Psy responds to Billie Joe comment on Instagram

JIGD13

The only reason this thread is still going on is that we have nothing else to talk about.Thr trilogy has released, the tour is on a small break and it's not everyday that we get green day news on websites.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason this thread is still going on is that we have nothing else to talk about.

Exactly. :lol:

Psy rules. Doing better in the charts than Green Day at the minute. It was a funny joke. Psy took it well by taking the piss right back (of course he knows what herpes is). Don't know why people here are taking it so seriously. Just a bit of banter. Let's leave it. Slan go foil people!

This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion, just saw ultimate guitar post it on facebook and a load of comments saying Green day is the cancer of punk rock and Billie Joe should go back to rehab where he belongs. I mean really? the poor guy was close to death

Well at least this little media-made drama finally got KROQ DJ s to mention Billie and Green Day on the air. Listening to this radio station you'd think Insomniac was Green Day's last album. For those of you who aren't in So. Cal, KROQ is like one of the bigger rock/alternative radio stations but all they play is Mumford and Sons, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Muse. I kid you not about a year ago I was listening to KROQ , they had just finished playing Jaded, and one of the DJ s asked if that was a "new one" by Green Day. True story. Fuck you KROQ!!!! Wait what were we talking about again...?

Well at least this little media-made drama finally got KROQ DJ s to mention Billie and Green Day on the air. Listening to this radio station you'd think Insomniac was Green Day's last album. For those of you who aren't in So. Cal, KROQ is like one of the bigger rock/alternative radio stations but all they play is Mumford and Sons, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Muse. I kid you not about a year ago I was listening to KROQ , they had just finished playing Jaded, and one of the DJ s asked if that was a "new one" by Green Day. True story. Fuck you KROQ!!!! Wait what were we talking about again...?

They seem to know Green Day pretty well though? Lots of interviews, exclusives, and Almost Acoustic Christmases

They seem to know Green Day pretty well though? Lots of interviews, exclusives, and Almost Acoustic Christmases

This is true but they seem to prefer playing "Dani California" for the bajillionth time in lieu of any Post-Insomniac Green Day. It just really pisses me off. Especially when they say they have some "new music" coming up and then they play a song by another band that was released like a year ago. They really do suck.

This is true but they seem to prefer playing "Dani California" for the bajillionth time in lieu of any Post-Insomniac Green Day. It just really pisses me off. Especially when they say they have some "new music" coming up and then they play a song by another band that was released like a year ago. They really do suck.

GD arent radio darlings any more right now

And mainstream radio sucks is also the other thing lol

aHHH I wanna be here for page 10! :P

You do realise you're only contributing to making this thread longer, don't you?

Wake me up when Billie's midlife crisis ends.

Seriously though, he's going to be cringing when looking back at this moment in a few years.

I'll be laughing if BIllie Joe and Psy collaborates for a song. xD

It don't think that'll ever happen. haha

Seriously though, he's going to be cringing when looking back at this moment in a few years.

I think he's had enough of a midlife crisis already, don't you?

He really, really, really isn't. In a month no one will even remember this.

I'll be laughing if BIllie Joe and Psy collaborates for a song. xD

It don't think that'll ever happen. haha

They're both appearing on The Lonely Island's next album, so it's entirely possible :P

He's been happily making fun of other artists as long as Green Day have been famous, so I doubt it. Continuing to do something he's always done is hardly evidence of a midlife crisis.

I think he's had enough of a midlife crisis already, don't you?

He really, really, really isn't. In a month no one will even remember this.

Sadly because this was on the internet, it will always be remembered and mentioned. Just like iHeart and pants on a plane. Over and vover again. :(

Sadly because this was on the internet, it will always be remembered and mentioned. Just like iHeart and pants on a plane. Over and vover again. :(

Well iHeart was a lot bigger than this. And pants on a plane was genuinely funny. This is nothing. Still can't believe there's 9 pages on it.

EDIT: 10 now. Fucking hell.

Well iHeart was a lot bigger than this. And pants on a plane was genuinely funny. This is nothing. Still can't believe there's 9 pages on it.

EDIT: 10 now. Fucking hell.

True, true. But as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, we don't have much new news to discuss. I mean how much can you say about Billie, family and friends seeing The Rolling Stones? Not much debate there! :lol:

Billie should learn to be more careful about what he says on the Internet. His comment was completely harmless imo. I hear much harsher words from my family members on a daily basis. But the unexpected backlash caused Green Day bad press at a time when they really can't afford any more bad press.

He's been happily making fun of other artists as long as Green Day have been famous, so I doubt it. Continuing to do something he's always done is hardly evidence of a midlife crisis.

Yeah, but at least back then he would actually make fun of them in a humorous way. Now he just goes on twitter/on stage and basically says "[insert artist here] sucks! I'm so edgy and hip aren't I?" Not unlike how an 11 year old goes online and says "fuk u bich trololol fite me irl".

There's a big difference.

Billie should learn to be more careful about what he says on the Internet. His comment was completely harmless imo. I hear much harsher words from my family members on a daily basis. But the unexpected backlash caused Green Day bad press at a time when they really can't afford any more bad press.

Hi! Welcome to GDC!!

As to Billie being more careful, I'm pretty sure (although I don't know him personally) that he doesn't really give a s**t. :) And even bad press reminds people that Billie and Green Day are still alive and kicking. I don't have a problem with him doing this at all. I was just pointing out that something put out on the internet never really goes away.

Stating your opinion about an artist does not mean you're having a midlife crisis ok and billie joe armstrong DID noTHING wRONG.

ok?

ok.

Yeah, but at least back then he would actually make fun of them in a humorous way. Now he just goes on twitter/on stage and basically says "[insert artist here] sucks! I'm so edgy and hip aren't I?" Not unlike how an 11 year old goes online and says "fuk u bich trololol fite me irl".

There's a big difference.

Hardly. How do you define 'humorous' anyway? The herpes analogy is technically as funny as, say, the way he likened Slipknot's music to "Tre choking on a hair ball".

Stating your opinion about an artist does not mean you're having a midlife crisis ok and billie joe armstrong DID noTHING wRONG.

ok?

ok.

That's what gets me

What he said wasn't even that bad. Why the big fuss? People say much worse things all the time. I remember a few months ago Liam Gallagher said Mumford & Sons "look like they've got fucking nits", which is equally as insulting and he didn't get as much backlash as Billie did.

I saw a post on tumblr about this that had like 40,000 notes. Why do people even care? Not even Psy cares.

That's what gets me

What he said wasn't even that bad. Why the big fuss? People say much worse things all the time. I remember a few months ago Liam Gallagher said Mumford & Sons "look like they've got fucking nits", which is equally as insulting and he didn't get as much backlash as Billie did.

I saw a post on tumblr about this that had like 40,000 notes. Why do people even care? Not even Psy cares.

You know I really wish I knew why people would be so upset? Unless you were a real fan of PSY. I just don't get why Billie gets so much shit for things. Leave this poor man alone my fucking god.

I really wish Billie would tell all you guys off because it's not like he doesn't know what everyone is saying.

Archived