The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fanfiction... so much horrible fanfiction. may my account never be discovered and sadden future generations

I am perfectly okay with admitting I am the biggest fangirl when it comes to Billie or anything reloving around him.

I like to keep long hair cos, yeah, Mike.

I try playing and jumping like Mike when I play bass xD That called fangirling? :P

So I'm reading this and looking at your ava and I am very confused.

So I'm reading this and looking at your ava and I am very confused.

Parents can be bitches about anything, you know?

Parents can be bitches about anything, you know?

I just thought Indians had a different idea of what "long" is.

I just thought Indians had a different idea of what "long" is.

Good one. lol

I mastrubate exclusively to photos of Green Day.

Thats funny i use pica of GD but with your head photoshopped over em

Lol

I'm a "controlled" fangirl. I've never been the type to be like "Oh my god, I want to marry Billie Joe!" I'm more like "Oh my god, Billie Joe and Adrienne are so adorable together! Aww, he seems so sweet with his kids. Wow, that's so cool that those fans got to meet him!" Definitely not a jealous, crazy fangirl like the stereotype often implies. But still, I am very much so a fangirl. And I have no problem with that. Mr. Armstrong is worth fangirling over. :happy:

When I was 12-15, I had pictures all over my room of Billie Joe. Like little cork boards scattered everywhere. I too almost certainly wrote a poem about him (I'm a writer, it surely happened at some point). I had Green Day posters everywhere. I wore (and still own) more Green Day tees than I can count. Oh goodness. It was a typical teenaged girl obsession.

I've since grown out of that phase, along with the compulsion to wear a Green Day shirt every day just to prove that I'm a fan (ha!). If you love a band as much as many of us love Green Day, you don't need to outwardly show it to be confident in how much you love them. I mean, you can wear GD shirts and that's fine and dandy, but it isn't a necessity. I still have touches of Green Day around my room, but it is much more reserved.

Green Day is definitely the obsession I grew up with. I went through stages and phases, yet still, I feel as passionately about their music as I did when I first fell in love with them. :wub:

Not gonna lie, I fangirl hardcore whenever they're on tv, or a radio interview. Or whenever I'm watching a show and they use a GD song in the background.. gosh I go all psycho :lol:

I must admit that I am still very fangirl. Whenever any member put photos on instagram my heart fires and quickly I send a comment in hopes of a response.

I try to keep this somewhat hidden side not to seem "boring". With 12/13 years I did parodies with their songs, which I see today and start laughing :lol:
And also admit that I'm in love for Billie Joe, not just because he's attractive, but because it is him that writes these amazing songs that makes me happy.
(sorry for my bad english) :happy:

Not gonna lie, I fangirl hardcore whenever they're on tv, or a radio interview. Or whenever I'm watching a show and they use a GD song in the background.. gosh I go all psycho :lol:

True. I smile like an idiot whenever I see them or hear them doing an interview.

Hell, I freak out when they come on the radio. Even if I'm driving alone, if Green Day comes on I practically squeal. :lol:

This is sounding a lot like group therapy. I think I'll bow out now.

i am an annoyingly obsessed fan-girl at least i know it. i'm that girl that will freak the fuck out when green day is on the radio or mentioned in conversation. if someone hates on them i full on bitch them out. i listen to them religiously and have a massive file folder on my computer labelled "green day." i talk about them constantly, and regularly dream about Billie Joe. oh yeah, i fucking WANT that man. SO BAD. sorry, anyway i'm pretty much insane as a result of this band... i'm surrounded by green day posters at the moment :wub: ahh comfort.. this post could quickly turn disturbing so i'll stop now lol
<3<3<3 green day

Holy smokes I am probably the oldest fan girl here and by far the worst! :D My cubicle at work is plastered with pictures, mostly of Billie Joe, I refer to him as my baby daddy, I have a personalized Stella Artois chalice that says Mrs. Armstrong. I squeak "boyfriend" whenever I hear them on the radio or see them on tv. I am a fangirl through and through and proud of it. Don't judge me. :)

There's one Green Day poster that I've had since I was like 12 and I cannot for the life of me throw it out. It's survived 3 house moves and years of wear and tear but still I can't bring myself to throw it out :lol:

Fangirling? I admit, sometimes I have moments of weakness. :ermm:

but.. COME ON, IT'S FU**ING GREEN DAY

:wub::wub::wub:

I wrote a poem about Billie Joe when I was 13... I don't think it gets any more "fangirl" than that.

I still remember it too... But it's way too embarrassing to share.

This thread know no boundaries. Share it. We will not judge :)

Holy smokes I am probably the oldest fan girl here and by far the worst! :D My cubicle at work is plastered with pictures, mostly of Billie Joe, I refer to him as my baby daddy, I have a personalized Stella Artois chalice that says Mrs. Armstrong. I squeak "boyfriend" whenever I hear them on the radio or see them on tv. I am a fangirl through and through and proud of it. Don't judge me. :)

So it's not just the teenage girls! The hardcore longtime ladies are just as bad. It's nice to hear that you're still as excited about them as you ever were. It's quite refreshing.

This the fangirl part of me that has stuck the most. I'm not one for keeping photo files etc but it makes me insanely happy to see or hear them getting airplay, for example.

Do I fan-girl, at 22, and being a legal adult? Fuck yeah. Not to a crazy ass extent though, because let's be honest, that just creeps me out. But when I see Tre update his instagram, I'm legit like :runaround:(that's me running to GDC to discuss his beauty in the instagram thread). I'm also convinced I'm marrying him, so yeah, you can stop wasting your time. :ga:

I try playing and jumping like Mike when I play bass xD That called fangirling? :P

It's fanboying to be precise :P as a male, may I ask, do you find ol' Mike particularly attractive or is your fandom based purely on his awesome bass playing skills?

It's fanboying to be precise :P as a male, may I ask, do you find ol' Mike particularly attractive or is your fandom based purely on his awesome bass playing skills.

Its both. I am openly gay for Mike. Even my friends know that :lol:

OMG THIS IS AN AMAZING IDEA! :woot: hjlkjhkjgh

I am such a fangirl! Whenever I hear a mention of Green Day I have a mini internal freakout. And when I see a picture of Billie I get all hot and start hyperventilating. Of course, I love Green Day to death for their music and everything they've done for the world. Above all, I have the deepest respect for them. But I still love their superficial qualities such as looks as well. Especially Billie. :wub: There is no doubt about it. I am in love with him so hard! I don't really know what I'd do if I met him. I was like a foot away from him once when he was St. Jimmy on Broadway when I went to see it and I just kind of locked up and didn't say anything to him. He was so close I could have even touched him, but I didn't because I was afraid he would be annoyed. I was just in awe. I bet if I'd said hi to him or something he would have been happy to respond, but I didn't. I will always love and at the same time regret those few moments. I always replay that scene in my head and wonder how it could have gone differently. What if I gave Billie a rose or something? What if I asked him if I could hug him? There are so many different ways I could have not messed that up. I really and truly feel like my greatest wish in life is to meet Billie Joe officially and let him know how much he and his music mean to me.

Also, this pretty much sums up how I feel, only much more eloquently put than how I tried to explain it:

I'm a "controlled" fangirl. I've never been the type to be like "Oh my god, I want to marry Billie Joe!" I'm more like "Oh my god, Billie Joe and Adrienne are so adorable together! Aww, he seems so sweet with his kids. Wow, that's so cool that those fans got to meet him!" Definitely not a jealous, crazy fangirl like the stereotype often implies. But still, I am very much so a fangirl. And I have no problem with that. Mr. Armstrong is worth fangirling over. :happy:

I am perfectly okay with admitting I am the biggest fangirl when it comes to Billie or anything reloving around him.

I feel like a lot of others also consider themselves to be the "biggest" fangirl of Billie. Including me. This is a battle that I don't think anyone can win because it can't be quantified. I think we're all the biggest fangirls, just in different ways.:happy:

Did all these things between 13 - 15

• I had a file on my computer containing 100+ Green Day pictures (predominantly hawt ones of Billie sourced from GDA).
  • I made terrible edits with built-in photo editing software containing angsty American Idiot lyrics.
  • I read fan fictions, and wrote my own funny ones for my friend who was into them just as much as I was (Kerplunk! style).
  • I checked GDA on a daily basis.
  • I re-wrote the JOS video as a short story.
  • I re-wrote the scribbled lyrics from the American Idiot CD booklet in "actual size" in a notebook.
  • My friend and I watched Bullet in a Bible so much that we once turned on the German subtitles for a bit of a change.
  • I knew all of the speaking parts in Bullet in a Bible off by heart.
  • Basically every character I wrote in my own "novels" bore some resemblance to BJA.
  • My room was covered in Green Day posters.
  • The first song I ever learned on guitar was Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
  • I named my first guitar Jimmy (for obvious reasons).
  • I wore two studded belts once. IN PUBLIC.
  • For an ICT presentation I wrote about how much I admired the band.
  • I had Green Day notebooks, a bracelet, t-shirts, CD's, albums, unofficial DVD's anything I could get my hands on.
There's probably more but that's all I can remember for now! The things I've done since then would be crying at the concert, and I don't know, posting on this site. Being actively involved in any sort of in-depth, Green Day discussion is still pretty fangirl, haha.

Oh and I can assure you that I now have a life. :lol:

Game over, peeps. We should be ashamed if we can't reach this level of dedication.

And you're right, the fact that we're on this site makes us all pretty big fangirls (or boys or persons...) whether we want to admit it or not.

Oh for my minor project last semester, I made a Green Day fansite with mini GDC kinda forums. Flo helped me with it. I educated everyone in my class about Rock Music and most importantly Green Day.

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived