The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

I dreamt the guys helped me to deal with a panic attack after a gig (caused by the 100000000000 people in the venue).

Fortunately that dream I didn't throw up in front of them. Pretty good dream then !

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Girls, this is not the "Green Day dreams" thread :rolleyes:

Nah, i'm just jealous that i haven't dream about my boys since long time ago

:(

Girls, this is not the "Green Day dreams" thread

That's very true.

GIRLS PLS: http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/89219-green-day-dreams/ :mad::P

I recently had some really weird Billie dreams I have to share. Soon :ninja:

Once I had a dream that Billie was my teacher and it was really weird and he yelled at everyone! :D

Muahahahaha. Teachers :eyebrows:

Billie as a professor/ teacher will always remind me of [x] and [x] :lol:

Four am ramblings.

So I'm sitting here all alone at four in the morning, listening to Green Day, and I'm thinking, how strange is it that I'm wide awake listening to the same songs I've listened to time and again. Usually, it doesn't seem that strange. I listen to the songs like normal and let them take me away to a better place, I never question it. But for some reason today I am. It's so strange that a song I've listened to a thousand and one times can break me down like a piece of cheap plastic in mere seconds.

For example, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams just came on shuffle. An hour ago I was reading fanfiction and not really giving a damn about the world. I was cheerful, in a way. Content with myself and my situation. Right now, I'm all choked up and, honestly, in the mood for a good cry. How could my mood change that drastically just because of a couple songs from a simple band?

Sometimes I really wish I could explain to myself, let alone other people, just how much Green Day means to me. Fuck that, not even explain. I wish I could begin to understand the relationship I have with this band. At this point, I don't just listen to their music. I'm not just enjoying their song. It all goes so much deeper than simply liking a song, finding a tune catchy.

Listening to Holiday, for example, takes me back to every single time I have ever listened to the song. All the emotion I have felt; all the pain and sorrow. Happiness and depression comes rushing instantly back to me. To the point that it's painful to listen to the music I love. It hurts. I know that sounds really stupid, but it hurts me to listen to Green Day. The emotions hurt, the memories hurt, and the love I have for the band hurts more than anything. Because when I listen to Holiday, every time I have listened to Holiday, the love I have for Green Day is clear as day. Although, I don't know it. It's just there; I can't explain it or understand it.

Nothing pisses me off more than people who think it's stupid to be "saved" by a band. I personally can say that a band has saved my life, and changed it. I'm scared to think where I would be today if I hadn't discovered Green Day in my junior high years. Billie's words changed my life. He taught me that I don't have to conform to society, or even my parents. Billie showed me that I can be whoever the fuck I want to be, I can be a minority. That it's ok to be different. Even though he's, what feels like, 2000 light years away, Billie Joe introduced me to a part of me I'd never known. He was the spark for my love of music. So many of my favorite hobbies I never would have discovered if it hadn't been or him. Guitar, drawing, writing, and so many more. Because of him I discovered a community where I've made some friends I never thought I could make. I've met some of the most interesting people in the world thanks to that man.

But, the saddest thing is, he will never know. I'll never be able to tell him all the great things he has done for me. I'll never get to thank him for saving my life. Just by existing, just by pursuing his passion Billie has made my, and countless of other peoples, lives better. And that makes me sadder beyond anything else. When I listen to his music, knowing I'll never be able to tell him all the good he has done for the world. I really love Billie Joe, and I hope he knows he's cared about. Even in the darkest if times. He'll always have his family, his friends, and his idiots.

That was touching :cry: thanks for sharing <3

i know i had a related green day dream when i woke up this morning. but now it's the evening and i can't remember what it was exactly. how weird!

I guess this is kind of a fangirl thing. I don't really know, it's just something I do. Sometimes when I watch Green Day videos of concerts and stuff, I like to play a game called "Find Billie". Basically the idea is just that I try to notice where Billie is in each moment/scene of the video. It's fun because camera angles change constantly, sometimes he's in the shadows and hard to see or he's behind someone or something. One frame it could be he's the main focus and next he could be all the way in back or something. When I say "notice him", I mean any part of him. It could be just a finger or his shoulder in the corner of the frame. Just any aspect of him you can identify in that instant of the video. Every video is different and he's more difficult to keep track of in some than others due to pacing, focus, and countless other factors. That's what makes it more interesting and so much better than something like stationary pages of a Where's Waldo book.

Like I said, not really sure if this is a "fangirl confession", but it's just a fun little game I play that I wanted to share seeing as it revolves keeping your eyes locked onto Billie as much as possible.

Four am ramblings.

So I'm sitting here all alone at four in the morning, listening to Green Day, and I'm thinking, how strange is it that I'm wide awake listening to the same songs I've listened to time and again. Usually, it doesn't seem that strange. I listen to the songs like normal and let them take me away to a better place, I never question it. But for some reason today I am. It's so strange that a song I've listened to a thousand and one times can break me down like a piece of cheap plastic in mere seconds.

For example, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams just came on shuffle. An hour ago I was reading fanfiction and not really giving a damn about the world. I was cheerful, in a way. Content with myself and my situation. Right now, I'm all choked up and, honestly, in the mood for a good cry. How could my mood change that drastically just because of a couple songs from a simple band?

Sometimes I really wish I could explain to myself, let alone other people, just how much Green Day means to me. Fuck that, not even explain. I wish I could begin to understand the relationship I have with this band. At this point, I don't just listen to their music. I'm not just enjoying their song. It all goes so much deeper than simply liking a song, finding a tune catchy.

Listening to Holiday, for example, takes me back to every single time I have ever listened to the song. All the emotion I have felt; all the pain and sorrow. Happiness and depression comes rushing instantly back to me. To the point that it's painful to listen to the music I love. It hurts. I know that sounds really stupid, but it hurts me to listen to Green Day. The emotions hurt, the memories hurt, and the love I have for the band hurts more than anything. Because when I listen to Holiday, every time I have listened to Holiday, the love I have for Green Day is clear as day. Although, I don't know it. It's just there; I can't explain it or understand it.

Nothing pisses me off more than people who think it's stupid to be "saved" by a band. I personally can say that a band has saved my life, and changed it. I'm scared to think where I would be today if I hadn't discovered Green Day in my junior high years. Billie's words changed my life. He taught me that I don't have to conform to society, or even my parents. Billie showed me that I can be whoever the fuck I want to be, I can be a minority. That it's ok to be different. Even though he's, what feels like, 2000 light years away, Billie Joe introduced me to a part of me I'd never known. He was the spark for my love of music. So many of my favorite hobbies I never would have discovered if it hadn't been or him. Guitar, drawing, writing, and so many more. Because of him I discovered a community where I've made some friends I never thought I could make. I've met some of the most interesting people in the world thanks to that man.

But, the saddest thing is, he will never know. I'll never be able to tell him all the great things he has done for me. I'll never get to thank him for saving my life. Just by existing, just by pursuing his passion Billie has made my, and countless of other peoples, lives better. And that makes me sadder beyond anything else. When I listen to his music, knowing I'll never be able to tell him all the good he has done for the world. I really love Billie Joe, and I hope he knows he's cared about. Even in the darkest if times. He'll always have his family, his friends, and his idiots.

It's not fangirling. It's not even fandom, it's.. more than that.

But yay, in any case, you perfectly summed up my feelings towards that STUPID DWARF ♥ (And towards Mike and Tré too, I love them as much as BJ.)

I just wanted to take a brief break from fangirling for a second, and be a wee bit mushy...

As 2013 winds down, I've been reflecting on my year. I can honestly say that finding GDC was a major highlight, and I'm so happy that I got to "meet" so many awesome people. Especially you guys, since this is the thread I visit the most. It's awesome to be able to connect with people all over the world with the same crazy ass obsession as mine... I love you guys!

I guess this is kind of a fangirl thing. I don't really know, it's just something I do. Sometimes when I watch Green Day videos of concerts and stuff, I like to play a game called "Find Billie". Basically the idea is just that I try to notice where Billie is in each moment/scene of the video. It's fun because camera angles change constantly, sometimes he's in the shadows and hard to see or he's behind someone or something. One frame it could be he's the main focus and next he could be all the way in back or something. When I say "notice him", I mean any part of him. It could be just a finger or his shoulder in the corner of the frame. Just any aspect of him you can identify in that instant of the video. Every video is different and he's more difficult to keep track of in some than others due to pacing, focus, and countless other factors. That's what makes it more interesting and so much better than something like stationary pages of a Where's Waldo book.

Like I said, not really sure if this is a "fangirl confession", but it's just a fun little game I play that I wanted to share seeing as it revolves keeping your eyes locked onto Billie as much as possible.

That's why I focus on Billie 99% of the time when I record at GD gigs.. because I'm a mean person who wants to destroy ya game :mad: lol *Brutal Love* :wub:

I unconsciously do that too all the time, not as a game but yeah :lol: that's how I found this excellent moment in Cuatro:

BZTBXbo.gif

Still... the Billie Body Parts game > Find The Billie game :ga:

As 2013 winds down, I've been reflecting on my year. I can honestly say that finding GDC was a major highlight, and I'm so happy that I got to "meet" so many awesome people. Especially you guys, since this is the thread I visit the most. It's awesome to be able to connect with people all over the world with the same crazy ass obsession as mine... I love you guys!

:wub::hug: I'm glad you decided to join.

I always get an erection about 0:58 into Fashion Victim when Billie hits that high note.

UzcINbt.gif

:happy:

I want a Billie Joe cardboard cutout so I can decorate it for holidays. Christmas? Wrap lights and garland around it and tape a star to his forhead. Easter? Put bunny ears on him. Halloween? Put him in a witch costume. This is fucking genius,.

I just wanted to take a brief break from fangirling for a second, and be a wee bit mushy...

My thoughts exactly about all this year in this community, it was so awesome to find other people as crazy as me about this guys :happy::wub: I hope next year bring more amazing fangirl moments :eyebrows:

My thoughts exactly about all this year in this community, it was so awesome to find other people as crazy as me about this guys :happy::wub: I hope next year bring more amazing fangirl moments :eyebrows:

I know this is the wrong thread for is ut holy fuck your sig makes me want to shagfe tom Hiddleston

I want a Billie Joe cardboard cutout so I can decorate it for holidays. Christmas? Wrap lights and garland around it and tape a star to his forhead. Easter? Put bunny ears on him. Halloween? Put him in a witch costume. This is fucking genius,.

This is what I need, seriously.

Still... the Billie Body Parts game > Find The Billie game :ga:

now I'm curious about the Billie Body Parts game :ninja: what is this?? :lol:

I was listening to Jesus Of Suburbia when the clock stroke midnight :wub: "I don't care if you don't care..." to be exact :lol: my motto for 2014.

Confession: When I was 13 I kissed picture of Billie into the new year :ga:I think I did it at 14 too. omg

now I'm curious about the Billie Body Parts game :ninja: what is this?? :lol:

:eyebrows:
Lexi (GDInSeattle) invented the game, it's like the human body parts guessing game but with Billie :P I still play it with her on Kik sometimes and we played it twice with GDCers in spam threads.
One person chooses a body part and the other person asks questions like "is it inside Billie?" "is it above his waist?" etc then the first person answers with "yes" or "no". Usually, it ends after the 20th asked question but you can play it until the 2nd person guesses the correct body part.

IT'S SO MUCH FUN.
nHOkaA4.gif
and not creepy at all :P

kWcfJDg.gif

Confession: When I was 13 I kissed picture of Billie into the new year :ga:I think I did it at 14 too. omg

Omg, i did that too!!! :lol:

And sometimes i still do it

:blush:

I went to a New Year's Eve party on a historic ship, and there was no dance floor. Regardless, the DJ kept playing the crappiest wedding type dance music. He even played gangnam style... It was that bad. Just when I thought he was completely hopeless, out of nowhere he played When I Come Around!!! Of course I flipped out (as I always do when GD is played in public), and all of my friends were making fun of me lol. I don't even care though, it was so perfect and it was the last song before midnight. Not a bad way to end the year :-)

We were coming home from New year & JOS came on the radio - half way through my hubby said what another GD song I said same song - he still has no clue :)

The first Green Day song I listened to this year is "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and it's actually really fitting.

The first Green Day song I listened to this year is "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and it's actually really fitting.

Why? Were you wearing cologne?

My first GD song this year was "Brutal Love," while sitting alone in my room sobbing over my ex. Grim stuff :lol:

:hug:

Do you think that Al Sobrante regrets it for not staying in the band?

My first GD song this year was "Brutal Love," while sitting alone in my room sobbing over my ex. Grim stuff :lol:

Eek! Rough start to the new year?? Can only go up from there though :-)

ALSO I'm totally fangirling over the thought of Billie Joe and Norah performing at the Grammys. Now, there's no reason to think this will actually happen so don't get excited. But when I heard that Phil Everly died that was one of the first thoughts that popped into my head. It would just be so perfect!! Prob won't happen, but a girl can dream!

Eek! Rough start to the new year?? Can only go up from there though :-)

ALSO I'm totally fangirling over the thought of Billie Joe and Norah performing at the Grammys. Now, there's no reason to think this will actually happen so don't get excited. But when I heard that Phil Everly died that was one of the first thoughts that popped into my head. It would just be so perfect!! Prob won't happen, but a girl can dream!

Morbid thought but I also thought his death may make a performance more probable.

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived