Green Day remixing trilogy guitars

jacknovella

If billie keeps teasing us like this and we don't officially hear anything about this i'm going to be real pissed haha.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New picture just posted on Instagram from Billie in the studio again :D

http://instagram.com/p/YwBgfoJFSB/

I think this pic confirms it...whatever they're up to, it's something, and it is meant to be heard by the public at some point. It seems highly unlikely to m that they would keep sharing these teaser pics of working on "new guitar" remixes if they didn't plan on sharing them in some form with the public. I doubt they would be sharing all this relatively descriptive info if they were just messing around in the studio.

I really hope we get to hear the remixes, though I don't see why he would post all these pictures without us being able to at least hear some of it

If Billie doesn't make the remixes public, he would be the biggest tease known to man. I'm very sure it will be released somehow in some form.

I just love the way the guitars sound in the trilogy, but after a while they give me a headache which is odd. I think if they just captured them a little bit more raw it would be just perfect. Wow! Thats Loud is a perfect example of overproduction and getting puched in the face by just how awesome it sounds.

i don't know exactly how twitter and instagram and the like work, but couldn't just anybody ask "what are you doing there?"

i don't know exactly how twitter and instagram and the like work, but couldn't just anybody ask "what are you doing there?"

He wouldn't necessarily answer, people have definitely asked already

maybe he's making "green day rockabye baby" himself ;)

He wouldn't necessarily answer, people have definitely asked already

yah, that was the most plausible thought of mine as well, but i wasn't sure, you never know about people...

Mike is the only one replying and you have to post your question in the 10 mins after he posted. gonna try to ask him what's going on. But Billie RARELY reply.

Here's a question - if the entire trilogy is remixed with a 'rawer' sound in high fidelity, would you fork out the $30 or whatever for it and, more importantly, will is replace the original trilogy for you?

I would re-buy it hoping its just 1 cd with a regular price $15 at the most. And no it would not replace the original trilogy as I don't believe they will remix all the songs

I still dont get how the trilogy is over produced... when compared to 21st or even AI its nowhere near over produced

what a tease! i haven't seen billie reply to anyone on any of his pictures in a few months at least, mike needs to post something so people can ask him instead haha. i'm excited hear these.

i remember Billie posted some flower emoticons once. :lol: it's all i remember. but Mike reply a looooot! :D so someone need to ask him. i'm gonna stalk his instagram every minutes :lol:

I still dont get how the trilogy is over produced... when compared to 21st or even AI its nowhere near over produced

agreed, but who am I to say anything, I know nothing about music production

i think he's using floyd, i hope so. hence the #floyd the same guitar he used on american idiot and 21st century breakdown

i think he's using floyd, i hope so. hence the #floyd the same guitar he used on american idiot and 21st century breakdown

That only means one thing. :shifty: Billie is pretty much saying " JUST KIDDING, were still political! " , and now they're going to re-release the entire trilogy with political versions of the same songs.

Thus pissing off 3/4's of their fan base. :ninja:

I really hope Dream Catcher will be included on this release. (then again, if they will.)

My only real issue with the production is the EQ on some songs and the compression on a lot of the harmonies. Otherwise it sounds kickass. Play it all, play it LOUD. It sounds fucking good loud.

That only means one thing. :shifty: Billie is pretty much saying " JUST KIDDING, were still political! " , and now they're going to re-release the entire trilogy with political versions of the same songs.

Thus pissing off 3/4's of their fan base. :ninja:

in my belief they ARE political already ;)

I don't get why anyone is opposed to this...if you like the trilogy as is, then you don't have to listen to the remixes (if they get released, that is). I don't see the problem with it, they have a few months between tours so why not do something productive? I for one am in favor and would love to hear different guitars on the songs. Also, this might be a sign of the kind of music we could be expecting from them next....

one funny thing is, and it doesn't even matter if they're commercial or not, we as fans or "the audience" just may take the music given by green day to us.

it's not, that we can't say "it would be better that way" but it won't ever change anything, i guess. would you want to tell an author to change his or her novel?

being a stranger to them, you even more lack the chance to influence something directly. the other way around, they influenced me much more in many kind of ways.

i'm glad they feed us every now and then, and that we may live on all the older stuff as well.

http://instagram.com/p/YwBgfoJFSB/

Ok I know that something is happening. This is way to much teasing.

Saw that on my facebook feed. When I saw the DRB hastag, only thing I could think of was the "original" DRB, the one without Julianna Homicide mixed in. One can dream

My only real issue with the production is the EQ on some songs and the compression on a lot of the harmonies. Otherwise it sounds kickass. Play it all, play it LOUD. It sounds fucking good loud.

I can agree with that but doesn't really equal overproduce like some accuses the album to be

I doubt they will put out just a remixed single. Singles are supposed to promote albums. They can't release one version to promote a different version of that song on an album.

It's funny, because that's whats on the Brain Stew, Geek Stink Breath, Prosthetic Head, and Last of the American Girl singles.

I can agree with that but doesn't really equal overproduce like some accuses the album to be

If anything I feel it's underproduced (I'm not referring the songs by the way, I think the songs chosen are perfect). But that's an explanation for another thread.

Archived