Psy responds to Billie Joe comment on Instagram

JIGD13

Don't get me wrong Billie is my favorite dude, but this made me mad, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels Billie was immature about this. It just wasn't really a necessary thing to do. It wasn't funny to me. Psy seems like a cool, funny guy. Billie just seemed like he was trying to be funny and he wasn't. Way to go Billie you're looking like the next Johnny Rotten.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, It REALLY bothers me that Billie keeps making these kinds of comments. For example some of his old tweets saying:

"Dont vote for Bush, Vote for Kerry!"

"Everyone delete your facebook accounts!"

"Vote for Obama!"

And now:

"PSY is like herpes of music!"

Doesn't matter if he was being humorous or being an asshole. I'm not afriad to say it, "FUCK OFF BILLIE!" That's your own damn buisness, stop projecting it onto us. We got enough assholes on youtube and television telling us what we should or shouldn't do and/or watch, we don't want to hear it from you too. We get it, today's life/society/youth has become nothing but a fucking monotonous, cliche, cluster-fuck of crap so CALM YOUR SHIT!

i suggest you stop following him on IG & twitter & facebook because you and millions of other people could disagree with what he says, but he will always have that opinion and he will always be able to project that opinion :)

So why is it that when Billie basically says 'fuck off' to Psy, it's competely fine. But when I say 'fuck off' to Billie... "OMG how dare you say that about Billie, cause Billie is Billie and Billie is great and Billie Billie Billie"

SO WHAT he's famous, that has nothing to do with it, he's just another human being. Music is music and should be treated as such. If you dont like the person singing thats your problem, dont bash the music also cause most the time anymore those singers dont even write the damn music themselves.

So for Billie who can write music and play instraments to be putting down someone who doesn't or cant, it's a dick thing to do.

So why is it that when Billie basically says 'fuck off' to Psy, it's competely fine. But when I say 'fuck off' to Billie... "OMG how dare you say that about Billie, cause Billie is Billie and Billie is great and Billie Billie Billie"

SO WHAT he's famous, that has nothing to do with it, he's just another human being. Music is music and should be treated as such. If you dont like the person singing thats your problem, dont bash the music also cause most the time anymore those singers dont even write the damn music themselves.

So for Billie who can write music and play instraments to be putting down someone who doesn't or cant, it's a dick thing to do.

Well exactly, he is just another human being. Just like you, he can express his opinions on a social media site. You can say something about Billie, Billie can say something about Psy. As I said I don't think there's anything wrong with disagreeing with the opinions he expresses (or finding them childish/silly/rude), I just don't think it's fair to say he shouldn't express his opinions online in the first place when we're all expressing ours right now.

The other thing is, Billie has literally been making jokey childish comments about music/musical acts he doesn't like as long as Green Day have been famous. I can understand having the opinion that the comment was a bit nasty but it simply isn't anything new from him so I can't really understand why anyone's acting like it is. No one was complaining about it until Psy responded and the media blew it up, and Psy himself doesn't even seem particularly bothered, so a lot of the reactions in this thread seem hugely over the top.

Well exactly, he is just another human being. Just like you, he can express his opinions on a social media site. You can say something about Billie, Billie can say something about Psy. As I said I don't think there's anything wrong with disagreeing with the opinions he expresses (or finding them childish/silly/rude), I just don't think it's fair to say he shouldn't express his opinions online in the first place when we're all expressing ours right now.

Admittedly, I should have worded that differently.

It just upsets me that he being a musician himself is putting down other singers/musicians who, like I said, aren't as experienced as him.

It just upsets me that he being a musician himself is putting down other singers/musicians who, like I said, aren't as experienced as him.

it's not his problem that psy aren't as experienced as him. it's just an opinion my god! I really wanna pull that interviewer who made this more of what it is by the hair.

I personally believe you're all taking this too far and i am currently laughing at each and every comment

for instance:

PSY SUCKS!!!!! BILLY JOE'S SO MUCH COOLER

*chuckle chuckle* goes I, for the complete stupidity of the comment i just came up with, as well as all of you who are going to go back to look for that exact comment to rant about it, just like i did

Billie is entitled to say whatever he wishes. I thought the comment was a little unnecessary, but that's just me.

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, I'm really not but I think that was Billie's whole point; this guy is not a singer or a musician, he's just some clown who has sullied the art. Billie is music, it's basically his whole life and to see this guy use music to gain fame when he really has no talent, it's kind of insulting to someone who cares so much about good music. Psy and other "pop stars" like him violate everything that Billie holds as sacred. Not trying to justify his comments just trying to give some perspective.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but, I don't think it was uncalled for.

well who's being a cunt now?

I'm not trying to be confrontational here, I'm really not but I think that was Billie's whole point; this guy is not a singer or a musician, he's just some clown who has sullied the art. Billie is music, it's basically his whole life and to see this guy use music to gain fame when he really has no talent, it's kind of insulting to someone who cares so much about good music. Psy and other "pop stars" like him violate everything that Billie holds as sacred. Not trying to justify his comments just trying to give some perspective.

But Psy wasnt out for fame like that (hes been making music since 1999) he is known and loved in his country and he writes and plays instruments as well...

But Billie has his right to his opinion I'm not mad but I do wish he'd stop using dieases like cancer or herpes in his insults... they aren't funny at all

But Psy wasnt out for fame like that (hes been making music since 1999) he is known and loved in his country and he writes and plays instruments as well...

But Billie has his right to his opinion I'm not mad but I do wish he'd stop using dieases like cancer or herpes in his insults... they aren't funny at all

Psy reportedly knows how to play the clarinet and drums although there is little evidence to back that up since his " music" is mostly processed and computer generated. And yes while he has been around for a while in Korea he was not this beloved artist as you purport and has only recently gained any real popularity. And lastly cancer is not funny but herpes certainly is.

Psy reportedly knows how to play the clarinet and drums although there is little evidence to back that up since his " music" is mostly processed and computer generated. And yes while he has been around for a while in Korea he was not this beloved artist as you purport and has only recently gained any real popularity. And lastly cancer is not funny but herpes certainly is.

Well my girl is from Korea says differently says Psy has been a "a huge K Pop artist for years" but hey what would she know she only has lived there til 2007...

And joking about herpes is not funny if you think it is well maybe u should get herpes and see if u think differently (see not funny)

Yup, Psy is a stupid, stupid clown. That's why he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Well my girl is from Korea says differently says Psy has been a "a huge K Pop artist for years" but hey what would she know she only has lived there til 2007...

And joking about herpes is not funny if you think it is well maybe u should get herpes and see if u think differently (see not funny)

Well you have to have SOME humor to make it funny, you can't simply say "hey you should get herpes, ha ha ha". No that doesn't work does it? It has to be more subtle like when I ask my husband in crowded elevator if he remembered to refill his prescription of Valtrex and Preparation H (as it turns out hemorrhoids are funny too). See? Funny.

Well you have to have SOME humor to make it funny, you can't simply say "hey you should get herpes, ha ha ha". No that doesn't work does it? It has to be more subtle like when I ask my husband in crowded elevator if he remembered to refill his prescription of Valtrex and Preparation H (as it turns out hemorrhoids are funny too). See? Funny.

Well we have different opinions on humor it's no biggie I just don't care for the cancer/aids/std jokes as I've had people close to me died from cancer

Honestly, It REALLY bothers me that Billie keeps making these kinds of comments. For example some of his old tweets saying:

"Dont vote for Bush, Vote for Kerry!"

"Everyone delete your facebook accounts!"

"Vote for Obama!"

And now:

"PSY is like herpes of music!"

Doesn't matter if he was being humorous or being an asshole. I'm not afriad to say it, "FUCK OFF BILLIE!" That's your own damn buisness, stop projecting it onto us. We got enough assholes on youtube and television telling us what we should or shouldn't do and/or watch, we don't want to hear it from you too. We get it, today's life/society/youth has become nothing but a fucking monotonous, cliche, cluster-fuck of crap so CALM YOUR SHIT!

Oh no, CURSE Billie for expressing his opinion =[ What kind of an awful person does that!

Perhaps because this is a Green Day forum, where people support the members of Green Day? You can hate Billie and/or his ways all you want, but don't expect people in the Green Day Community not to defend him. He's a dick, so what? He is just human being.

I don't think his comment was ever meant to offend but I agree with what he said. His stuff is everywhere you can't get away from it, and once you thought it was over it was back. I will bet you many people feel the same way, and are really sick of Psy's stuff.

Billie has been outspoken about almost everything not just about music, maybe that's just part of the punk scene or his personality, on the other hand, people do feel uncomfortable by that.

time to write him a letterbomb to tell him how you feel, if you want to be more constructive, mike did that, his mom did that, and be prepared the nice comeback by him then get pissed off again lol

that said, i don't know him in person, maybe he think they will still love me anyhoo... he has a mean mouth sometimes, but i still don't feel he really means bad... better than those pretending to be nice with you, but stabbing you from the back.

I don't know why everyone makes a fuss about Billie's comment. :lol: probably because it was about Psy. The media loves to tear Billie apart since the iHeart incident :dry:

well who's being a cunt now?

Be nice.

Am I still the only person here who thinks Billie was joking/having a bit of fun with this? Psy isn't pissed, he likes it! So why should we be? This is why text is such a bad form of communication in some ways. It doesn't convey tone of voice or any subtleties like that which would explain the intention behind Billie's comment better.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but, I don't think it was uncalled for.

Well I do. That's why I gave you a verbal.

She's kind of right, though. It's easy to see why anyone could take offence to cancer. Herpes is hardly that serious.

The comment was childish, silly, unnecessary and, above all, did give the impression Billie Joe was just looking for attention. Apart from that, it really isn't that offensive. A five year old could be more hurtful.

Archived