The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

I don't care if no one wants to listen, they are listening

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care if no one wants to listen, they are listening

I like to torture the parentals by playing Green Day really loudly. It's great fun.

I like to torture the parentals by playing Green Day really loudly. It's great fun.

My dad is a huge fan. He actually stays up all night playing them so really my rebellious teenage stage was sadly crushed :(

Ladies and gentlemen, Matt Chinander

Oi, lads. This is your role model.

Ladies and gentlemen, Matt Chinander

I think I just had a heart attack...

Since this is a fangirls' confession thread, I have a confession to make. Funny story, actually. So remember how a while ago Billie was featured in the Rolling Stones magazine? My friend and I had to work on a project after school, so I thought, hey, I'll get the magazine after class. So we went to Duane Reade and got the magazine, and I went with her to Starbucks so she could get her coffee before working on the thing. So she's in line, and I'm sitting at a table waiting for her and I start reading it. And I start sobbing, uncontrollably, in the middle of Starbucks because I love Billie so much and his story was really touching. You should've seen the looks I got...

I have never been a "crazy" fangirl. I've always been ultra controlled unless I'm around people who know I love them. I rarely mention that I like Green Day to anyone unless I get to know them better. Most of my craziness and freaking out goes on inside. I have also never written any fan fiction about anything, especially Green Day. The most I've done related to something like that is draw Billie. My personality is so reserved that it's sometimes a bit embarrassing to think about.

I think I just had a heart attack...

I just thought on Chanandler Bong...XD

Fangirl... maybe that I'm one. But I was more a fangirl with my favorite band (the Moffatts) then with Green Day. I must admit that I do think Billie Joe is very sexy. And that I have a giant poster of Billie Joe behind my bedroom's door (I don't want my parents to see the poster; they hate Green Day). And that I keep thinking that I could have been able to meet the band the last time they were in Montreal because I'm sure they spent some times in Shed 16 before their concert on Jacques-Cartier pier. And that I tried to go to NYC to see American Idiot on Broadway, but my plan didn't work. And... well, many other things that I've done!

Since this is a fangirls' confession thread, I have a confession to make. Funny story, actually. So remember how a while ago Billie was featured in the Rolling Stones magazine? My friend and I had to work on a project after school, so I thought, hey, I'll get the magazine after class. So we went to Duane Reade and got the magazine, and I went with her to Starbucks so she could get her coffee before working on the thing. So she's in line, and I'm sitting at a table waiting for her and I start reading it. And I start sobbing, uncontrollably, in the middle of Starbucks because I love Billie so much and his story was really touching. You should've seen the looks I got...

I spent ages dragging my dad around town trying to get hold of a copy of that Rolling Stone edition. Then, I spent ages telling him all about what I had read later that night. :P Its cool, because he likes Green Day and music in general.

I mean well my excuse is that Green Day's music is amazing, and the band members just HAPPEN to be beautiful...y'know?

I have never been a "crazy" fangirl. I've always been ultra controlled unless I'm around people who know I love them. I rarely mention that I like Green Day to anyone unless I get to know them better. Most of my craziness and freaking out goes on inside. I have also never written any fan fiction about anything, especially Green Day. The most I've done related to something like that is draw Billie. My personality is so reserved that it's sometimes a bit embarrassing to think about.

Never been one for fanfiction, but I've always found that sort of writing weird. I'm quite reserved, and I don't like giving aspects of my personality or preferences away either, so unless I'm wearing my one, lonely Green Day t shirt (which isn't that often) you wouldn't know I was a fan.

I wonder if I would like Green Day less if they were gross-looking :( The thought makes me sad

I've read every entry in this topic and I kept thinking, I'm not like that. And then the lightbulb went off in my head. Here's my fangirl story:

The assistants at my office were in a meeting and the topic of the Grammy's came up. Our company does the food at STAPLES Center and talked turned to the assistants that have to go and work the show. (Back story - when Green Day was performing a few years ago one of our assistants that went was leaving our office, opened the door, and walking by was Green Day and all their security. Everyone was a bit shocked by an unexpected door opening but the band et al kept walking. The assistant told me that seeing them was very cool but that they are very short.)

So the story is reiterated, and I being the only Green Day fan in my office of over 150 people, mentioned all of their heights. The looks I got from everyone in that room - until someone did say, "I can't believe you know that information." Yeah, I'm a difinite fangirl.

And proud of it. :lol:

Oh, their heights! I think I might have forgotten but is this it?

BJA: 5'6

MD: 5'10 (he's the tall-ish member)

TC: 5'4

I can't even remember where on the Internet I found out all this crap. Wikipedia isn't THAT helpful.

I wonder if I would like Green Day less if they were gross-looking :( The thought makes me sad

I fell in love with the American Idiot album without having seen or recalling the band members' faces. I was convinced they were fat and bald. I don't care how ugly they are, the music is awesome and I would still think so if they all looked like hobos.

I remember being really upset when I found out that Billie Joe was married and had kids. I don't know why, but I wanted him to be single, or at least only married.

Speaking of that Rolling Stone interview with Billie...I remember the day I heard the news of him going to rehab. It ruined my entire day and I even cried a little bit. Afterwards I felt silly because I was like he doesn't even know I exist! But my heart still went out to him and his family.

I'm only 22 and people say stuff like, "Aren't you too old for this?" NO I WILL NEVER BE TOO OLD. It's one of my criteria for dating guys - they need to accept the obsession with no questions asked :lol:

CAN I GET ANOTHER AMEN?!

That's my dating criteria too. Its either guys accept my Green Day life style, or gtfo. :fuckyou::lol:

Holy smokes I am probably the oldest fan girl here and by far the worst! :D My cubicle at work is plastered with pictures, mostly of Billie Joe, I refer to him as my baby daddy, I have a personalized Stella Artois chalice that says Mrs. Armstrong. I squeak "boyfriend" whenever I hear them on the radio or see them on tv. I am a fangirl through and through and proud of it. Don't judge me. :)

My daughter is always pointing to pictures of Billie Joe asking "is that daddy?" (she's 2 lol) I'm like....I wish...lol

I remember being really upset when I found out that Billie Joe was married and had kids. I don't know why, but I wanted him to be single, or at least only married.

Weird...assuming you weren't really a possessive fanboy (:P), do you think it was maybe because being married with children gave him a nice 'wholesome' aspect to his image?

Oh, their heights! I think I might have forgotten but is this it?

BJA: 5'6

MD: 5'10 (he's the tall-ish member)

TC: 5'4

I can't even remember where on the Internet I found out all this crap. Wikipedia isn't THAT helpful.

I fell in love with the American Idiot album without having seen or recalling the band members' faces. I was convinced they were fat and bald. I don't care how ugly they are, the music is awesome and I would still think so if they all looked like hobos.

Tre Cool is only 5'4????

Weird...assuming you weren't really a possessive fanboy ( :P), do you think it was maybe because being married with children gave him a nice 'wholesome' aspect to his image?

No not that. Maybe because I saw him like a guy I could relate to. I could relate to a single, young guy better.

Tre Cool is only 5'4????

I'm not entirely sure; that's what I was asking. :P He's pint sized, I know that...

No not that. Maybe because I saw him like a guy I could relate to. I could relate to a single, young guy better.

I see. Though I suppose you can still relate to him in the sense that many of his lyrics, especially the older ones, take a young male perspective.

In fact, as I was saying yesterday, Billie Joe also writes often from a girl's perspective and I genuinely believe that's the main reason Green Day has such a solid female fan base.

I'm not entirely sure; that's what I was asking. :P He's pint sized, I know that...

He's definitely shorter than Billie which is funny because every one always comments on how small Billie is (the media especially always calling him impish and pint size, ughhhh) and no one ever seems to mention Tre's height. Sorry to stray off topic...

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived