The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

This pic is adorable.:wub: He looks so tiny next to Snoop Dogg.:lol::wub::wub::wub:

MV5BMTk2NzU4MzQ0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjgy

Also, I wish Billie would wear white more often. It looks so good on him.:wub:

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid one day I'll end up like this 

a8ocdnl1l76t.png

One time I almost passed out on Forever Now, because I was singing (or screaming) so hard :lol: Being a fangirl is a dangerous hobby. 

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s like the SNL promo with Will Ferrell where he asked for a box! :lol:

I love how he always has to stand next to tall people. You never see him standing next to Danny DeVito or anyone like that, it's nearly always people that are over 6 feet tall.:lol:

2 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

One time I almost passed out on Forever Now, because I was singing (or screaming) so hard :lol: Being a fangirl is a dangerous hobby. 

Oh my God :lol:

I too screamed my lungs out and had no remaining voice for the hours following each time I've seen the boys live... I felt a bit desensitized, still keeping some will of survival though :P

7 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I love how he always has to stand next to tall people. You never see him standing next to Danny DeVito or anyone like that, it's nearly always people that are over 6 feet tall.:lol:

It's funny because I've recently seen on GDC, I'm not sure if it was on this thread or another one, a picture with Billie standing next to some smaller guy. I thought mentioning it because it was so unusual, but then I dropped it :P

17 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I've been waiting a long time for this moment to come I'm destined to share this 

This is still one of my favourite pictures of Billie during this era:

6751d8c6ca3b158bceaaa8518feaecf3.jpg

43 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

That will be me one day :lol:

36 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

Oh my God :lol:

I too screamed my lungs out and had no remaining voice for the hours following each time I've seen the boys live... I felt a bit desensitized, still keeping some will of survival though :P

It's funny because I've recently seen on GDC, I'm not sure if it was on this thread or another one, a picture with Billie standing next to some smaller guy. I thought mentioning it because it was so unusual, but then I dropped it :P

I remember posting a fan picture here not long ago, I wasn't sure what was so strange about it but when I saw it again the next day I realized the other guy was so short his head was by Billie's shoulder. The only explanation for this is that Billie must have been standing on some higher platform. :P

That's such a beautiful photo of Billie, that smile :wub: 

The One Direction fangirl story reminded me of this old video of the Rolling Stones that I watched a few days ago (off topic because it's not GD related, but it's about fangirling, I couldn't stop thinking about this thread when I saw it :P). The video is a gem in itself, but please look at the fangirls when they invite them on stage :lol: I feel like fangirling was just so pure back then 

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I've been waiting a long time for this moment to come I'm destined to share this 

Dadaistic humor :lol:

10 minutes ago, RedundantIdiot said:

This is still one of my favourite pictures of Billie during this era:

:wub: beautiful 

3 minutes ago, Marki. said:

The One Direction fangirl story reminded me of this old video of the Rolling Stones that I watched a few days ago (off topic because it's not GD related, but it's about fangirling, I couldn't stop thinking about this thread when I saw it :P). The video is a gem in itself, but please look at the fangirls when they invite them on stage :lol: I feel like fangirling was just so pure back then 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm sure I'd be one of these girls if I lived at that time. Or an Elvis fangirl, maybe even a Beatles fangirl. These times were the golden age of fangirling - currently it's not looked upon very fondly in rock fandoms but back then rock bands were what one direction is now :ga:

18 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I'm sure I'd be one of these girls if I lived at that time. Or an Elvis fangirl, maybe even a Beatles fangirl. These times were the golden age of fangirling - currently it's not looked upon very fondly in rock fandoms but back then rock bands were what one direction is now :ga:

I'd 100% be one of them :D If it was possible to travel in time, I'd totally go back to 1960s or 70s to see all the classic rock bands and fangirl :wub: 

I was a Beatles fangirl fifteen years too late, screaming with my friends at movies and cover bands at conventions in the eighties.  Good times. It was my introduction to fangirling.

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I was a Beatles fangirl fifteen years too late, screaming with my friends at movies and cover bands at conventions in the eighties.  Good times. It was my introduction to fangirling.

I have friends who are Beatles fangirls now. That fandom is still going strong. :lol:

I used to listen to bands like Steps and S Club 7 when I was younger :lol:, therefore, GD are the 1st band that I've fangirled over :wub:. As well as Billie I also like Brandon Flowers from The Killers, who I see for the 1st time next month. I can't quite believe how lucky I am to see my two favourite frontmen for the 1st time this year :o

I've never really fangirled over any bands the way I've fangirled over Green Day. I have found other bands/artists attractive in the past, but none of them have really enticed me like GD do. This band is just so unique and I love it.:wub::wub::wub:

Just now, RedundantIdiot said:

I used to listen to bands like Steps and S Club 7 when I was younger :lol:, therefore, GD are the 1st band that I've fangirled over :wub:. As well as Billie I also like Brandon Flowers from The Killers, who I see next month. I can't quite believe how lucky I am to see my two favourite frontmen for the 1st time this year

I saw The Killers on TV last night, they sounded awesome - I'll totally have to see them when they come here. And I agree, Brandon is worth fangirling about :wub:

2 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I've never really fangirled over any bands the way I've fangirled over Green Day. I have found other bands/artists attractive in the past, but none of them have really enticed me like GD do. This band is just so unique and I love it.:wub::wub::wub:

They are one of a kind :happy:

Yeah, no musician or actor has ever ascended into the "THEY'RE PART OF MY SOUL" level of dedicated fangirlness like Green Day. That's reserved just for them. :lol:

Yeah, me too.  I love Alkaline Trio and The King Blues (I think Inch is like a young Billlie Joe) but don't fan girl over them - probably as well as I seem to spend so much time here these days - but I love that Matt Skiba is a FD fan! 

2 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Yeah, and anytime someone is shorter than him, you find yourself thinking, "how short are they?".

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I was a Beatles fangirl in my teens in the mid-late 90s (George girl here).  Other "born too late" band/guy- Fleetwood Mac/Lindsey Buckingham, especially when he still had the beard and afro.

Other current fangirldom- Muse/Matt Bellamy.

I'm old enough to remember when Bono was super hot during Joshua Tree/Achtung Baby era. He was my first major crush, and it was bad. I have a thing I guess for guys with dark hair and blue or green eyes, who are also short and hobbit-like. 

I feel like this thread needs its daily dose of chubby Billie.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: Plus, Mike and Tre being absolute dorks.:lol::wub:

11346fc0e2d5a508e7a0e97db227c241--americ

Billie's lips in that pic.:wub::wub::wub: Actually, scratch that, Billie's lips in every pic.:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

3 hours ago, JellyTime said:

Yes.  Me too.   Although if I didn't end up like this after "my" concert, I'm not sure I ever will.  I don't think I could have screamed louder or more!!

It really can be dangerous- but so, so fun!! :)

3 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Oh Lord!!  I think I choked on my coffee at this!!  :lol:

4 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

Smol Billie is everything :wub::

He is.  He so is!!!  :wub:

Is fangirling over some of my favourite footage from this era while wearing my Rev Rad shirt :wub::)

2 hours ago, Marki. said:

Hide contents

This was so precious!!!!   Pure is the perfect word for this fangirling!!   Such innocent little souls!! :happyhands:

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived