The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

Not all the silly stuff Billie did over the years was solely because of being under the influence :P. Mike and Tre got up to plenty of stuff too! They were a bunch of dirty little punks who liked to do over the top things so there's no need to worry about every crazy thing they did just because Billie realised he had an addition problem at a later date. I doubt Mike was that bothered about Billie telling a pee story when he'd shat over a balcony on to Juliette Binoche's patio on Oscar night :lol: 

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Caroline Truong said:

thanks and what is ava btw stand for?..:dry:

Avatar - your lovely profile picture of Billie and Tré :lol:

5 hours ago, Niënor said:

Well he has done it at least once, he videotaped it, complete with weiner shot,  after all.  :lol:

I forgot about that one..

Never watched it and not sure I want to haha 

4 hours ago, reneetaleena said:

Does anyone know where the heck this adorableness is from??...like is there a video or something??? How is he a grown man but also a little boy??

(http://toorunkpockforyou.tumblr.com)

Oh dear lord *watches forever*

1 hour ago, Q.B said:

I can't handle the cuteness of this one! :lol: His reaction when a girl flashes her boobs:

I didn't know that's what made him laugh there :lol:  Smiling chubby Billie is everything  :wub:

9 hours ago, belinda jane said:

It's on Youtube.
Warning: it's really embarrassing. Like, I cringed when I watched it.

Agreed. It was terrifying when I saw that then and now it makes me feel so damn sorry.

51 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Avatar - your lovely profile picture of Billie and Tré :lol:

I forgot about that one..

Never watched it and not sure I want to haha 

Thanks..:wub:

I agree Billie is not only one you doing all of crazy and  out of control stuff..tre and Mike is not that innocent.either!.

i always thought Billie is the most control person out of those two..maybe that is why he is leader of band!

GLORIA (sorry, on iPad, too many underlines) is right, it was at Irving Plaza, thanks.  

I didn't mean that I thought Mike and Tre were innocent at all, nor did I mean just around the time was Billie was at his lowest point, I meant generally, over the years of performing beside him and not knowing what he'll do next.  We got a little insight when Mike said he looked across to Billie at MSG and thought "my guys naked" the other week, in the early years doc for Spotify but I bet there must have been many  a time when they have thought "wtf".

I believe that Mike and Tre have been very supportive of Billie and helped him through rehab and also am sure they will have had many emotions during the process including worry, anger and fear and am so glad they have made it through the other side. 

I am glad they have matured and do less crazy stuff but I always quite admired they had the guts to do it, even if I thought they might regret some of it later lol!

whatever else, you can't say it's boring being. green Day fan :lol:

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

GLORIA (sorry, on iPad, too many underlines) is right, it was at Irving Plaza, thanks.  

I didn't mean that I thought Mike and Tre were innocent at all, nor did I mean just around the time was Billie was at his lowest point, I meant generally, over the years of performing beside him and not knowing what he'll do next.  We got a little insight when Mike said he looked across to Billie at MSG and thought "my guys naked" the other week, in the early years doc for Spotify but I bet there must have been many  a time when they have thought "wtf".

I believe that Mike and Tre have been very supportive of Billie and helped him through rehab and also am sure they will have had many emotions during the process including worry, anger and fear and am so glad they have made it through the other side. 

I am glad they have matured and do less crazy stuff but I always quite admired they had the guts to do it, even if I thought they might regret some of it later lol!

whatever else, you can't say it's boring being. green Day fan :lol:

Do we know for sure if he jumped or fell? I thought it was a really cool stagedive :lol:

Yes, it must be nuts to be in Green Day, I have no doubt. 

17 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Do we know for sure if he jumped or fell? I thought it was a really cool stagedive :lol:

Yes, it must be nuts to be in Green Day, I have no doubt. 

Yeah pretty sure it was an epic stage dive. Alcohol probably gave him the courage for it :P, but it's not the first or last time he's been a daredevil on stage

10 hours ago, Montclare said:

What was the second one?  I know the Nimrod era one that's on Youtube, but can't picture any other one.

I'll see if I can find it again. There's the well known one where he calls out this "mohawk motherfucker" in front and then I saw another where he stops the show midsong and starts yelling at a guy to the far right to "get the fuck out". He keeps telling him to leave he doesn't leave so he goes over and jumps in the crowd after him. 

I've never seen a performer so hyperaware of his audience while he performs. From 1990 to today he has stopped songs to address something in the crowd. He notices everything, not just fights but if he sees someone fall down and not come up he'll say "pick him up". I don't know what to call it, but it's an amazing quality.

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I'll see if I can find it again. There's the well known one where he calls out this "mohawk motherfucker" in front and then I saw another where he stops the show midsong and starts yelling at a guy to the far right to "get the fuck out". He keeps telling him to leave he doesn't leave so he goes over and jumps in the crowd after him. 

I've never seen a performer so hyperaware of his audience while he performs. From 1990 to today he has stopped songs to address something in the crowd. He notices everything, not just fights but if he sees someone fall down and not come up he'll say "pick him up". I don't know what to call it, but it's an amazing quality.

I've seen that too, Dookie era I think. You don't see much other than him going into the crowd but cool to see him sort out trouble anyway, pretty brave thing to do for the sake of the crowd. I agree it's really impressive the way he keeps the peace at shows.

That Irving Plaza stagedive freaked me out. From his angle it looked really high I don't know how he didn't crush the people below.

And in answer to what was he thinking when he took the camera into the bathroom with him and whipped it out? It was 1991 -- he was thinking what any of us would think making a home video, that nobody was ever going to see this. He says that to one of the guys he's filming when he wants to get him to do something, "C'mon, no ones ever gonna see this."

Famous last words. I actually like that film because he had no idea how his life would change in a few short years. He's showing off the 80 tattoo and I'm thinking "two kids and 26 years later..." They didn't even know what YouTube and social media were much less imagine this film would end up on everyone's computer and phone around the world someday.  Luckily he's a little exhibitionist and he probably doesn't care. There's nothing we haven't seen at this point. 

My favorite part is when he's drawing the face on his chest. Reminds me of St. Jimmy.

31 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Its from the Trenton New Jersey show in 1994, I was watching that a few days ago and was reading the reviews for the show after to see what really went on, and then I found this which cleared things up:

Rich O'Brien: "This show was videotaped and eventually wound up on YouTube. Whenever I see it I crack up, because I was working the stage and look like a giant next to Billie Joe Armstrong. I saw a fight break out by the door. I jumped down, and it was two guys with no shirts on, all sweaty. It was like trying to wrestle two greased pigs out the door. The one kid was bald, so the only thing I could grab to throw him out was his ears. I felt people being jostled around, so I looked back, and Billie Joe was standing next to me, trying to intervene to keep the guys from being thrown out. I grabbed him and gently directed him back to the stage." - (Green Day Authority)

The incident is at 33:43 in this youtube video

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That's it! Thank you.

No problem, I had a feeling you were thinking of that one!

Oh jeez this video of drunk Billie/Rev brings back a lot of bad memories. 2012 was a really, really bad year for me personally and I thought, now I can't even rely on my favourite band anymore, everyting's all falling apart. :cry: I was at a GD show in Konstanz, Germany in early Septemer 2012 and things already felt very wrong there. They played a lot shorter than usual and skipped some songs, and there was something ... aggressive about Billies behaviour I had never felt before at a GD show. I mean, of course I had no idea how bad it was and what would happen in the next few months, and the show felt still great while I was there. But it left a slightly bad taste in my mouth afterwards. Then some days later we heard that Billie got into hospital in Italy and all the other dates were cancelled. And later that month iHeart happened, the rest is history...

Every time I see him laughing and smiling on stage now I could just cry out of happiness and pride. Those guys are truly something special and I'm so happy to have them in my life, they're giving me so much joy:)

Look at this. (Edit: That girl is of course not me, sigh.)

media.media.4d037b16-bd3c-41d4-a805-d030

That brings up something I meant to ask -- we'll probably never know why he was really hospitalized (still waiting for that autobiography) but they were vague about it and withdrawal would look a lot like a stomach virus, etc. From the Rolling Stone interview Pat had laid down the law in England, wanted to cancel Reading and get him straight to rehab and he said no. Could he have been trying to get off his meds himself and ends up in the hospital Italy with dehydration? Not sure of the timeline but it's close. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

40 minutes ago, reneetaleena said:

Its from the Trenton New Jersey show in 1994, I was watching that a few days ago and was reading the reviews for the show after to see what really went on, and then I found this which cleared things up:

Rich O'Brien: "This show was videotaped and eventually wound up on YouTube. Whenever I see it I crack up, because I was working the stage and look like a giant next to Billie Joe Armstrong. I saw a fight break out by the door. I jumped down, and it was two guys with no shirts on, all sweaty. It was like trying to wrestle two greased pigs out the door. The one kid was bald, so the only thing I could grab to throw him out was his ears. I felt people being jostled around, so I looked back, and Billie Joe was standing next to me, trying to intervene to keep the guys from being thrown out. I grabbed him and gently directed him back to the stage." - (Green Day Authority)

The incident is at 33:43 in this youtube video

Thank you both!

48 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That brings up something I meant to ask -- we'll probably never know why he was really hospitalized (still waiting for that autobiography) but they were vague about it and withdrawal would look a lot like a stomach virus, etc. From the Rolling Stone interview Pat had laid down the law in England, wanted to cancel Reading and get him straight to rehab and he said no. Could he have been trying to get off his meds himself and ends up in the hospital Italy with dehydration? Not sure of the timeline but it's close. 

It's not something we can really work out. Probably best not to speculate about it.

34 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Being a nurse I realize what a dangerous spot Billie was in at this point. Since his issues were with anxiety meds and alcohol, I assume he was on Xanax. That is an extremely addictive and insidious drug, and when combined with alcohol the effects are extreme and often deadly. He's very lucky to be alive. With the combo of Xanax and alcohol, users experience complete lack of inhibition and severe retrograde amnesia. Billie's behavior at this time was textbook. I'm sure the people around him were very scared for him. 

Also the withdrawal from xanax is awful.

Hey can we not speculate about Billie's health and personal issues please. I know no one means any harm but let's not go down that road.

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yeah pretty sure it was an epic stage dive. Alcohol probably gave him the courage for it :P, but it's not the first or last time he's been a daredevil on stage

It was so cool though - the whole show was awesome in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That Irving Plaza stagedive freaked me out. From his angle it looked really high I don't know how he didn't crush the people below.

he weighed like 20kg, he's not physically capable of crushing anyone :lol:

22 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

It was so cool though - the whole show was awesome in my opinion. 

he weighed like 20kg, he's not physically capable of crushing anyone :lol:

I agree. Of course it's sad to know he was dealing with addiction problems at the time but he still played a great show. No doubt he was dealing with personal issues during many other shows throughout GD's career but I'm still entertained by his performances.

11 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I agree. Of course it's sad to know he was dealing with addiction problems at the time but he still played a great show. No doubt he was dealing with personal issues during many other shows throughout GD's career but I'm still entertained by his performances.

Exactly. I can't scowl at any performance unless it's actually bad :P

A lot of footage from that time gives an impression that he wasn't in a good place but I take everything for what it's worth. (Or try to. I mean, there's no need to spoil the fun with pondering about things that don't concern us in fact :mellow: I guess)

33 minutes ago, neverdone2000 said:

Being a nurse I realize what a dangerous spot Billie was in at this point. Since his issues were with anxiety meds and alcohol, I assume he was on Xanax. That is an extremely addictive and insidious drug, and when combined with alcohol the effects are extreme and often deadly. He's very lucky to be alive. With the combo of Xanax and alcohol, users experience complete lack of inhibition and severe retrograde amnesia. Billie's behavior at this time was textbook. I'm sure the people around him were very scared for him. 

Also the withdrawal from xanax is awful.

Thanks. We don't have to go on about it but the information is helpful to me to understand the situation, so I appreciate it.

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived