Billie Joe on new Lonely Island album

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap

Justin Bieber is talented. Yet he poisons everyone without effort because girls think he's hot and he's got a good singing voice and sings about bitchy whiny problems. He's almost like the Green Day of this decade. Like in the 90's, people listened to Green Day because Billie's, just Billie, and they sang about relatable topics. Just instead of doing it dressed like a total twat they did it the punk way. And it worked. Justin Bieber is actually probably more talented or just as talented than any of those artists. As.. bad as that sounds to say.

Justin Timberlake not Justin Bieber. But every decade had crappy manufactured music, it's not a new thing. There were good and bad music acts in the 90s just as there's good and bad now. Just listen to the music you like and ignore the rest, there's not much point in getting annoyed about music you don't like.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Justin Timberlake not Justin Bieber. But every decade had crappy manufactured music, it's not a new thing. There were good and bad music acts in the 90s just as there's good and bad now. Just listen to the music you like and ignore the rest, there's not much point in getting annoyed about music you don't like.

I know what you meant in saying Timberlake, I was just making the point that Bieber is very talented as well but I'm not a fan because he brainwashes everyone without even trying to.

I just really don't get what the fuck the big deal is. I'm sure it's going to be good and by good I mean funny so just relax. I hate to break it to you but green day IS mainstream and they made that decision a long time ago. I hope that this move puts them back into the world because they are really invisible now.

The song he's featured on is called "I Run NY".

Hmm, looks like I (Wikipedia) was right! I'm hoping it'll be a song joking about Billie's success with the Broadway musical and how Billie might think he runs New York now because of it; that'd be REALLY funny!!!

I like Lonely Island. I'm not ashamed of knowing all the lyrics to "Dick in a Box" and "Jack Sparrow (With Michael Bolton)". I think we all should just chill for a moment or two without having such arguments to what the track will bring and how it will be presented. I can't wait to hear this track whether it will be on the youtube page or I have to go and listen to it when the album gets released.

I'm a huge Green Day Fan. And I am stoked that Billie is going to be on the album. I just want to hear the song already. I have been praying that it would be a Wack Wednesday on their Youtube Channel but it won't happen. I'm really, really excited!

I like Lonely Island. I'm not ashamed of knowing all the lyrics to "Dick in a Box" and "Jack Sparrow (With Michael Bolton)". I think we all should just chill for a moment or two without having such arguments to what the track will bring and how it will be presented. I can't wait to hear this track whether it will be on the youtube page or I have to go and listen to it when the album gets released.

"Dick in a Box" is fucking awesome! No shame in that. I also love "Like a Boss." That's all I think about when I'm at work :P

Can someone send me a link of the sing cuz I cant find it? Thanks :)

Can someone send me a link of the sing cuz I cant find it? Thanks :)

The song hasn't come out yet... That's probably why you can't find it :D

I'm looking forward to listen to "I Run N.Y." :P I've always liked the Loney Island, so yeah... :lol:

I have no idea why anyone would be pissed about this, the Lonely Island are a comedy group so Billie just wants to be funny with them...and why are some of you acting like Green Day aren't mainstream? Them, Foo Fighters, and Nickelback are essentially the only rock bands that are played on mainstream radio. Pretend all you want, Green Day are one of the most mainstream acts in rock music today (and that's not a bad thing)

the song YOLO was on Saturday Night Live not too long ago....

We just watched the video last night. Getting even more excited for June 11 to see Billie's contribution. :)

Hmm, looks like I (Wikipedia) was right! I'm hoping it'll be a song joking about Billie's success with the Broadway musical and how Billie might think he runs New York now because of it; that'd be REALLY funny!!!

I've been completely blank as to what he could be participating with subject-wise, but you just opened my mind! I really hope it's about broadway AI now.

I'm doubly excited now seeing as GD and TLI are both in my top 5 bands :D

Associated acts Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Akon, Michael Bolton, Kendrick Lamar, Maroon 5

Do we really want BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG added to that list? I sure as hell don't. Those are all mainstream crap bands that all the "cool kids" listen too. I don't want to see my idols name with them. How is the Forgotton being in Twilight not bad? At one point Billie compared something (possibly the trilogy) to Twilight, then immediately took it back and said "no, not that bad", then compared it to Star Wars. So not only did he go back on his word, Green Day are part of what they were once against, part of the media based brainwashing techniques that they've been against for oh so long. They no longer want to be the Minority, it seems. And it saddens me.

It's a bit shit, I agree. I'll listen to it because it's Billie Joe, but other than that, meh. I wouldn't give it a second glance if I saw that list of artists, and no I don't want Green Day associated with them.

I know I'm excited, even if it wasn't Lonely Island I'd be excited just because I'm getting more BJ. (Giggity.)

Justin Bieber is talented. Yet he poisons everyone without effort because girls think he's hot and he's got a good singing voice and sings about bitchy whiny problems. He's almost like the Green Day of this decade. Like in the 90's, people listened to Green Day because Billie's, just Billie, and they sang about relatable topics. Just instead of doing it dressed like a total twat they did it the punk way. And it worked. Justin Bieber is actually probably more talented or just as talented than any of those artists. As.. bad as that sounds to say.

"He's almost like the Green Day of this decade" - uh, seriously? I'm the usually the one "defending" Justin Bieber because I'm annoyed by the extremely exaggerated hate he gets, but are you seriously comparing Green Day and Justin Bieber? WTF.

Justin Bieber has a very good singing voice and he can dance. That's it. Everything else is done for him - he doesn't write his songs, doesn't produce them... You can't even compare that to how Green Day got famous - through hard work. They wrote all of their songs, playing in small clubs and had their breakthrough 7 years into their career.

And JB isn't more talented than the artists featured on the album... at all. Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga and Pharrel are all way more talented because they actually write most of their songs and actually get pretty experimental for pop music if you actually listen to one of their albums.

(I'm just gonna stop right here because criticizing Justin Bieber is the most redundant topic in the history of the internet)

Archived