The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

How about how healthy Billie looks in the latest AI Musical photos.

Although I may rep the pics, that doesn't mean I wouldn't personally dip into my bank account to get the dude a haircut. I cannot with the hobo dreads. Honestly. I refuse to fangirl over them. :lol:

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm alright with the hair. Looking more chilled out surfer dude than hobo now, plus he just looks really happy which is great + attractive.

Looking happy matters more than everything else, I agree. :)

So...today is the first anniversary of my first Green Day show, the one I waited for 18 years. :wub:

So...today is the first anniversary of my first Green Day show, the one I waited for 18 years. :wub:

18 years :shok::blink:

I like his hair :) he seems so wild lol I really hope he won't cut them

Happy Anniversary Iva! And I hope you get to see them many more times.

Although I may rep the pics, that doesn't mean I wouldn't personally dip into my bank account to get the dude a haircut. I cannot with the hobo dreads. Honestly. I refuse to fangirl over them. :lol:

I like the hobo dreads but with the beard that was too much :D

18 years :shok::blink:

Yup. I have that in my sig, in a nutshell, but it goes like this...

I got into Green Day about a month before I turned 12. That September, they were to play in Budapest, Hungary. My dad had a stroke in July and there was no way they would let me go on my own.

Then there was an early 1996 show in Ljubljana, Slovenia that I was not aware of, as before the Internet, finding things out was pretty hard.

In February 1998, they returned to Slovenia and in August to Hungary, but my parents were like: "This will pass you..." Pfft, at that point, it was going on for 3+ years.

Then we got really skint and I did not even think of anything when the band toured for Warning. When we finally sold some property in 2002, I believe the tour was over. Meanwhile country after country started introducing visas for our citizens as they were about to enter the European Union. In 2005, I missed news of another show in Budapest, though I was on the bloody e-mail list. I was just too obsessed with the other fandom and my website that I was not doing much else. Embarrassing.

In 2009, I knew that the visas would be abolished on the 19th of December and I was hoping there will be an European show close by that I can go to, after that date. When the e-mail with tour dates arrived, there was one scheduled for November. I literally wept for an hour. What a bloody irony. At that point, I did go through the extra effort of getting the Austrian visa to see classic line-up Red Hot Chili Peppers in 2006, but I had a confirmation that I was an university student, while this time around, I was freelancing without actually paying any sort of tax (that stuff has not been defined here as of, well, now...crappy) and I knew they would reject my application.

And then, it went the way it went with dad's cancer and death, my complete and total lack of motivation for about everything. I bought the Trilogy, but I did not even try to listen to it. I stopped looking at the news, knowing they would make me miserable, that there would be shows too far away for my then-budget...until December 2012, when I woke up to the news that they're coming here. I freaked out with happiness. :D

You pretty much knew what happened next. ;)

Happy Anniversary, Iva! And I hope you get to see them many more times.

Thank you. :wub:

I can't wait for my third show. And fourth. Fifth. Fifteenth. Twenty-fifth. :)

I got into Green Day about a month before I turned 12. That September, they were to play in Budapest, Hungary. My dad had a stroke in July and there was no way they would let me go on my own.

Then there was an early 1996 show in Ljubljana, Slovenia that I was not aware of, as before the Internet, finding things out was pretty hard.

In February 1998, they returned to Slovenia and in August to Hungary, but my parents were like: "This will pass you..." Pfft, at that point, it was going on for 3+ years.

Then we got really skint and I did not even think of anything when the band toured for Warning. When we finally sold some property in 2002, I believe the tour was over. Meanwhile country after country started introducing visas for our citizens as they were about to enter the European Union. In 2005, I missed news of another show in Budapest, though I was on the bloody e-mail list. I was just too obsessed with the other fandom and my website that I was not doing much else. Embarrassing.

In 2009, I knew that the visas would be abolished on the 19th of December and I was hoping there will be an European show close by that I can go to, after that date. When the e-mail with tour dates arrived, there was one scheduled for November. I literally wept for an hour. What a bloody irony. At that point, I did go through the extra effort of getting the Austrian visa to see classic line-up Red Hot Chili Peppers in 2006, but I had a confirmation that I was an university student, while this time around, I was freelancing without actually paying any sort of tax (that stuff has not been defined here as of, well, now...crappy) and I knew they would reject my application.

And then, it went the way it went with dad's cancer and death, my complete and total lack of motivation for about everything. I bought the Trilogy, but I did not even try to listen to it. I stopped looking at the news, knowing they would make me miserable, that there would be shows too far away for my then-budget...until December 2012, when I woke up to the news that they're coming here. I freaked out with happiness. :D

Thank you. :wub:

I can't wait for my third show. And fourth. Fifth. Fifteenth. Twenty-fifth. :)

Wow that makes my pathetic story of why I didnt get to see the AI tour not if worth mentioning. :lol:

Eh, I'm a shallow, superficial person I guess. If I had my way he'd be wearing red ties and eyeliner for the rest of eternity, but life just can't be that perfect, can it? :)

I did not say that, I just quoted the reply I agreed with. Hope I didn't upset you or insult you.

I guess it must be complicated to see them in a country like yours, though... :( Like Argentina, Chile, etc... You know what, last year I was really really gutted when I missed them in Lisbon (God I was just like less than 200 miles below), but when I think you have waited for 18 years... I really don't have to complain.

A real chance for you that they played in Belgrade ..!

It is not complicated now, depends on how much I work and earn, really. Don't go for stereotypes from years ago. ;) And thank you. :wub:

Oh, oh can I be a fan girl if I'm a guy? I promise I'll be a good girl.

Yes, you can be a fangirl if you want. :P

Yes, you can be a fangirl if you want. :P

Woohoo! Thanks much. I'll do my best :P

CONFESSION - Yesterday was my first day back to work after being on vacation, and instead of actually working I just looked at Green Day pictures. All. Freaking. Day.

And I kept changing my desktop wallpaper every time I found a new picture that I fell in love with haha.

Whoops!

CONFESSION - Yesterday was my first day back to work after being on vacation, and instead of actually working I just looked at Green Day pictures. All. Freaking. Day.

And I kept changing my desktop wallpaper every time I found a new picture that I fell in love with haha.

Whoops!

How are you so consistent with your avatar, then?

And what does Linus think about this?

Sure. Welcome. :)

How are you so consistent with your avatar, then?

And what does Linus think about

Oooh, can't wait to be scared of him all over again. Meowemonium! XD

Woohoo! Thanks much. I'll do my best :P

Yay! So what do you like to fangir... err... Fanboy about? Popular topics of conversation around here are Billie's hair, pictures that they post, how hot they look on stage, etc...

Yay! So what do you like to fangir... err... Fanboy about? Popular topics of conversation around here are Billie's hair, pictures that they post, how hot they look on stage, etc...

Oh snap. Uhh, does billies sighing counts? There parts in the songs where billies sighs after singing a certain lyric. I think his sigh legendary. Especially in the song holiday after he sings "Hear the sound of the falling rain". The way he sighed is incredible. People might find this rediculous tho lol

Oh snap. Uhh, does billies sighing counts? There parts in the songs where billies sighs after singing a certain lyric. I think his sigh legendary. Especially in the song holiday after he sings "Hear the sound of the falling rain". The way he sighed is incredible. People might find this rediculous tho lol

haha everything counts

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived