The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

I was doing that with a CRT TV when a Green Day video would come on in 1995-1998. Nothing is embarrassing. ;)

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i always set my home and lock screen as a super cute,adorable,hot etc. of Billie Joe And every night before i go to bed i kiss his pic before i turn it off.

...i know, its totally embarassing huh

omg i did not do this with a pic of jason. i fapped to an image of the big cats xD

I found it on Instagram! Someone posted it... I think it's from last night when he played with the Replacements.

Sure thing, it was his last show, he's gotten rid of this ugly dreads.

Every morning when i wake up, i turn on Green Day's official app and listen to the music player which plays 30 second clips of all their songs from Kerplunk! to Uno.

Anyways i sometimes find myself dancing to Haushinka in front of my mirror?

Btw, when i was like 10, Billie Joe was my imaginary boyfriend???

Btw, when i was like 10, Billie Joe was my imaginary boyfriend

How old are you now? Just curious.

I was doing that with a CRT TV when a Green Day video would come on in 1995-1998. Nothing is embarrassing. ;)

Those particles on that TV thou.

I was just thinking yesterday about how it's been a while since I've really fangirled over Billie(and by a while, I mean a week or two haha), and then he posts a selfie on Instagram! Billie Joe. A selfie. Wearing the same shirt he wore 20 years ago but being just as adorable now as he was then. Are you kidding me??? My heart!!

I have a weird one which I totally forgot about up until a few days ago.

When I was 14, I went to check out my then-favourite book at the library. I open it and what do I find but A PICTURE OF BILLIE JOE STUCK INSIDE THE FRONT COVER.

Needless to say that book went home with me :] I remember freaking out like "AKBDLSJSB;DFHSK THE LAST PERSON TO CHECK THIS OUT LIKED GREEN DAY TOO OMG WHO ARE U" It was sooo weird, and cool.

I still have the picture too, it's one of him in his Groovie Ghoulies shirt <3

I have a weird one which I totally forgot about up until a few days ago.

When I was 14, I went to check out my then-favourite book at the library. I open it and what do I find but A PICTURE OF BILLIE JOE STUCK INSIDE THE FRONT COVER.

Needless to say that book went home with me :] I remember freaking out like "AKBDLSJSB;DFHSK THE LAST PERSON TO CHECK THIS OUT LIKED GREEN DAY TOO OMG WHO ARE U" It was sooo weird, and cool.

I still have the picture too, it's one of him in his Groovie Ghoulies shirt <3

That is so lucky

That's very similar to my reaction back in '97 when I found an article on him in a random magazine for improving one's English. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm middle aged and have a load of GD photos on my phone. One night I'm sitting in a school hall waiting for something with my child (the GD fan) and we are going through my phone editing pics, trying out new BJA lockscreens etc. I'm leading the conversation with things like "OMG. He's sooo hot in this one" "Holy crap don't you just love Blonde Billie??" "I'm dying. I can't even..." etc .I can feel the lady behind me watching us curiously. Felt a bit strange as I knew she could see but hey my daughter didn't care. We have the same taste.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and at a get-together for my kid (the GD fan) she tells me excitedly that the boy she's liked all year has arrived. Guess who Mom is?

I'm middle aged and have a load of GD photos on my phone. One night I'm sitting in a school hall waiting for something with my child (the GD fan) and we are going through my phone editing pics, trying out new BJA lockscreens etc. I'm leading the conversation with things like "OMG. He's sooo hot in this one" "Holy crap don't you just love Blonde Billie??" "I'm dying. I can't even..." etc .I can feel the lady behind me watching us curiously. Felt a bit strange as I knew she could see but hey my daughter didn't care. We have the same taste.

Fast forward a couple of weeks and at a get-together for my kid (the GD fan) she tells me excitedly that the boy she's liked all year has arrived. Guess who Mom is?

This is the best! hahahaha that's seriously so funny. I hope one day if I have a daughter, she'll join me in fangirling.

This is the best! hahahaha that's seriously so funny. I hope one day if I have a daughter, she'll join me in fangirling.

I'd love having a fangirl mom. It must be a hell of a fun and I wouldn't have to feel awkward when talking about "my men". :D

I'd love having a fangirl mom. It must be a hell of a fun and I wouldn't have to feel awkward when talking about "my men". :D

Thanks. In all seriousness it works for both of us actually. She doesn't feel awkward at all because her mother's going to make the same comments she makes. And I'd hope that we wouldn't judge what she's into anyway but it might have made it easier for her knowing that she's not going to get 'comments' or judgement and that we welcome Green Day stuff everywhere, posters and calendars in common areas, her music playing ... haha ...

And seriously it is so much more fun discussing things like the bass line in She, JOS lyrics, or such important things like whether blonde BJA really does look as hot as dark-haired BJA .... than discussing idk ... the stuff my same-aged fb friends discuss (just checked fb - homes, car prices, domestic chores). Oh wow, there is just no contest...

Thanks. In all seriousness it works for both of us actually. She doesn't feel awkward at all because her mother's going to make the same comments she makes. And I'd hope that we wouldn't judge what she's into anyway but it might have made it easier for her knowing that she's not going to get 'comments' or judgement and that we welcome Green Day stuff everywhere, posters and calendars in common areas, her music playing ... haha ...

And seriously it is so much more fun discussing things like the bass line in She, JOS lyrics, or such important things like whether blonde BJA really does look as hot as dark-haired BJA .... than discussing idk ... the stuff my same-aged fb friends discuss (just checked fb - homes, car prices, domestic chores). Oh wow, there is just no contest...

exactly, it a good thing to talk about :) I don't discuss such things with my mom since she has never fangirled and these feelings are bit awkward to explain.

exactly, it a good thing to talk about :) I don't discuss such things with my mom since she has never fangirled and these feelings are bit awkward to explain.

I do think it removes a bit of the 'taboo' for her and makes her feel as if her feelings are a bit more normal or even 'acceptable' knowing that mum does it too. She loves the music and herself plays (she can play multiple Green Day songs on bass, guitar, and drums) but it would be unrealistic I think to expect it to be *all* about the music, if that makes sense. Sorry you don't discuss with your mom but she might understand it more than you think?

I do think it removes a bit of the 'taboo' for her and makes her feel as if her feelings are a bit more normal or even 'acceptable' knowing that mum does it too. She loves the music and herself plays (she can play multiple Green Day songs on bass, guitar, and drums) but it would be unrealistic I think to expect it to be *all* about the music, if that makes sense. Sorry you don't discuss with your mom but she might understand it more than you think?

In fact she's ok and I talk with her about everything, but I think she can't relate to these things very well so I don't bother her with my fangirling very often. We're the best friends but I don't want her to think I only like Green Day because of Billie's appearance so I make sure she knows music was always in the first place for me.

I keep a bj poster on my ceiling because glorious.

I have a Green Day poster (with blonde billie <3) on my ceiling as well, for pretty much the same reason xD

Thinkin' back to the '06 KCA b/c of this:

15p28eh.jpg

-melts-

Adie and the boys looked especially cute that day too <3

I keep a bj poster on my ceiling because glorious.

now i need to have ideas of blowing up a 24" by 36" poster of Jason :) stop givin me ideas :lol:

In fact she's ok and I talk with her about everything, but I think she can't relate to these things very well so I don't bother her with my fangirling very often. We're the best friends but I don't want her to think I only like Green Day because of Billie's appearance so I make sure she knows music was always in the first place for me.

That's great. C:

My daughter could probably relate to how you feel - some schoolmates thinks she only likes Green Day because "Billie's hot" when for her it's not true. Well it's true she thinks he's hot, but it's definitely not true that's the sole, or main, reason behind her love for Green Day. And I'm middle-aged so yeah fangirling is kind of ..... yeah. We do it together and don't get judged. As long as we all have somewhere to fangirl, knowing others just *get* it, haha. (yeah thankful for sites like this).

Well, my dad also thinks I'm weird for liking the band and Billie joe but that's ok but I'm not exactly a fangirl

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived