Uno HDTracks Version

OneSongInFrench

I know recently we discussed on here the American Idiot HDTracks version, but I just saw on the site, there is now an Uno HD version. These are differently mixed/mastered than the iTunes/album version. I'm curious if anyone has this or listened to it what the real differences are? I can't buy 'em right now but i plan on it regardless just because i'm an audiophile.

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD093624947912

Mods sorry if this isn't thread worthy!

*EDIT* It would appear that the entire trilogy is available.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These aren't as good as AI.

That's what I was afraid of - seeing as the source material didn't have as much room for dynamic improvement the way that American Idiot did in my opinion.

I think the Trilogy should be mixed/mastered with that bigger Arena Rock feel, just to show people some of the songs could easily have been on AI/21CB if given the same treatment. Songs like Stay The Night, X-Kid and Missing You could have been just as "huge" sounding.

Well, the trilogy doesn't suffer so bad from bad conversions, and also their recording were more simple, so there is not much difference. Anyway, 21st CB is amazing. Good to hear some tasty bass there (:

Well, the trilogy doesn't suffer so bad from bad conversions, and also their recording were more simple, so there is not much difference. Anyway, 21st CB is amazing. Good to hear some tasty bass there (:

Oh awesome, I can't wait to hear the 21CB HD.

I have the Uno HDTracks and while they're are differences between them and the originals, its not as much as the American Idiot ones.

I have the Uno HDTracks and while they're are differences between them and the originals, its not as much as the American Idiot ones.

It'd be nice to run them through my pro tools rig and do a analysis on the frequencies, I'm curious as to what techniques could be done to the final masters to thicken them. I'm sure I could do something.

I listened to the AI version and while they were different, I really didn't prefer them over the original at all. To be honest, I'm not excited about these HD tracks in the least bit.

Clearly there is a difference, but most people won't be able to hear it on desktop/laptop speakers. I know with American Idiot there was so much more crisp and clarity that I heard, plus a few levels were changed making things more noticeable I'm more curious to hear 21CB and the Trilogy to see what was enhanced, if anything. Possible that the guitars are widened even more and that the bass will be extra "snappy"

Wow, this website really takes forever to load, doesn't it?

I'm still waiting on it and it's been 5 minutes.

EDIT: Can someone link me to the American Idiot one? I keep searching for it and nothing is coming up.

Wow, this website really takes forever to load, doesn't it?

I'm still waiting on it and it's been 5 minutes.

EDIT: Can someone link me to the American Idiot one? I keep searching for it and nothing is coming up.

Can't share the files because they are copyrwritten and for sale (they are actual copies of the album.)

But I assure everyone, there is differences, it's just not enough for the average consumer to warrant the extra cash.

I honestly can't hear any difference at all.. I've only heard the previews, but still it sounds exactly the same to me.

For those of you saying you cannot hear a difference, you're essentially right. With American Idiot, the album was remastered all together, similar to the vinyl master from several years ago. AI came out during the "loudness" wars where all music was pushed as close to the wall as possible. Lots of over clipping in final mix downs. Sounds over compressed and blown out. With the AI remaster, everything was given some breathing room and you can hear every instrument more clearly. It sounds fantastic.

With 21CB, Uno, Dos, and Trè, these albums were not pushed to the limit in loudness quite like AI was, so there's no need to put out a 192khz/24bit version of the material, as a 92khz version sounds just fine.

I've downloaded the 21CB version and there's a lot more headroom in the tracks and a few things sound clearer. But there isn't an overwhelming need to do it like what was done with AI.

Edit: I've gotten my hands on ¡Uno! now and I've listened more closely to 21CB.... I take back everything I said. These versions are so much better. I, personally, can hear a difference in ¡Uno!.

I've downloaded the 21CB version and there's a lot more headroom in the tracks and a few things sound clearer. But there isn't an overwhelming need to do it like what was done with AI.

That alone makes me want to get the 21CB, I'm always looking for the chance to hear even a slight difference.

I mean, look at the difference here with East Jesus Nowhere. The top is the cd-ripped mp3, the bottom is the FLAC file from HDTracks. HUGE difference. The FLAC version has much more breathing room and more dynamics, which allows for a more fresh and clean sound.

Click for a larger version:

ZFX629al.jpg

Wonderful, see that's what I like to see in a production. I am not a fan of brick walling and limiting the audio to hell and back, I like a little overhead, some organic sounds.

Now let's wait until next year when (hopefully) a remastered version of Dookie is released for its 20th birthday.

Now let's wait until next year when (hopefully) a remastered version of Dookie is released for its 20th birthday.

I don't really see a need for these albums to 'hear everything clearer'. With the Rockband multitracks, I listen to each instrument by itself-nothing clearer than that. Btw, where can I find the remixes that you did a few years ago?

Archived