Psy responds to Billie Joe comment on Instagram

JIGD13

Oh, for fuck's sake, get over yourself.

You really seem to be preoccupied with the notion that so many GDC users are arse kissers. If you read through the post you just quoted properly, I think you'll find she's not a 'sheep' and certainly doesn't agree with everything the band members do. She's simply stating that they, like all of us, are entitled to freedom of speech. It's true; he said it and we may disagree and challenge it, but this tiny, irrelevant comment hardly deserves thirteen pages, something I believe you were complaining (as usual!) about earlier.

Well how about you get over yourself.... yeah i was complaining cause it doesnt deserve this many pages but ive looked through it and youve posted plenty so take your own advice there. Oh and no need to be fucking snarky either.

Just close the bloody thing

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but did anyone else think that the chick who interviewed Psy seemed really disappointed that he didn't get really angry at Billie's comment? :lol:

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but did anyone else think that the chick who interviewed Psy seemed really disappointed that he didn't get really angry at Billie's comment? :lol:

I half expected her to be screaming her tits off after psy's reaction :lol:

Well how about you get over yourself.... yeah i was complaining cause it doesnt deserve this many pages but ive looked through it and youve posted plenty so take your own advice there. Oh and no need to be fucking snarky either.

Oh I've posted many times, alright. Yes, I agree this thread probably doesn't deserve this much activity either. BUT I also think it should be left open, so as to allow people to freely air their thoughts, because some users have brought up some interesting points.

You just seem to be coming back for more on this thread, when it's clearly pissing you off.

Oh yes, she was totally stirring.

Honestly, It REALLY bothers me that Billie keeps making these kinds of comments. For example some of his old tweets saying:

"Dont vote for Bush, Vote for Kerry!"

"Everyone delete your facebook accounts!"

"Vote for Obama!"

And now:

"PSY is like herpes of music!"

Doesn't matter if he was being humorous or being an asshole. I'm not afriad to say it, "FUCK OFF BILLIE!" That's your own damn buisness, stop projecting it onto us. We got enough assholes on youtube and television telling us what we should or shouldn't do and/or watch, we don't want to hear it from you too. We get it, today's life/society/youth has become nothing but a fucking monotonous, cliche, cluster-fuck of crap so CALM YOUR SHIT!

Jesus Christ.:mellow: I don't see anything wrong at all with this. Billie is active in politics, which I think is wonderful. A lot of people just sit on their asses and don't contribute at all the the progress of the country. This just highlights the fact that Billie is smart and actually cares about what is going on. He's not "projecting" anything into anyone. You have a choice of whether to go with what he says or not. If you don't agree then just disregard it. There's no reason to rip him apart for it.

As for the situation with Psy, I don't think it's a big deal at all and I'm not sure why everyone is so pissed about this. I just feel that his comment was funny and that's all. It's not a big deal and Psy doesn't care either. He even likes it! What Billie said was almost a backhanded compliment in a way.

Now can we please be done with this? It's just making everyone fight and get all unhappy. I don't like to witness people getting so distressed. It makes me sad.

Also, I like Psy. I may not care much for his music, but I think he seems like a pretty cool guy. I would totally hang out with him. Billie probably doesn't mind him either, just doesn't really like the music that much, which is okay. I actually think if he and Psy met, they would probably have a good laugh about this.

He does not have the "right" to state his opinion?! There are all kinds of wrong wrapped up in that response. I don't think it has anything to do with genre and everything to do with the fact that his songs are annoying as fuck ( in my opinion and apparently in Billies opinion too but see that's his right.) you have a right to disagree.

It was a response to your post, the one that basically says that he can bash other artists because "Billie is music", that he is an artist and Psy is not. People may find his music annoying, okay, I totally get it, but some - millions of - people enjoy his songs,

It's always a pity when threads with potential to hold decent conversation, get drowned with comments like Fuck off, You're pathetic, and Get over yourself.

I partially agree...

But this thread shouldn't be closed, if only for the sake of 'freedom of speech'.

Oh don't worry it won't be. If people want a thread to go away they should simply not post in it. That way if there's no more discussion to be had it will drop down the page and go away on its own. Any time anyone posts in a thread to complain about it still going they're just helping keep it going, remember this everyone :thumbsup:

Just close the bloody thing

If the only reason you're posting in a thread is to repeatedly complain about the thread existing/being popular then you're spamming. If you don't like a thread you're free to not click on it.

And can both of you please keep things civil. There's no need for personal insults in a thread about a bloody Instagram comment.

It's always a pity when threads with potential to hold decent conversation, get drowned with comments like Fuck off, You're pathetic, and Get over yourself.

I agree. I don't see why things need to be so heated and uncivilized. It's not that big of an issue, people! By all means, discuss! But don't go ripping each other's throats out. :ermm: That's just nasty and unpleasant for everyone involved.

Billie has every right to voice is opinion. However, that doesn't mean he's not being a dick when he randomly posts a picture of Psy and says negative stuff (that people say about HIS band) out of nowhere. It's not like someone was like "Hey, let's listen to Psy!" and he said, "OMFG NO THANK YOU. I hate his music and wish he would go away". He just randomly attacked a person for no reason. It wasn't a response to anything. Or a remark in an interview. No one mentioned Psy or asked him his opinion on popular music or anything. He just came out and said it for no reason, as if it were something that were so bad that he was losing sleep over it. It's not really a huge deal what Billie thinks. If anything, it's just making him look like a jerk. I don't give a crap about Psy, either. but unless I'm replying to someone who asked for my opinion or mentioned Psy or started playing Psy, I just don't say anything about him. because it doesn't matter. If I don't like his music, I don't have to listen to it. No big deal. Whatever.

Well, may I ask what's going on on with this forum? I'm slowly getting lost... :ermm:

We definitely need something to happen or otherwise we'll just start talking about the weather. Why can't 25th be today? Or these 'remixed versions' of songs...ehh,

Several members were warned and suspended for spamming in this thread. Any further spam will result in further warnings being handed out.

It was a response to your post, the one that basically says that he can bash other artists because "Billie is music", that he is an artist and Psy is not. People may find his music annoying, okay, I totally get it, but some - millions of - people enjoy his songs,

Millions of people enjoy a lot of shit that is not worthy of the title art. By your definition the crap that Justin Bieber cranks out is art because a lot of people "enjoy" it. Billie Joe is an accomplished musician, singer, and songwriter. He has been making music since he was a child, I think that qualifies him to make this judgement. You want expert advice in something you seek the opinion of an experienced professional right? Like I said before you can disagree with this opinion if you want, but that doesn't mean Billie is not qualified and does not have every right to express it.

Well, music taste is not a subject for a dicussion. Some people like Lady Gaga, some people like Beethoven - everyone has the right to do so. And everyone has the right to dislike Nickelback or Psy for example. Billie just wanted to show what he thinks about Psy and his presence in the music world. I don't get it why this picture and a few words commenting it caused such a huge respons in media. Everywhere I see news about what Psy thinks about being called 'herpes'. So from now on every opinion of artist about artist will be analyzed by press - even if it was meant to be joke or something?

With Billie Joe's case I think it's just much ado about nothing.

/sorry, but that's my point of view;I didn't mean to offend anyone/

When I first saw Billie's post I didn't think it was a big deal. I thought it was a little rude, but mostly in a facetious way. I had no idea it would provoke 13 pages of discussion, but I don't think it's useless discussion.

One thing I just realized is that the most recent media coverage Billie has received (by recent I mean over the last year) that goes out to the general public is all fairly negative. The sagging, iHeart, and this makes three. He's received the label of what I would call "immature middle-aged wannabe punkster" with his antics, but most of us here don't feel that way. There's dissonance between the general public's view of Billie and our view of him, that's one of the reasons this is such a long-winded topic.

^ That's quite true regarding negative media coverage of him. Very fascinating point.

It is sad but interesting to see the media report on a famous person that you are particularly knowledgable about. For instance, there were SO many inaccuracies reported about his rehab and what happened leading up to it (like he was sober for a year prior and was in a rehab facility, etc.). And now, a random Instagram post that sits among many Instagram posts is getting all sorts of attention for no real reason. It kind of shows you, though, that the media mostly reports on the negative rather than reporting on the positive. When I see negative things reported about him, it kind of makes me think twice about negative opinions I have of other celebrities that have been shaped somewhat by the media.

I mean, I don't see Billie the way the media reports him. He certainly pisses me off sometimes, but from all I know of him I consider him to be a really good guy.

^ That's quite true regarding negative media coverage of him. Very fascinating point.

It is sad but interesting to see the media report on a famous person that you are particularly knowledgable about. For instance, there were SO many inaccuracies reported about his rehab and what happened leading up to it (like he was sober for a year prior and was in a rehab facility, etc.). And now, a random Instagram post that sits among many Instagram posts is getting all sorts of attention for no real reason. It kind of shows you, though, that the media mostly reports on the negative rather than reporting on the positive. When I see negative things reported about him, it kind of makes me think twice about negative opinions I have of other celebrities that have been shaped somewhat by the media.

I mean, I don't see Billie the way the media reports him. He certainly pisses me off sometimes, but from all I know of him I consider him to be a really good guy.

Positivity has no bearing or story for the media but let there be nagativity that equals money they can spin a negative for a week

In my opinion, I think that this story getting so big just shows that the media has nothing else better to get out.

Come to think of it, anyone whining about how 'disrespectful' this was of Billie Joe probably had far too high expectations of him the first place. Who's the deluded fangirl now? :lol;

I partially agree...

But this thread shouldn't be closed, if only for the sake of 'freedom of speech'.

I wasn't necessarily saying the thread should be closed by a mod...just..why so many pages? I dunno.

Is the media still going on about this or is it just us now? :P

I wasn't necessarily saying the thread should be closed by a mod...just..why so many pages? I dunno.

Is the media still going on about this or is it just us now? :P

Just us, I believe! :lol:

Randy fucking Garcia: Fuck off. I might have taken you seriously if you weren't several days too late. Why keep this going, dickhead?

I was kinda hoping for Psy's calm reaction to quickly turn into extreme rage... or at least a funny dance. :runaround:

Archived