The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

That's what rehab does to ya

it's wonderful to see religion help imo.

BJ turns water into wine?

So he´s just a cheap copy.

he's in fact just a reverend

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Is True. But they have always had alot of religious items around their home. I think Adrienne is religious. Church on Z sunday

we have a lot of religious items that belonged to my greatgrandparents even though we're not religious ourselves...east jesus nowhere..

we have a lot of religious items that belonged to my greatgrandparents even though we're not religious ourselves...east jesus nowhere..

I am the same. I am not religious at all. I actually consider myself an atheist. However, I do have religious artifacts that belonged to my parents. But, I was pointing out having a cross is not unusual in their home. They have always had religious artifacts. I just always got the impression that Adrienne was somewhat religious. But EJN would indicate that Billie is not.

Anyway, here is something to pray with.

9Iip3n3-922x1024.jpg

I am the same. I am not religious at all. I actually consider myself an atheist. However, I do have religious artifacts that belonged to my parents. But, I was pointing out having a cross is not unusual in their home. They have always had religious artifacts. I just always got the impression that Adrienne was somewhat religious. But EJN would indicate that Billie is not.

Anyway, here is something to pray with.

9Iip3n3-922x1024.jpg

He did say "God bless your family" to someone during his induction speech, though. I thought that was interesting.

Didn´t BJ consider himself once as being agnostic?

I think so. At least I'm sure he once posted "fyi i'm not an atheist" on instagram.

He did say "God bless your family" to someone during his induction speech, though. I thought that was interesting.

This sounds rather like a common phrase such as "Nice to see you" or "How are you". Just like we have them in the German language. Fillers. `cause who is anybody of us to tell God whom he has to bless or not... ;)

I don't remember that, but it certainly sounds religious. it might be just a phrase, although it's not a very common thing to say.

I think so. At least I'm sure he once posted "fyi i'm not an atheist" on instagram.

I don´t remember where or when I read something like that, but, yes. Belief doesn´t matter.

I'm not sure how religious he is, but I am pretty sure, but the way he acts, that he has a religious background. Definitely a Christian background. I do consider myself an atheist but will still use some of the religious phrases I grew up with. Sometimes because of habit, sometimes because it is approrpriate for the person or situation I am in, sometimes out of respect.

If I remember correctly, he said something like, even I'm not arrogant enough to think there is nothing out there. Something like that. I don't remember the exact quote.

Back to fangirling, I will say that the cross he wore in the Mother Mary video was really hot.

I don't remember that, but it certainly sounds religious. it might be just a phrase, although it's not a very common thing to say.

It is pretty common here to say God Bless.....

This sounds rather like a common phrase such as "Nice to see you" or "How are you". Just like we have them in the German language. Fillers. `cause who is anybody of us to tell God whom he has to bless or not... ;)

I agree, but normally wouldn't you just say "bless your family" and not include God? I don't really care what his beliefs are, I just found it interesting that someone who is commonly labeled as so "anti religion" would say a phrase like that.

I agree, but normally wouldn't you just say "bless your family" and not include God? I don't really care what his beliefs are, I just found it interesting that someone who is commonly labeled as so "anti religion" would say a phrase like that.

But remember, us americans are pretty hypocritical. There is the separation of church and state, but what does our money say?

Even just saying bless has a religious connotation.

Possibly this "anti religion" thing wasn´t made up by himself, but by others. It´s so common, if you aren´t for something, the conclusion often is you´re against something. In the end it really doesn´t matter, as you said.

I'm not sure how religious he is, but I am pretty sure, but the way he acts, that he has a religious background. Definitely a Christian background.

Wasn´t he raised catholic?

But remember, us americans are pretty hypocritical.

What?! Don´t destroy my holy picture of the blessed American people!

Back to fangirling, I will say that the cross he wore in the Mother Mary video was really hot.

:) OT again: when I saw a drawing of Jesus the other day, I thought, wow, that man was hot! :D

:) OT again: when I saw a drawing of Jesus the other day, I thought, wow, that man was hot! :D

Michelangelo's Jesus in Pieta is just stunning.

yes i'm fangirling about a limestone statue of a dead man

Wasn´t he raised catholic?

I've never seen anything about what religion he was raised, but from the way he acts and some of the lyrics he has written, I've always gotten the impression that he was. But, his mom is from Oklahoma and Catholicism is not very prevalent in the south. I would imagine Adrienne was raised Catholic. You would knwo this better than me, but I believe Nesser is a German name and isn't Catholicism a major religion in Germany?

Whatever it was, I think it is pretty clear that he has some form of Christian background.

Now to fangirling, the cross is really hot in the Mother Mary video.

It is pretty common here to say God Bless.....

I sometimes forget that religion's much more common in the US. I tend to express such things withought religious connotations, because it's rather unnatural for me. And I can't tell how serious people are when they say such things. I mean, if you say "god bless" here it means you're at least a bishop.

Michelangelo's Jesus in Pieta is just stunning.

yes i'm fangirling about a limestone statue of a dead man

Yes, it is stunning. Just looked it up. Pure devotion and surrender.

I've never seen anything about what religion he was raised, but from the way he acts and some of the lyrics he has written, I've always gotten the impression that he was. But, his mom is from Oklahoma and Catholicism is not very prevalent in the south. I would imagine Adrienne was raised Catholic. You would knwo this better than me, but I believe Nesser is a German name and isn't Catholicism a major religion in Germany?

Whatever it was, I think it is pretty clear that he has some form of Christian background.

Now to fangirling, the cross is really hot in the Mother Mary video.

I heard she was Lebanese.

Catholizism is widespread in the south of Germany up to the middle, whereas Protestantism is rather in the north of Germany (where I come from). Nesser sounds like a German name, but I don´t know which area that would be. Definitely not the north. Maybe it´s the Netherlands or somewhere else. Not a common German name I´d say.

I heard she was Lebanese.

Mother Mary?

Btw, Nasser is an Arabic name, I guess.

Billie's said he has a "fetish for Christianity" and likes religious items/imagery etc. And the only time I've seen religious/Christian items in his house it was on display next to plastic skulls and Barbies :lol:, so I wouldn't read much into that. As far as his religious beliefs goes he was brought up in a Catholic family, but has only ever said he's agnostic/given ambiguous answers in interviews, so according to him he's agnostic.

And yeah Adrienne is of Lebanese descent. I believe her father was/is a pastor of some kind, so I guess she was brought up with religion as well. No idea of her beliefs though.

Billie's said he has a "fetish for Christianity" and likes religious items/imagery etc. And the only time I've seen religious/Christian items in his house it was on display next to plastic skulls and Barbies :lol:, so I wouldn't read much into that. As far as his religious beliefs goes he was brought up in a Catholic family, but has only ever said he's agnostic/given ambiguous answers in interviews, so according to him he's agnostic.

And yeah Adrienne is of Lebanese descent. I believe her father was/is a pastor of some kind, so I guess she was brought up with religion as well. No idea of her beliefs though.

We can always rely on you! :thumbsup:

In the interview with Bill Maher Billie was asked if he was brought up religiously to which he responded "I was raised with the fear of god", if anyone remembers that :)

(In an interview with Kerrang he said that he wasn't christian but not an atheist either, that he would describe himself as an agnostic... but that doesn't have to mean anything, he still might have been catholic when he was a child :D)

In the interview with Bill Maher Billie was asked if he was brought up religiously to which he responded "I was raised with the fear of god", if anyone remembers that :)

Yes, I know that "raised with the fear of God". The most stupid and blasphemic thing any church has ever done to gain power over people. But on the other it hand gave us "it doesn´t take Jesus to save my soul" and a sweet reverend (just had to come back to the topic ;) ). :wub:

(In an interview with Kerrang he said that he wasn't christian but not an atheist either, that he would describe himself as an agnostic... but that doesn't have to mean anything, he still might have been catholic when he was a child :D)

Just occured to me that i've never seen the interview! (Besides the bong bit i saw years ago if it's from it..)

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived