The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

Michelangelo's Jesus in Pieta is just stunning.

yes i'm fangirling about a limestone statue of a dead man

Anything Michelangelo did is stunning. Seeing the Sistine Chapel is one of the highlights of my life.

Jesus is generally portrayed as a hottie. I've met this hottie Jesus

download.jpg

Back to fangirling, one of my favorite tattoos of Billies is his Jesus Christ Superstar tattoo. Actually, I pretty much like all of them, except for that god awful car above his heart.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just occured to me that i've never seen the interview! (Besides the bong bit i saw years ago if it's from it..)

The bong bit is so funny! :D

Just occured to me that i've never seen the interview! (Besides the bong bit i saw years ago if it's from it..)

Please do, it's hilarious :lol: (and yes the bong part is from this interview :) )

In the interview with Bill Maher Billie was asked if he was brought up religiously to which he responded "I was raised with the fear of god", if anyone remembers that :)

(In an interview with Kerrang he said that he wasn't christian but not an atheist either, that he would describe himself as an agnostic... but that doesn't have to mean anything, he still might have been catholic when he was a child :D)

That is interesting, because it is exactly the way I was raised. Which is probably why, by the time I was old enough that my parents let me go to church by myself, I went to Dunkin Donuts instead.

That is interesting, because it is exactly the way I was raised. Which is probably why, by the time I was old enough that my parents let me go to church by myself, I went to Dunkin Donuts instead.

Same :) My brother and I once went alone and stood in front of the church doors for long enough to be seen by our neighbours and then went for a walk and listened to music and went to the bakery :lol:

I realise from time to time that Billie and I have more in common than I originally thought :D Both of us have problems with christianity and religion in general, both of us are bi, both of us are agnostic... :D it's awesome

Edit: Also both of us are Aquariuses :P

Anything Michelangelo did is stunning. Seeing the Sistine Chapel is one of the highlights of my life.

Jesus is generally portrayed as a hottie. I've met this hottie Jesus

Back to fangirling, one of my favorite tattoos of Billies is his Jesus Christ Superstar tattoo. Actually, I pretty much like all of them, except for that god awful car above his heart.

Michelangelo and I have similar taste in men...

I like that tatoo as well, don't mind the car one though. Sometimes I think there's too much ink on his right arm. Almost no bare skin anymore :/ not sure if i like it...also I used to hate chest script tatoos. Got used to it by now.

The bong bit is so funny! :D

his facial expressions especially.

Same :) My brother and I once went alone and stood in front of the church doors for long enough to be seen by our neighbours and then went for a walk and listened to music and went to the bakery :lol:

I realise from time to time that Billie and I have more in common than I originally thought :D Both of us have problems with christianity and religion in general, both of us are bi, both of us are agnostic... :D it's awesome

Edit: Also both of us are Aquariuses :P

Ha, I've always said that I am Billie with tits.

We are about the same age, we are about the same size, we were raised almost exactly the same. I come from a large family, where I am the youngest by alot. It is a very strange way to grow up, it is like having multiple parents. Billie, and his siblings, will often say things that I've lived as well.

Sometimes Billie will do something stupid and dorky and I will think, damn, I've done that too.

I've often thought that it is a good thing we are not friends because we would get into too much trouble.

I'm not an aquarius though, gemini, who supposedly get along.

Sometimes I think there's too much ink on his right arm. Almost no bare skin anymore

I'm glad you said it first, but I agree

Haha! And I remember having read adventure books while attending church, because you had to furnish proof of having attended a certain number of mass for confirmation. The priest would only confirm me when I swore I´d go to church even after my confirmation. I hardly ever did, but if he hadn´t allowed me for confirmation this would have caused a family desaster... :rolleyes:

Aaaand... BJ is sooo sweet in this interview...

Haha! And I remember having read adventure books while attending church, because you had to furnish proof of having attended a certain number of mass for confirmation. The priest would only confirm me when I swore I´d go to church even after my confirmation. I hardly ever did, but if he hadn´t allowed me for confirmation this would have caused a family desaster... :rolleyes:

Aaaand... BJ is sooo sweet in this interview...

My parents wanted to force me to go to confirmation (literally, my father said he would kick me out if I don't do what he wants) just like they forced me to go to church every sunday but eventually I became so insufferable that they said "fuck it" and now they don't even make me go to church except on Christmas, good friday and easter. I wonder what the priest would have said if I told him that I don't want to get "confirmed" but my parents forced me to :D

Yes, he is but he's just hilarious mostly :D I almost fell from my chair when he laughed and said "why are we talking about weed like the entire time" :lol:

Ha, I've always said that I am Billie with tits.

We are about the same age, we are about the same size, we were raised almost exactly the same. I come from a large family, where I am the youngest by alot. It is a very strange way to grow up, it is like having multiple parents. Billie, and his siblings, will often say things that I've lived as well.

Sometimes Billie will do something stupid and dorky and I will think, damn, I've done that too.

I've often thought that it is a good thing we are not friends because we would get into too much trouble.

I'm not an aquarius though, gemini, who supposedly get along.

Be careful you might knock Alissa off the geedee award for greatest fangirl or most likely to bonk billie :ga:

Be careful you might knock Alissa off the geedee award for greatest fangirl or most likely to bonk billie :ga:

ssssshhhhhh that's the plan

BJ turns water into wine?

Yeah, Jesus did that

It's ok as long as no one tries to steal my status as Mike's biggest fanboy ever.

Yeah, Jesus did that

It's ok as long as no one tries to steal my status as Mike's biggest fanboy ever.

He certainly looked good hof.

He certainly looked good hof.

Great, go to that side, one less for me to have to worry about. I see biggest Billie fan in my future.

Great, go to that side, one less for me to have to worry about. I see biggest Billie fan in my future.

I think it had a lot to do with the suit. Mike is not on my list

I think it had a lot to do with the suit. Mike is not on my list

Too bad, you lose. :lol:

This is Billie's most recent comment on religion/spirituality (from a 2012 Kerrang, I think):

What do you hope happens when you die?

"I dunno. I believe in some sort of spirituality, but I don't know if I'm gonna end up with a hundred virgins somewhere or something! I guess I'd be happy if I just got to see a few old friends on the way."

So yeah he's definitely not an athiest.

This is Billie's most recent comment on religion/spirituality (from a 2012 Kerrang, I think):

So yeah he's definitely not an athiest.

i remember reading something after rehab about religion or something - I don't know what I'm fucking talking about to be honest. Was it in the RS interview.

i remember reading something after rehab about religion or something - I don't know what I'm fucking talking about to be honest. Was it in the RS interview.

Ohh possibly! Yeah I think you're right actually, he mentioned praying or something and the media took it way out of context like "BILLIE JOE TURNS TO GOD!!!". :lol: I did read that ages ago but I don't really remember it otherwise.

He said something about "meditation through prayer". It wasn't put into any context, though.

His approach to religion is really interesting from the artistic point of view. The way it reflects in his art. He's often considered anti-religion and is often critical, yet he's probably religious. He uses Christian symbolism, but it's not a holy cow for him. I mean his idea of Reverend is almost sarcastic in this sense.

"Most likely?" Man, I wish that was the case. :lol: Sadly, I'm just most like to WANT to bonk Billie. There's a difference, you see. :P

Billie's said he has a "fetish for Christianity" and likes religious items/imagery etc. And the only time I've seen religious/Christian items in his house it was on display next to plastic skulls and Barbies :lol:, so I wouldn't read much into that. As far as his religious beliefs goes he was brought up in a Catholic family, but has only ever said he's agnostic/given ambiguous answers in interviews, so according to him he's agnostic.

Yeah, there's no question he's had religious influence in his early life — you can just tell based on the vivid religious imagery in his lyrics and his perceived overall attitude toward it. Many people, myself included, who have had religion ingrained in their brain as a child eventually end up rebelling from it, mostly just based on the idea of "question everything." I think those two words may be my favorite Billie Joe quote of all time. They're very applicable to my life.

I guess I wasn't certain what his "official" viewpoints were these days, not that they necessarily matter, because labeling is pointless, especially when it comes to religious beliefs. For some reason, I think just based on the influence media coverage has had on me, it caught me off guard when he said "God bless your family" during his speech, but now that I look at it with the knowledge of this conversation, it makes a little more sense. If anything, it was probably just a kind gesture out of habit.

Please do, it's hilarious :lol: (and yes the bong part is from this interview :) )

That is, by far, my favorite interview he's ever done. It's funny, I don't really like 21st Century Breakdown, but all the promotional stuff from that era — interviews, music videos, performances, etc. — is typically my favorite. He looks great, seems so fucking happy, and is downright hilarious. They really were on top of the world at that time.

"Most likely?" Man, I wish that was the case. :lol: Sadly, I'm just most like to WANT to bonk Billie. There's a difference, you see. :P

Absolutely not. Fight me. :ga:

Absolutely not. Fight me. :ga:

I fought an angry mob of douchebros to maintain my spot in the pit, and shoved my way to the front of a barricade to meet Billie Joe — you don't scare me! :ga:

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived