The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

(Also open to lads, and other persons.)

OK, I have to be honest. I don't enjoy or feel comfortable fangirling. I remember when I was twelve and getting into Green Day: I saw a picture of Billie Joe, after having listened to the whole of American Idiot to the point that I could recite the lyrics, and thought "yeah, he's as a attractive as all of those girls were claiming". I immediately recoiled at my own thoughts and told myself I liked the band solely for their music. Even then, I'm still guilty of occasionally getting excited over nice instagram photos and being a little too emotional when people bash them.

There's way too much of a stigma attached to the label of 'fangirl'. It's sexist as hell, and with this thread I want you all, male, female, trans, whatever, to be honest about even the creepiest, strangest, most obsessive thing you've done in relation to Green Day. You've all done it ONCE, if never again.

I'll start. Nothing too bad (I think!) but I have put myself mentally in scenarios where I've met the band members. I think by now I've perfected my routine. If it ever happens, I hope it goes to plan! I've watched those countdowns on MTV and VH1 etc all the way through in the hope of seeing Green Day.

Be honest and don't post just to tell me you never fangirl/boy or to make fun of people. I think there are some guys on this forum who consider some female users to be inferior to them simply because they may be a little more emotionally attached to the band at times or like to spring the fangirl label on them for simply finding a joke funny *coughpsyisherpesthreadcough*.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many things I could post, but I will choose not to because I don't want people having blackmail on me. :P Even though I was only a preteen!

I'm just so thankful I never was stalker level ... which I unfortunately have known a lot of people to be.

There are so many things I could post, but I will choose not to because I don't want people having blackmail on me. :P Even though I was only a preteen!

I'm just so thankful I never was stalker level ... which I unfortunately have known a lot of people to be.

Oh c'mon, I want to hear about some embarrassing behaviour!

Stalking is unacceptable and doesn't deserve any association with fangirling: it's something of a mental disorder, at best.

I don't think the term fangirl is sexist at all, simply for the fact that fanboy is also a term. It usually depends on the subject of the fanaticism.

I don't think the term fangirl is sexist at all, simply for the fact that fanboy is also a term. It usually depends on the subject of the fanaticism.

But people do tend to think more of girls when it comes to irrational fandom. Maybe rightfully so, because girls are more open about their emotions, generally speaking. Fanboy doesn't get thrown around a lot; it seems to only exist as the lesser male counterpart of 'fangirl'.

Yes!! I've always been a "fangirl", maybe not to the highest degree but still... I love those guys, I do think Billie is attractive, but never got to the point of saying "I want to marry him" or something like that :lol: I've also watched those countdowns hoping to see GD, but is that considered fangirling? Well maybe you could say it is... But yeah, I used to be in the picture threads all the time, specially Billie's, and saved all the pictures into my computer, I still have them but I don't save all the new pics I see any more, unless it's a picture I really really like or is special for some reason.

I know my fangirling has decreased over the years, but I still get super excited when I see their instagram new pictures and I'm super excited to see them again live, I'm sure I'll verge some tears and scream my heart out when they come on stage. :D

I don't really know what "fangirling" is, and it probably has a different meaning depending on the person. But I have no guilt with enjoying my favorite music and also enjoying the 3 gorgeous men who play it. :sherlock:

Green day forever <333333333333333

Yes!! I've always been a "fangirl", maybe not to the highest degree but still... I love those guys, I do think Billie is attractive, but never got to the point of saying "I want to marry him" or something like that :lol: I've also watched those

countdowns hoping to see GD, but is that considered fangirling? Well maybe you could say it is... But yeah, I used to be in the picture threads all the time, specially Billie's, and saved all the pictures into my computer, I still have them but I don't save all the new pics I see any more, unless it's a picture I really really like or is special for some reason.

I know my fangirling has decreased over the years, but I still get super excited when I see their instagram new pictures and I'm super excited to see them again live, I'm sure I'll verge some tears and scream my heart out when they come on stage. :D

The countdown thing is obsessive, if nothing else! So yeah, I say it counts. And being close to tears seeing them live...of course, I can see that happening to me, if only for the fact I've waited so long.

I'm sure I have some embarrassing things from when I was actually really into them. The most embarrassing thing I can think of is that Billie Joe's American Idiot outfits (you know, the black dress shirt and red tie) inspired me to get into that sort of thing.

It's not that embarrassing though because I'm gay and it was just a matter of time before I decided to fully embrace that stereotype. And I totally pull it off. ;)

Green day forever <333333333333333

I like a bloke in touch with his feminine side. Keep going.

I like a bloke in touch with his feminine side. Keep going.

He also likes scented candles and yoga :P

The countdown thing is obsessive, if nothing else! So yeah, I say it counts. And being close to tears seeing them live...of course, I can see that happening to me, if only for the fact I've waited so long.

Oh you will, believe me. :) When I first saw them, it was at the soundcheck of the Lisbon concert in 2009... I got in there, I heard Billie singing before seeing them, I started crying immediately and it was this amazing feeling of "they are here, in front of me, they exist!" I cried so much :lol:

He also likes scented candles and yoga :P

And he's a part of the church of Dave Grohl, so we're the same religion. Excellent. A match made in Heaven.

And he's a part of the church of Dave Grohl, so we're the same religion. Excellent. A match made in Heaven.

speaking of which, this goes for Holyhandgrenade as well, we should be expecting banners soon :shifty:

Mike Dirnt from the Insomniac-Nimrod era was dead sexy. (No homo)

speaking of which, this goes for Holyhandgrenade as well, we should be expecting banners soon :shifty:

Yes! I'm not too artistic though so I'll leave the designing up to one of you guyssss..

A match made in a white limo.

We need to get back on topic :P

Or is this an example of fangirliness right here?

Yes! I'm not too artistic though so I'll leave the designing up to one of you guyssss..

Flo is kind enough to be working on it as we speak

Mike Dirnt from the Insomniac-Nimrod era was dead sexy. (No homo)

Dude, you don't need to do the whole no homo thing! :D I won't judge you. But yeah, they all looked better when they were more casual.

i wil totally admit to having some "fangirl" moments..especially when I was 14-16. I got into Green Day when I was about 12 (2002) and started playing guitar, and learned how to play Good Riddance. Then bought International Superhits, I never really noticed their looks until American Idiot came out..I saw Billie Joe..and was like "oh myy he looks goood" and kinda got a bit obsessive with the band in general and Billie...I still totally notice when I see pictures of him and he looks nice :) Its kind of a "crush" that never went away 10 years later :P I love them all though :) I think they're all beautiful and awesome. My fiancé knows about this little crush..and even though he'll never admit it to anyone he totally has a "guy-crush" on Billie too lol

A match made in a white limo.

We need to get back on topic :P

Or is this an example of fangirliness right here?

Hahah actually I think that lately I've seen more fangirliness for other bands/artists than for GD around the forum :lol:

fiiinally a place on GDC where I can fangirl

not that I don't already do it anyways, but yeah, sometimes I feel a bit ashamed when I do it on here.

Where do I start?
Sometimes I just have the MTV Rocks channel on, (yes on countdowns and such) simply because I hope they would play some Green Day video. It never gets old :lol:

I have a subscribtion to this stupid teen magazine (well kind of, my brother's wife works at their company so she just brings it for free :ninja: ), and when I get it, usually I just scan it for Green Day related articles or pics, maybe read an article or two, and after that I don't have interest in that issue anymore, so I give it to my friend :lol:

I don't know, obviously their music is very important to me on an emotional level, but I don't really see how that means I can't appreciate their looks once in a while.

And it's not even about the looks all the time, I'm just a really obsessive person :D and I'm really emotional about the things I like, so yeah I do many "obsessive" things but as I said, it still does not mean that I don't appreciate their music or amazing lyrics.

Love, proud fangirl <3

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived