The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

13 hours ago, jj0407 said:

aaaahhhhhhh I'm seeing them on my birthday!!!!:runaround::runaround::dance::dance:

sorry had to get that out of my system

That's great! It'll be fantastic!! :lol:

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as a teen I always thought I missed out on seeing Green Day live at their best because I never got to see them live on the American Idiot Tour or the 21st Century Breakdown Tour. But after seeing them so healthy and happy this fall, for the first time, I truly don't feel like I missed out on anything Green Day-related by not seeing them live until 2013.

Dare I say... Billie Joe looks more attractive now than he did during the American Idiot days when I first became a fan? Never thought I'd ever say that! Is it fangirl blasphemy? :o

7 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

So as a teen I always thought I missed out on seeing Green Day live at their best because I never got to see them live on the American Idiot Tour or the 21st Century Breakdown Tour. But after seeing them so healthy and happy this fall, for the first time, I truly don't feel like I missed out on anything Green Day-related by not seeing them live until 2013.

Dare I say... Billie Joe looks more attractive now than he did during the American Idiot days when I first became a fan? Never thought I'd ever say that! Is it fangirl blasphemy? :o

I'm convinced they are at their best now and even though I would have loved to see them on the 21CB and Trilogy tours  - it's quite comforting to know or rather believe (I'll have nothing to compare to):P that I'll see them in their top form. 

Yes, absolutely. I've been saying it since 2013! :DIt's no blasphemy, it's truth. He had a bit too much of a baby face in 2004 anyway. He's only getting better with time. 

I've been thinking about this a lot lately - Billie Joe has the cutest nose. 

I think Billie totally looks more attractive now than in the American Idiot days. And Mike as well <3 (I would've loved to see them on that tour though.) 

:ninja: The show I went to during the American Idiot tour remains the greatest show I have ever been to, and I don't really see that being eclipsed by anything. But I haven't seen them since 2009, so maybe. It's just very difficult to imagine because the political environment in Australia at the time gave Billie so much to work with in terms of interacting with us and truly connecting with his audience on a deeper level, if that makes sense? I don't think it can be outdone. We shall see!

1 hour ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

I've been thinking about this a lot lately - Billie Joe has the cutest nose. 

I concur. 

1 hour ago, Wretched & Divine said:

:ninja: The show I went to during the American Idiot tour remains the greatest show I have ever been to, and I don't really see that being eclipsed by anything. But I haven't seen them since 2009, so maybe. It's just very difficult to imagine because the political environment in Australia at the time gave Billie so much to work with in terms of interacting with us and truly connecting with his audience on a deeper level, if that makes sense? I don't think it can be outdone. We shall see!

He has a good chance to relive this conection these days. I mean, there's definitely a lot more to build up on than there was in 2009. 

13 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

He has a good chance to relive this conection these days. I mean, there's definitely a lot more to build up on than there was in 2009. 

Actually, Australia is usually about 5 years behind in terms of global political trends so not really :lol: The very same week I saw them for American Idiot, there were racially-fueled riots breaking out across my city and it was a very unstable period for us. It was impossible to not know about it if you were in the country, which they obviously were at the time, so Billie had a lot of information at hand and used it as a way of connecting with us. I don't think I can really make you understand. It wasn't just a "fascism is bullshit" kind of rant that he could have made in any city (as they would be able to do now), it was very specific to the pain my city was going through at the time.

It was in 2005 though, not 2009 (which was the second time I saw them) :happy:

I saw them live in 2009 and 2010 and am seeing them twice next year (pause to squeal) and can't wait.  I'm not sure that anything will ever quite compare with the first time you see them live though.  Last time we saw them we met a father and son in a pub afterwards, sons first gig, dad had been to loads and they were almost in shock, dad kept saying "I heard they were good, but that was incredible" it was quite funny.

Agree Billie has cute nose, ever noticed how it's quite different depending on which side you look at it from?  He is ageing very, very well.  Think he's been gorgeous for a great deal of his life.  Whatsername_123 pic of Billie is beautiful as is Jane's.  

2 hours ago, jengd said:

I saw them live in 2009 and 2010 and am seeing them twice next year (pause to squeal) and can't wait.  I'm not sure that anything will ever quite compare with the first time you see them live though.  Last time we saw them we met a father and son in a pub afterwards, sons first gig, dad had been to loads and they were almost in shock, dad kept saying "I heard they were good, but that was incredible" it was quite funny.

Agree Billie has cute nose, ever noticed how it's quite different depending on which side you look at it from?  He is ageing very, very well.  Think he's been gorgeous for a great deal of his life.  Whatsername_123 pic of Billie is beautiful as is Jane's.  

Stories like this make me super curious. I've been to some incredible shows and I hope Green Day will live up to their reputation. I'm so excited :dance:

I think his nose is really perfect, I meanI can't name many people whose noses I find specifically attractive, but his is very nice. I'm not sure about the different angles thing, maybe? I think it is quite symmetrical, his whole face is. 

And I agree he's always been beautiful.

I agree that the first time you see them is crazy, it really changed my world (it was my first show ever, so it was pretty mind-blowing). But, the third time I saw them was so special and they put on such a performance that I don't think they can ever top that night. It's Green Day we're talking about though, so they probably can :P

18 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Stories like this make me super curious. I've been to some incredible shows and I hope Green Day will live up to their reputation. I'm so excited :dance:

You must have like the highest expectations ever, I hope you won't end up disappointed in some way after the show :lol: But hardly, it's Green Day after all... And one thing that will for sure surpass your expectations is Billie's beauty, so :happyhands:

I always thought Billie was good looking, and it surprised me to realize he is indeed aging sooo well. Usually I prefer the boyish charm, but let's face it, he looks amazing right now. Mike looks sooooo much better than his younger days. I think it's the sideburns 🙃 I prefer goofy, boyish Tre as opposed to fake plastic-looking Tre these days 🙈

3 minutes ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

I have never seen anyone who has aged better than Billie Joe. Ever. 

Seriously????  Billie is aging great, but there are plenty of people who are aging just as good if not better.  Have you seen Jessica Lange lately?  How about this guy

Spoiler

58580630.jpg

Spoiler

FYI, he is 70 years old 

5 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Seriously????  Billie is aging great, but there are plenty of people who are aging just as good if not better.  Have you seen Jessica Lange lately?  How about this guy

Hide contents

FYI, he is 70 years old 

Wow, I would have never guessed that he would be 70!

I have to say, the styling for the guys this year has been fabulous. The hair, the clothes, absolutely everything has been pretty much perfect! :lol:

6 minutes ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

I have to say, the styling for the guys this year has been fabulous. The hair, the clothes, absolutely everything has been pretty much perfect! :lol:

Agreed they all look awesome, even tre

Just now, Scattered Wreck said:

Agreed they all look awesome, even tre

Tré has been rocking that plaid jacket like a god :D

1 hour ago, Marki. said:

You must have like the highest expectations ever, I hope you won't end up disappointed in some way after the show :lol: But hardly, it's Green Day after all... And one thing that will for sure surpass your expectations is Billie's beauty, so :happyhands:

I don't think my expectations are anyhoe (what a typo) over the top. Actually, I don't have any concrete expectations - I'd be happy with a standard show. There are two types of shows - either I can't sleep afterwards or I can. I guess I'll be a tad disappointed if I won't be freaking out till about 5am :P But honestly, I could have an unforgettable night just staring at them as they'd be doing nothing. And I hope I'll get a good view of Billie's beauty from my seat. :wub:

1 hour ago, Scattered Wreck said:

Reveal hidden contents

58580630.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

FYI, he is 70 years old 

Wow, I was guessing he wasn't older than mid-forties.

57 minutes ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

This, both. I think the styling is what makes me think they look so good. This is the first time I really like it. 

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

I don't think my expectations are anyhoe (what a typo) over the top. Actually, I don't have any concrete expectations - I'd be happy with a standard show. There are two types of shows - either I can't sleep afterwards or I can. I guess I'll be a tad disappointed if I won't be freaking out till about 5am :P But honestly, I could have an unforgettable night just staring at them as they'd be doing nothing. And I hope I'll get a good view of Billie's beauty from my seat. :wub:

Oh okay, that's good. Same for me, they could just be standing there really :lol: And I hope so as well :wub: 

6 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I love Billies nose, but I like his beautiful green eyes more

don't forget his teeth:wub:

I'll post more of my thoughts on this thread but I'm going to watch a HOCKEY GAME on T.V.  cuz, I'm a man and I like that shit. 

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Nightmarish stuff 

I have seen far, far worse teeth than his. At least he looks like he keeps them clean now, I don't mind the crookedness or broken teeth as long as they don't look unbrushed.

6 hours ago, letsdanceon said:

I always thought Billie was good looking, and it surprised me to realize he is indeed aging sooo well. Usually I prefer the boyish charm, but let's face it, he looks amazing right now. Mike looks sooooo much better than his younger days. I think it's the sideburns 🙃 I prefer goofy, boyish Tre as opposed to fake plastic-looking Tre these days 🙈

I think Mike looks the oldest of the three, but in a distinguished, handsome way. Billie is perfection, as always. Tre often looks like a shiny wax figure, though. I can't tell if it's Botox or too much makeup or both. 

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived