The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

musso_kn

I've never noticed their looks. Probably because I'm so gay.

My mom thinks Mike Dirnt is sexy though, so. :ermm: Does my mom count as a fangirl?

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, obviously their music is very important to me on an emotional level, but I don't really see how that means I can't appreciate their looks once in a while.

And it's not even about the looks all the time, I'm just a really obsessive person :D and I'm really emotional about the things I like, so yeah I do many "obsessive" things but as I said, it still does not mean that I don't appreciate their music or amazing lyrics.

Love, proud fangirl <3

THIS! I am a pretty obsessive person, it's not even for their looks most of the times.

I've never noticed their looks. Probably because I'm so gay.

My mom thinks Mike Dirnt is sexy though, so. :ermm: Does my mom count as a fangirl?

Sure. Why be ageist?

i wil totally admit to having some "fangirl" moments..especially when I was 14-16. I got into Green Day when I was about 12 (2002) and started playing guitar, and learned how to play Good Riddance. Then bought International Superhits, I never really noticed their looks until American Idiot came out..I saw Billie Joe..and was like "oh myy he looks goood" and kinda got a bit obsessive with the band in general and Billie...I still totally notice when I see pictures of him and he looks nice :) Its kind of a "crush" that never went away 10 years later :P I love them all though :) I think they're all beautiful and awesome. My fiancé knows about this little crush..and even though he'll never admit it to anyone he totally has a "guy-crush" on Billie too lol

I have reason to believe my dad is a secret fanboy, too. We were watching a Green Day special on TV after sitting through a really dark Radiohead documentary. He said something about Green Day saving him and how he could kiss Billie Joe. Then he called him cuddly when the Redundant video came on. :D I was in fits!

I reckon I still fangirl about 300% of the time as I did when I first got into Green Day, it's just..different. Sure I cry every time I see them live but now it's more of a "I love you and I really appreciate what you do" rather than "OMGZZZ BILLIE IZ HOT" as I would have been when I was about 13. I still get butterflies with the little things, like listening to them, new photo posts on instagram or just seeing something related to them in a shop. I don't know whether that counts as fangirling or not, i'm just passionate about the things I love :lol:

I wrote a poem about Billie Joe when I was 13... I don't think it gets any more "fangirl" than that.

I still remember it too... But it's way too embarrassing to share.

Also I had a little picture of him that I got out of a magazine and I taped it to the bottom of the top bunk of my bed so every time I woke up, I would see him... :shy:

Billie's hot, Mike's hot, Tré's hot, Jason is pretty good lookin'...yeah okay....even as a guy, I think my heart skipped a beat the first time I heard Billie sing "I wanna get inside of you"

I've said many times before that only two guys can get me to successfully fangirl: Billie Joe Armstrong and Matt Bellamy. Billie is just so fucking adorable, I can't stand it sometimes!! Otherwise, I really hate fangirling and sometimes I think I'm super bad when it comes to that, but then I see people on Tumblr who will actually make their own pillow cases of Billie and hug it and do...other things...at least I don't get into that territory :P My biggest fangirl moment had to be when I finally saw Billie with my own eyes at the concert. I screamed like I was dying and my friend who I went with was looking at me like 0_0 Calm down please :P

I like Green Day for their music, but I must admit that Billie is attractive. I like his green eyes! I'm not a big "fangirl" and I don't want to marry him, but he looks good. :D

When I watch a countdown, a documentary or something else about music, Ì always hope to see Green Day.

And, finally, I'm on GDC! (There're a lot of threads where people post thing and where we can fangirl.) :ninja:

Im definitely a guilty fangirl, i started liking them for their music and their looks were icing on the cake xD im a fangirl for different bands for different periods of time. Like how i was obsessed with Sum 41 after i saw their concert, and now im crazy for green day after i saw their concert. (I thought they were awesome before i saw them dont get me wrong) but everyone has a band that changed them in some way and green day showed me what i really want to do in my life and ill love them for a really long time haha

Well my old email address was hookedonbillie@hotmail.com. Actually it's still set as my "Current e-mail address" on GDC but I'm too lazy to change that.

So there you go :lol: Embarassing.

ive danced with billies picture in the pale moonlight

I think at one point around 2005 I actually wanted to get myself a black button up shirt and a red tie >.<

Well, I admire Green Day because of their music. I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't like the music, but I must admit I find Billie, Mike and Tré really attractive. :P I think Mike was my first "celebrity crush", probably because he is the one I could (and can) relate the most.

I have never been in a GD show, they only came twice here in Brazil (1998/2010) and I couldn't go on both shows, but probably I'd fangirl really hard if they come again, I mean, REALLY hard.

Anyway, when I was 12-13 I had a computer file containing 700+ Green Day pictures, I used to watch BIAB religiously at least every week, I wrote lyrics all over my english test, etc.

My passion only grew stronger, I still listen to them every day as I used to do and I always get this kind of butterflies in my stomach when they post on Instagram or when I see things related to them, it's something I can't control. :D

Use to do??? I still fangirl :P Billie to me is that dad i'd like to fuck but then wouldn't because I would want him and Adrienne to adopt me. You feel me??? I fangirl so much over billie and adrienne really. I envy how they met and how they are still married even with Billie going on tour all the time and then y'know rehab.

I think I fangirl just as much as I did when I was 11 years old but I do have limits lmao.

haha this thread is great.

Did all these things between 13 - 15

• I had a file on my computer containing 100+ Green Day pictures (predominantly hawt ones of Billie sourced from GDA).
  • I made terrible edits with built-in photo editing software containing angsty American Idiot lyrics.
  • I read fan fictions, and wrote my own funny ones for my friend who was into them just as much as I was (Kerplunk! style).
  • I checked GDA on a daily basis.
  • I re-wrote the JOS video as a short story.
  • I re-wrote the scribbled lyrics from the American Idiot CD booklet in "actual size" in a notebook.
  • My friend and I watched Bullet in a Bible so much that we once turned on the German subtitles for a bit of a change.
  • I knew all of the speaking parts in Bullet in a Bible off by heart.
  • Basically every character I wrote in my own "novels" bore some resemblance to BJA.
  • My room was covered in Green Day posters.
  • The first song I ever learned on guitar was Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
  • I named my first guitar Jimmy (for obvious reasons).
  • I wore two studded belts once. IN PUBLIC.
  • For an ICT presentation I wrote about how much I admired the band.
  • I had Green Day notebooks, a bracelet, t-shirts, CD's, albums, unofficial DVD's… anything I could get my hands on.

There's probably more but that's all I can remember for now! The things I've done since then would be crying at the concert, and I don't know, posting on this site. Being actively involved in any sort of in-depth, Green Day discussion is still pretty fangirl, haha.

Oh and I can assure you that I now have a life. :lol:

all of this !!!

I fancy the pants off Billie and enjoy discussing this with others who agree :happy:, no shame in it whatsoever.

Finding band members attractive, looking at photos of them, putting up posters, collecting merch, getting excited about them..........all just perfectly normal aspects of being a fan as far as I'm concerned. The music's number one of course but there's plenty of other nice bonus things to enjoy about a band as well, silly to feel embarrassed about something enjoyable and harmless. I've made good friends and had lots of fun from "fangirling".

Oh God I have another one.

A long time ago, my friend gave me a sticker. It came from a teen magazine and it was a cartoon version of Billie Joe in his boxers (kind of like this). There were clothes stickers too but my friend just put a red tie on him. So I put the sticker inside this jewelery box and stuck it in my closet. Years later, my dad finds it and opens it in front of me and there's almost naked Billie Joe. So embarrassing...

Oh God I have another one.

A long time ago, my friend gave me a sticker. It came from a teen magazine and it was a cartoon version of Billie Joe in his boxers (kind of like this). There were clothes stickers too but my friend just put a red tie on him. So I put the sticker inside this jewelery box and stuck it in my closet. Years later, my dad finds it and opens it in front of me and there's almost naked Billie Joe. So embarrassing...

Haha! I used to have a Billie tab doll that my sister made that's fully naked under its various outfits on display in my room.

Haha! I used to have a Billie tab doll that my sister made that's fully naked under its various outfits on display in my room.

Is that the one in your sig? :P

Hello my name is Mara and i'm a fangirl...............

Hahaha but seriously, i don't really know exactly what a fangirl is, maybe is the kind of girl who says "oh my god i wish i could marry him, i think it's so hot, etc" but then you have those "Fans from hell", who are really scary, but if i'm a fangirl for say that the guys from my favorite band are very atractive and say cute things about them, then yes, i'm a fangirl, and i'm not ashamed for that lol. But i think that after years of just loving the band for the music, the lirycs, etc, i think that now i'm allowed to be a fangirl about them everytime i want to :P

But yes, i think there's a limit of fangirling. :P

Is that the one in your sig? :P

It is. Censored there though :P

See my definition of a fangirl isn't collecting GD merch or getting excited for new albums or anything like that. I see it as you're almost obsessed with the band or Billie in this case to the point where you're like I WANT TO MARRY HIM!!! Or you do things like try to look like him or have cut outs of him that you kiss and stuff. Half of the things we're talking about is regular fan behavior I think. Trust me if you go on tumblr you'll see really strange and serious fan girling.

How about running down the stairs when I heard my dad's phone playing let yourself go, yelling " is that green day? I think that's green day! your the coolest dad ever!" Does that count as fangirling? :lol:

It is. Censored there though :P

:lol: I see that the lines on the side of him are for the tabs! I thought it was him shivering because he was naked :P

I guess another fan girl moment I have is whenever I hear Green Day outside of my house I stop everything. My ears perk up like a dog and I go "Is that Green Day?!"

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived