The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

14 hours ago, Maria Gloria said:

Thanks :thumbsup: He is definitely not 6ft. He must be at least 5'8" though. Unless I shrank drastically which is probably possible considering how terrified I was :lol: 

And he is definitely tiny weight wise. Anyone who calls him fat is a nobhead.

He's claimed to be 5'8" before. I still think he'd need his thick soled shoes on for that :P but yeah he's not that short, it's more that he's petite and has short legs in comparison to the rest of his body giving the illusion that he's shorter. I think they all look quite small (not necessarily short but just petite/small in general) when you see them, they're like a mini sized band :lol: 

Also it's really so awesome you got to hug/smell him :lol:, good to know he smells nice! I've only smelled him drenched in beer so his real scent was a mystery.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Teenage Lush said:

i saw you in line a lot that day and of course knew who you were but i'm shy and awkward so i never said anything to you but i was super happy for you when you got pulled onstage! i could see your hair from where i was on the other side when he was pointing at someone and i knew it would be you! 

i don't know about his height though, i'm only 5'2ish and he was taller than me but not by a whole lot. this is weird but i remember when i talked to him i was looking directly into his eyes without having to look up at all which is rare because i'm short af :P i think maybe he gives the impression of being shorter than he is though because he has such a small build. i do remember being struck by how tiny he was when i put my arm around him. i'm just rambling now but i've spent the past few weeks going over all this in my head constantly and i have nowhere to talk about it but here :lol: 

I thought it was you! But I'm also shy and awkward so I didn't ask either. Hopefully there'll be a next time. Aww :D ❤️ I'm glad you got to meet him too!!

He did seem smaller than me when I ran up to him but then he seemed taller and he definitely is on the videos so idk. I'm sure his build does make him look smaller than he is though. I was struck by the exact same thing when I hugged him. I'm also rambling but I'm just glad to talk about it with people who don't think I'm some kind of weirdo :lol: 

14 hours ago, amberwhite said:

That is hilarious! 

And thanks for the answer.  Ii'd like to  find out for myself someday.:happy:

I hope you do! :D

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

He's claimed to be 5'8" before. I still think he'd need his thick soled shoes on for that :P but yeah he's not that short, it's more that he's petite and has short legs in comparison to the rest of his body giving the illusion that he's shorter. I think they all look quite small (not necessarily short but just petite/small in general) when you see them, they're like a mini sized band :lol: 

Also it's really so awesome you got to hug/smell him :lol:, good to know he smells nice! I've only smelled him drenched in beer so his real scent was a mystery.

They really do look like a mini band! I remember the first time I was on the front row Mike seemed so tiny even though in photos he doesn't look it.

I'm glad you got to smell him drenched in beer though because that show must have been fabulous :D 

13 hours ago, Teenage Lush said:

i saw you in line a lot that day and of course knew who you were but i'm shy and awkward so i never said anything to you but i was super happy for you when you got pulled onstage! i could see your hair from where i was on the other side when he was pointing at someone and i knew it would be you! 

i don't know about his height though, i'm only 5'2ish and he was taller than me but not by a whole lot. this is weird but i remember when i talked to him i was looking directly into his eyes without having to look up at all which is rare because i'm short af :P i think maybe he gives the impression of being shorter than he is though because he has such a small build. i do remember being struck by how tiny he was when i put my arm around him. i'm just rambling now but i've spent the past few weeks going over all this in my head constantly and i have nowhere to talk about it but here :lol: 

You've probably shared this before, but I'm relatively new to GDC. How did you meet him?

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Also look at this outfit!!! 

Not gonna lie, that is the kind of outfit that my grandad would wear. :lol:

Also, is that the same tie he wore to the 2005 VMAs?

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Ha, and this is why we are all here, somewhere to ask these questions secure in the knowledge that no-one will judge as because we all want to know how Billie smells.  Can you imagine how freaky it would be to read that about yourself though?  I hope he knows we mean it nicely lol and are beyond help lol!

1 hour ago, WhatsHerNameGeorgia said:

You've probably shared this before, but I'm relatively new to GDC. How did you meet him?

I agree, feel free to share all the details again.

Having seen Maria Gloria's collage, I'm inspired to to a collage. Admittedly, I'm awful at art (I once drew a picture of Billie with one eye twice the size of the other :lol:), but I'm sure I can manage to stick my ticket and newspaper cuttings to a sheet covered in song titles or quotes from the gig.

On a completely different note, when I did a music quiz for mum and dad the other day, I did a picture quiz of musicians. This is the picture I used for GD- I didn't know that Billie had his hair this short until I found this picture. Thank god he hasn't had his hair this short since. 

Spoiler

greenday-sgtpepperonis-kalamazoo_mi-1991

13 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

Having seen Maria Gloria's collage, I'

On a completely different note, when I did a music quiz for mum and dad the other day, I did a picture quiz of musicians. This is the picture I used for GD- I didn't know that Billie had his hair this short until I found this picture. Thank god he hasn't had his hair this short since. 

Hide contents

Oh my god he's bald! Cursed image!

Maybe he shaved it after he got body lice that time...

22 minutes ago, Schlappy said:

Oh my god he's bald! Cursed image!

I'm finding it difficult to un-see that picture. Any hairstyle is better on him than that. He looks like an egg..

^^ @Schlappy your reaction cracked me up :lol:

Spoiler

*imagines old Billie going bald*

3 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I miss nose ring Billie. :(

For real. I think it's part of the charm with the early days in particular though.

That first pic is one of my absolute favourites too - isn't that the kindest face you've ever seen? :wub: (literally jumped at the second one when it loaded and started moving haha)

1 hour ago, Whatsername_123 said:

Having seen Maria Gloria's collage, I'm inspired to to a collage. Admittedly, I'm awful at art (I once drew a picture of Billie with one eye twice the size of the other :lol:), but I'm sure I can manage to stick my ticket and newspaper cuttings to a sheet covered in song titles or quotes from the gig.

Reveal hidden contents

Oh my God, Billie! Why would you shave off those beautiful locks? :mad: :cry:

52 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

He looks like an egg..

My thoughts exactly. :lol:

1 hour ago, Whatsername_123 said:

Reveal hidden contents

You should! I used blu-tack in case I wanted to move things around so you could too if you're worried about it not turning out well. I'm tempted to make more of them myself :ninja: 

If you ever feel bad about your art, just know that I may be an art student now, but I once made these and thought they were good

tumblr_inline_ohvrsa6Bs01qh775n_500.png

tumblr_inline_ohvrt0bemT1qh775n_500.png

tumblr_inline_ohvrt9Z1Mv1qh775n_500.png

tumblr_inline_ohvrvl14ve1qh775n_500.png

tumblr_inline_ohvs604dHM1qh775n_500.jpg

I actually laugh every time I see that P!ATD monstrosity and I don't remember who Scott Gibbons is

I didn't know Billie was ever that bald. But there was this...

Macys-Day-Parade-%E2%80%94-Green-Day.jpg

52 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

That first pic is one of my absolute favourites too - isn't that the kindest face you've ever seen? :wub: 

I agree, the first pic is beautiful and I must say it's one of my faves too. Now that you mention it, he does look really kind. I just can't get over his eyes in that pic - they're gorgeous. :wub:

4 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

There was this...

Reveal hidden contents

Fuzzy Billie looks way better than entirely bald Billie. :happy:

33 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:
  Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_inline_ohvrsa6Bs01qh775n_500.png

tumblr_inline_ohvrt0bemT1qh775n_500.png

tumblr_inline_ohvrt9Z1Mv1qh775n_500.png

tumblr_inline_ohvrvl14ve1qh775n_500.png

tumblr_inline_ohvs604dHM1qh775n_500.jpg

I actually laugh every time I see that P!ATD monstrosity and I don't remember who Scott Gibbons is

I didn't know Billie was ever that bald. But there was this...

Hide contents

THIS HURTS MY EYES! :D

Billie wearing that old fashion- grandpa sweater uply ties..and his shirt is half tuck in..fan photo..who let him go out like that?:runaround:

#noseringBillie: JUST NO!

6 hours ago, WhatsHerNameGeorgia said:

i just got lucky really! the band were staying at the same hotel i was for the show in champaign. i knew they were there from seeing the buses in the parking lot and my friend had called me saying she saw billie getting on the elevator. one of the times i went back to the hotel to go to my car my friend and i saw ieff matika come out so i said hi to him and thought i'd hang around for awhile before going back to the line. i remember feeling super creepy about it but i figured it was a once in a lifetime chance so why not? billie came out a few minutes later and i thought he would just walk by and say hi but he stopped to talk to someone else and i remember that's when it hit me i was actually about to meet him and i had my phone charger and wallet and a bunch of stuff in my hands so i panicked and threw everything on the ground :lol::lol: he came over to my friend and me then and i was so nervous i honestly don't really remember what all i said to him but he was so, so nice. i do remember asking if he would take a picture with me and we put our arms around each other and as it was happening i just kept thinking "this isn't real" :P i somehow managed to stay calm while he was there but after he left i cried on and off for like an hour because i'm a crazy person. 

59 minutes ago, Teenage Lush said:

i just got lucky really! the band were staying at the same hotel i was for the show in champaign. i knew they were there from seeing the buses in the parking lot and my friend had called me saying she saw billie getting on the elevator. one of the times i went back to the hotel to go to my car my friend and i saw ieff matika come out so i said hi to him and thought i'd hang around for awhile before going back to the line. i remember feeling super creepy about it but i figured it was a once in a lifetime chance so why not? billie came out a few minutes later and i thought he would just walk by and say hi but he stopped to talk to someone else and i remember that's when it hit me i was actually about to meet him and i had my phone charger and wallet and a bunch of stuff in my hands so i panicked and threw everything on the ground :lol::lol: he came over to my friend and me then and i was so nervous i honestly don't really remember what all i said to him but he was so, so nice. i do remember asking if he would take a picture with me and we put our arms around each other and as it was happening i just kept thinking "this isn't real" :P i somehow managed to stay calm while he was there but after he left i cried on and off for like an hour because i'm a crazy person. 

You will never get sick of repeating it:)

3 hours ago, Teenage Lush said:

You're awesome! This made me smile! I'm so happy for you!!!

hm8tT4q.jpg

Random but I just found this old screencap I took so I thought I'd share - I love the lines around his eyes so much, they make me so happy, and his little belly. :wub:

42 minutes ago, so-unholy said:

Random but I just found this old screencap I took so I thought I'd share - I love the lines around his eyes so much, they make me so happy, and his little belly. :wub:

He looks so cute in that interview. :wub: Also, the way he's sitting at 1:03 - I can't stop staring at his ass. :ermm: It just looks so nice. :lol:

21 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Oh my God, Billie! Why would you shave off those beautiful locks? :mad: :cry:

I was angry when I saw the picture :mad:. And the picture was from 1991.

If anyone 'wants' to see where I found the picture of Billie with a shaved head, it was in this article (along with other pictures). Some of the pictures are from 1990 and the rest from 1991.

http://greendaybrasil.com/fotos-raras-e-relato-de-shows-do-green-day-no-inicio/ 

8 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I was angry when I saw the picture :mad:. And the picture was from 1991.

If anyone 'wants' to see where I found the picture of Billie with a shaved head, it was in this article (along with other pictures). Some of the pictures are from 1990 and the rest from 1991.

http://greendaybrasil.com/fotos-raras-e-relato-de-shows-do-green-day-no-inicio/ 

God, he just looks so different with no hair. He doesn't look like our Billie at all. :ermm:

I've been following this thread for a while, but didn't comment. However, I think that's about to change haha. 

I just want to say, all three look really good for their age this tour, despite the fact that they have aged since 2013.

Mike and Billie in particular, are still very good looking in my opinion. Tré is too, but without wanting to be mean in any way, I'm honestly waiting for him to loose some weight. I think he looked a lot better during previous tours and was also a lot more energetic and when he's playing now he can look strained from time to time. I know this is largely because of his age, but I think the fact that he's overweight also contributes to him being more exhausted, but it's only a small nag I have. 

With Billie, I want to say that I think, on the whole, he looks a bit more tired and strained than during the club tour, although the last few tour dates (in Denver and Las Vegas) he looked top notch and somewhat reminiscent of the 21st century breakdown tour Billie. 

Then there's another tiny tiny detail: since 2010, Billie seems to have stopped using eye-liner in the same way he used to. I'm not sure if he's just using it in a different way, but I get the impression he's using much less of it and honestly, I prefer the way it looked back in 2009/2010 and 2004/2005, so I think he should put on more. 

With Mike I really have nothing to say, he still looks great and is full of energy, so yeah...

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived