The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

All of that, so much. I found myself feeling very "eh" about the band after his rehab, and it's been so hard to determine why. To all intents and purposes they seemed to be better than ever, at least they all looked happy and stuff, but I couldn't help feeling they were hanging on by a thread or something. It made it hard to be a fan, for sure, and it's nice to know someone else felt that way too :P

But yeah, all this news coming out and the level of health it seems that Billie has achieved has really made me feel so much better about them.... I mean, I actually fangirled over something in connection with them yesterday, which hasn't happened in a really long time. It's good to have those feelings back!

Glad to hear that someone else felt the same way! :) Yeah - there were just a lot of things that I didn't feel so great about (and probably never will feel great about) once they came back from the rehab hiatus. They just came back SO quickly, which I think was difficult for me to wrap my head around. I appreciate their professionalism and dedication to their fans so much, but at the time, it kind of bothered me that they jumped right back into the swing of things. And in the Rolling Stone interview with Billie, I remember him saying that the band still needed to talk about how to keep him sober on the road, well AFTER they had released new tour dates. It was stuff like that which made me think "Um, shouldn't you be placing more importance on this?!?" Obviously we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors, and I sure everything was fine. However, their approach to the whole ordeal was sort of "It was a thing that happened, let's move on." And logically I understand why they'd want that - I'm GLAD they didn't suddenly start having interviews about it with US Weekly all the time or something, lol. But at the time, it felt like they were brushing off something really important as no big deal. And that bothered me. In hindsight I "get it," but at the time it just really wasn't working for me.

That was a long rant, sorry. :P But yeah - I didn't initially buy that things were all better, necessarily. Now, things finally feel as though they're getting back to normal. I'm so excited for Billie's new project.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very grateful to Mike, as for a good long while, he appeared to me to be the guy that was helping us get through these tough times by letting us have a peek into his life, along with some giggles and love along the way. I always love how he interacts with the crowd at concerts and seems to be the one trying to actually make eye contact with the fans and give a crazy smile or face that seems directed right back at us. I never really fangirled over him, as he always seemed to be eclipsed by crazy Tre or outspoken Billie, but I really love him and respect him just for being the awesome person that he is.

(Dirty) confession:
I didn't shower for 3 days because I was busy making art for Billie on instagram :ninja:

:lol:

(I have by now XD haha)

I have major fangirl feels for Mike. Not in an "Ooh he's so hot" kind of way, but my god, I have so much respect for him now. He really kept everything together while Billie was in rehab - he was an awesome representative for the band and was so wonderful at keeping fans in the loop. Of course I hated the circumstances, but I loved being able to get to know him a little bit better during that time. He's always the quieter, more reserved one of the band. It was nice to really hear more about him for a change. He seems like the coolest of dudes.

I have major fangirl feels for Mike. Not in an "Ooh he's so hot" kind of way, but my god, I have so much respect for him now. He really kept everything together while Billie was in rehab - he was an awesome representative for the band and was so wonderful at keeping fans in the loop. Of course I hated the circumstances, but I loved being able to get to know him a little bit better during that time. He's always the quieter, more reserved one of the band. It was nice to really hear more about him for a change. He seems like the coolest of dudes.

Mike is pretty great! It's funny that he's the more quiet and reserved one now, because if you watch early interviews and performances, he was always the more silly, outgoing, hyper one!

Which magazines did you buy? ;)

I've bought two Kerrang! and one RockSound. By the way, I noticed, on the RockSound's poster, Billie Joe's guitare has a long crack. It's the guitare he smashed in Las Vegas.

I've bought two Kerrang! and one RockSound. By the way, I noticed, on the RockSound's poster, Billie Joe's guitare has a long crack. It's the guitare he smashed in Las Vegas.

they sell kerrang in montreal? cause i am in suburb and i can't find any

(Dirty) confession:

I didn't shower for 3 days because I was busy making art for Billie on instagram :ninja:

(I have by now XD haha)

That's just gross.

I am very grateful to Mike, as for a good long while, he appeared to me to be the guy that was helping us get through these tough times by letting us have a peek into his life, along with some giggles and love along the way. I always love how he interacts with the crowd at concerts and seems to be the one trying to actually make eye contact with the fans and give a crazy smile or face that seems directed right back at us. I never really fangirled over him, as he always seemed to be eclipsed by crazy Tre or outspoken Billie, but I really love him and respect him just for being the awesome person that he is.

I've always loved Mike but on this Tour the 'connection' he built to us was even more special. The hardest I've ever fangirled about Mike was at the Reading Festival. He always pulls funny faces, sticks his tongue out and stuff but at Reading he didn't do it at first. I didn't even think about it but I sticked my tongue out at him (totally random because I was having so much fun, haha) during Know Your Enemy or Stay The Night and he actually saw me, laughed and sticked it back out at me. It was just so nice to know he recognized me and it was fun! Awwhh Mike. :happy:

I really want to see them on the barrier in front of Mike one day, it must the absolute best! :wub:

IT IS, oh my, it really is. :wub: (Reading <3)

At the show in Munich (2010) I wasn't on barrier but on Mike's side when they still had the catwalk thingys on the sides of the stage and he came over many many times. He had so much fun watching us going crazy to songs like NGFL. :lol:

I love Jason, I really do, being on his side is absolutely great (and also a lot more gentle crowd-wise xD) BUT being on Mike's side again after more than three years (+barrier) was SO AMAZING.

I was on barrier on Jason's side once, and apparently that night the crowd was really rough because it was the most painful barrier experience of my life! Constant pushing, unable to breath, my ribs were bruised and sore for a week, etc.... so I can only imagine how horrendous it was on Mike's side that night :P

Holy hell, what show was it? That must've been horrible, I mean… I thought Reading would be tough but it was more like easy-going!

Luckily I haven't yet experienced anything like being choked by another fan. I can fangirl quiet hard as well, but I honestly don't get how some people can be so obsessed about a certain band member that they choke the person in front of them just to be able to get closer to their idol. I mean, really?

That's the thing with barrier. I hate being crushed against it, I just can't have fun like that. That's why at the show this year I didn't even try to get to the barrier and that way I enjoyed it much more than my first concert where I was on the barrier in front of the cat-walk for the first couple of songs. I obviously had no idea about how crazy it would be there. Still I keep the image of Billie, right there about a meter away from me, very clearly in my mind. I could see his laugher lines! :wub: :wub:

I really want to see them on the barrier in front of Mike one day, it must the absolute best! :wub:

i was on the barrier right in front of mike!! he looked at me a lot during the show and he smiled to and did wink at us! :wub: he's such a sweetie.

oh and i got a guitar pic from him! :runaround:

I'm so tiny, I wouldn't see anything in the 2nd row :lol: so... the barrier is the only place for me at a concert :unsure:
I was at the barrier in front of Mike in Trieste, Italy this year :wub: and in front of Jason in Vienna. Mike was such a sweetheart! <3 he winked at us and made his crazy faces. :happy: I fangirled so hard when Billie noticed my "Holy Fuckballs!" sign in Trieste! :wub: aww he smiled at me. sjflgjfkgdfg

My ribs didn't get crushed in Trieste so much, I could even jump around and dance. But Vienna was THE WORST. ugh. Next time I'll bring my mom to the concert as my "bodyguard" :mad:

I'm not kidding

I'm pretty short, myself, so I was scared to be anything other than first row, but I was second row for one show and it was totally fine! You're looking up at the stage, so you can see really well and people weren't pushing too badly :)

I hope! :lol::) because I'm only 61 inches :o TINY.

haaaaave you met Bobo?

:P

No. I wish :P:sorry:

#slightlyofftopic

My fangirl confession: I'm making a gif about what would happen if Billie saw the GD Fangirls thread. :lol: (hope this counts as a confession)

I hope! :lol::) because I'm only 61 inches :o TINY.

What?

I MET YOU IN REAL LIFE, WE TALKED, BUT I DIDN'T NOTICE YOU WERE THAT SMALL. How is this even possible? :mellow:

Okay, back to the confessions. A few months ago I actually made a portrait of Adrienne (for school), I don't mean to sound creepy or anything but I've always loved her personality (or at least what we get to see of it) and just the way she is. My classmates made portraits of random models but I thought Adrienne had a much more beautiful face and so I decided to draw her. :happy:

What?

I MET YOU IN REAL LIFE, WE TALKED, BUT I DIDN'T NOTICE YOU WERE THAT SMALL. How is this even possible? :mellow:

BECAUSE YOU WERE SITTING ON THE FLOOR WHILE I WAS STANDING :lol::mad:

BECAUSE YOU WERE SITTING ON THE FLOOR WHILE I WAS STANDING :lol::mad:

Okay well, guess that's right. STILL. :P

Though it was really nice to meet you! :happy:

I'm pretty short, myself, so I was scared to be anything other than first row, but I was second row for one show and it was totally fine! You're looking up at the stage, so you can see really well and people weren't pushing too badly :)

That's why I am worried about soundwave - im a shorty - so I am gonna have to sit out the day waiting for them to come on last otherwise im not gonna see a thing.

I miss the catwalk set up :ermm:

:runaround:

Oooo that's going to be rough, just ask Ceri (Spinelli), she did that at Leeds (or was it Reading? Or both?) and had a really rough time of it.

Not much I can do about it - they don't come here often. :ermm: If they don't do anything until then mine is the first concert next year. YAY :runaround:

I did pit all day for reading and Leeds, two days in a row. it was fine the first day, I passed out the second day just before GD came on. fought my way back to barrier in time for them after being pulled out though. the advantages of being tall and intimidating..

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived