Billie Joe on new Lonely Island album

Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother and sister really like the Lonely Island band, and some of their songs are really funny and ridiculous. I try not to admit that I like them too, because I'm not too into rap or hip-hop, or stupid humor. That being said, I think this song was ace. Billie's vocals are crazy good, and I can easily see myself getting addicted to this song. It's hilarious!

One of the main things that cracked me up about it is that it is literally about running NY, instead of living a gangster or thug life, they're battling sewer rats and bureaucracy. Brilliant.

Billie's voice is amazing, seriously come on it's just fucking epic! :lol::lol:

Nightlife's bass riff is one of the best they've ever written. But I don't like any other aspect of that song. Just my opinion. :)

Yes, i just forgot dat bass line :)

Ok picture this,

They don't release a music video for this song for a while. When SNL comes back we find out that Green Day is the music guest on one of the first few new shows. Then later we find out Billie Joe is going to host! (Joking haha he probably wouldn't host but how funny would that be?) They premier the video for I Run NY on that episode and that also gives Green Day their SNL gig to promote the Trilogy.

Just a thought.

I think it's kinda funny - reminded me of Mechanical Man more than anything else for some reason

Anyone have a download link ...? 'o'

Downloads aren't allowed here as it's copyrighted, have to find it elsewhere.

Listened to it on my way home from work on the train, and actually laughed out loud at the last part Billie sings.

I'm not usually a fan of the Lonely Island but his part was pretty hilarious and very different to what we're all used to!

Ok picture this,

They don't release a music video for this song for a while. When SNL comes back we find out that Green Day is the music guest on one of the first few new shows. Then later we find out Billie Joe is going to host! (Joking haha he probably wouldn't host but how funny would that be?) They premier the video for I Run NY on that episode and that also gives Green Day their SNL gig to promote the Trilogy.

Just a thought.

That would be amazing, wouldn't it? I would love them to inch closer to being members of the Five Timers Club. Sadly, SNL, at least in recent years, seems to really only book acts that either have new albums coming out in the coming weeks or, if an album is older, have a song or two that are blowing up (as was the case with someone like Of Monsters and Men in April). And let's be real, I don't see Green Day having a hit this summer =/

:lol: Yes, I am

tumblr_lcge86Mjzf1qf1n0vo1_400.png

I just have the picture of Billie and the Lonely Island (And probably Mike, Tre, and anyone else from Green Day) just walking through the streets like "We run this" for the music video and Billie tries to act all cool/gansta when his part comes up XD

I just have the picture of Billie and the Lonely Island (And probably Mike, Tre, and anyone else from Green Day) just walking through the streets like "We run this" for the music video and Billie tries to act all cool/gansta when his part comes up XD

I think that's the idea that everyone has

That reminds me of when the three of them walk through that club in the Kill The DJ video clip. There's one little part where he has the biggest smug look on his face, like he's king.

Must watch that video now.. just for that.

Downloads aren't allowed here as it's copyrighted, have to find it elsewhere.

Oh, bollocks, I forgot. ;-; Thanks anyway!

That would be amazing, wouldn't it? I would love them to inch closer to being members of the Five Timers Club.

While I haven't watched SNL since Norm McDonald was the weekend update host but isnt the five timer club just for hosts or are musical guests included as well?

While I haven't watched SNL since Norm McDonald was the weekend update host but isnt the five timer club just for hosts or are musical guests included as well?

Technically, yes :lol: (which I find bullshit, especially when you have an episode, as you did with this season finale with Ben Affleck and Kanye West, where both host and musical guest are making their fifth appearance, the first fifth appearance for an African-American, at that, but you only talk about the host, but I digress). I should have clarified that it would be getting closer to a theoretical membership because SNL is dumb (yet I obsess over it :lol:).

Technically, yes :lol: (which I find bullshit, especially when you have an episode, as you did with this season finale with Ben Affleck and Kanye West, where both host and musical guest are making their fifth appearance, the first fifth appearance for an African-American, at that, but you only talk about the host, but I digress). I should have clarified that it would be getting closer to a theoretical membership because SNL is dumb (yet I obsess over it :lol:).

Lol i used to be an avid watcher during the early 90's the Sandler/Rock/Farley/McDonald eras after Norm quit i just lost interest I only watch now if there a musical guest I like is being featured

For those who care

It was produced by Chops and recorded in L.A. also it appers Billie sang what Lonely Island wrote as Billie doesn't have a writing credit

Just got the cd and it sounds better than itunes/amazonmp3 downloads

Haha I just now listened to it. Its catchy except but I don't like his how his part is like inclining, idk. :P Anything with his voice hahaha

This is how I wish his vocals would've been mixed on Nightlife, that's what makes the song irritating to me, not the song itself, still talking about Nightlife.

Its not my thing at all, but lonely island are huge and the fact they got BJ to do guest vocals is great for them :D

Oh my god! I'm totally obsessed with "I run NY", even if it's not my genre.....but Billie's voice is AWESOME.

That would be amazing, wouldn't it? I would love them to inch closer to being members of the Five Timers Club. Sadly, SNL, at least in recent years, seems to really only book acts that either have new albums coming out in the coming weeks or, if an album is older, have a song or two that are blowing up (as was the case with someone like Of Monsters and Men in April). And let's be real, I don't see Green Day having a hit this summer =/

:lol: Yes, I am

No, you're just realistic. :lol:

That reminds me of when the three of them walk through that club in the Kill The DJ video clip. There's one little part where he has the biggest smug look on his face, like he's king.

Must watch that video now.. just for that.

I kind of forgot that music video existed until about 30 seconds ago... :mellow:

Archived