :lol:

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I don't think the term fangirl is sexist at all, simply for the fact that fanboy is also a term. It usually depends on the subject of the fanaticism.

But people do tend to think more of girls when it comes to irrational fandom. Maybe rightfully so, because girls are more open about their emotions, generally speaking. Fanboy doesn't get thrown around a lot; it seems to only exist as the lesser male counterpart of 'fangirl'.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Green day forever <333333333333333 

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yes!!  I've always been a "fangirl", maybe not to the highest degree but still... I love those guys, I do think Billie is attractive, but never got to the point of saying "I want to marry him" or something like that  :lol:  I've also watched those 
countdowns hoping to see GD, but is that considered fangirling? Well maybe you could say it is...   But yeah, I used to be in the picture threads all the time, specially Billie's, and saved all the pictures into my computer, I still have them but I don't save all the new pics I see any more, unless it's a picture I really really like or is special for some reason.
I know my fangirling has decreased over the years, but I still get super excited when I see their instagram new pictures and I'm super excited to see them again live, I'm sure I'll verge some tears and scream my heart out when they come on stage.   :D

The countdown thing is obsessive, if nothing else! So yeah, I say it counts. And being close to tears seeing them live...of course, I can see that happening to me, if only for the fact I've waited so long.

Posted · Report post

Green day forever <333333333333333 

I like a bloke in touch with his feminine side. Keep going.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like a bloke in touch with his feminine side. Keep going.

He also likes scented candles and yoga :p
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

He also likes scented candles and yoga :p

And he's a part of the church of Dave Grohl, so we're the same religion. Excellent. A match made in Heaven.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

And he's a part of the church of Dave Grohl, so we're the same religion. Excellent. A match made in Heaven.

speaking of which, this goes for Holyhandgrenade as well, we should be expecting banners soon  :shifty:

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Mike Dirnt from the Insomniac-Nimrod era was dead sexy. (No homo)

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

speaking of which, this goes for Holyhandgrenade as well, we should be expecting banners soon  :shifty:

Yes! I'm not too artistic though so I'll leave the designing up to one of you guyssss..

Posted · Report post

A match made in a white limo.

We need to get back on topic :p
Or is this an example of fangirliness right here?
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yes! I'm not too artistic though so I'll leave the designing up to one of you guyssss..

Flo is kind enough to be working on it as we speak

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Mike Dirnt from the Insomniac-Nimrod era was dead sexy. (No homo)

Dude, you don't need to do the whole no homo thing! :D I won't judge you. But yeah, they all looked better when they were more casual.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

i wil totally admit to having some "fangirl" moments..especially when I was 14-16. I got into Green Day when I was about 12 (2002) and started playing guitar, and learned how to play Good Riddance. Then bought International Superhits, I never really noticed their looks until American Idiot came out..I saw  Billie Joe..and was like "oh myy he looks goood" and kinda got a bit obsessive with the band in general and Billie...I still totally notice when I see pictures of him and he looks nice :) Its kind of a "crush" that never went away 10 years later :P I love them all though :) I think they're all beautiful and awesome.  My fiancé knows about this  little crush..and even though he'll never admit it to anyone he totally has a "guy-crush" on Billie too lol

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

A match made in a white limo.

We need to get back on topic :P
Or is this an example of fangirliness right here?

Hahah actually I think that lately I've seen more fangirliness for other bands/artists than for GD around the forum  :lol: