Green Day remixing trilogy guitars

jacknovella

I'd love to get some trilogy songs with remixed guitars. But I think that they should remix the drums as well while they're at it, some songs sound to me like if Tré is drumming on a coffee table or something.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest, these guys are the ultimate tease when it comes to even the possibility of new material...and its fucking with my head now!

The amount of speculation going on here is absolutely immense. Some of these ideas seem like they're being picked right out of thin air.

The amount of speculation going on here is absolutely immense. Some of these ideas seem like they're being picked right out of thin air.

Welcome to GDC :)

I'd love to get some trilogy songs with remixed guitars. But I think that they should remix the drums as well while they're at it, some songs sound to me like if Tré is drumming on a coffee table or something.

really? I think the drums are perfect, so powerful makes it feel like you're in the room with tre

really? I think the drums are perfect, so powerful makes it feel like you're in the room with tre

Yeah, I think that they are extremely flat and a bit too loud. I like good drum sound but that doesn't sound good and I can't help thinking about it because it's so up front in the mix.

I really like the sound of the drums of Brutal Love, I'd want for them to a sound a bit more like that on some other songs

Welcome to Green Day Community. Where the stories are over-hyped and the comments don't matter.

the drums on lazy bones need to more like the drums on brutal love IMO

Welcome to Green Day Community. Where the stories are over-hyped and the comments don't matter.

I just read that like Drew Carey from Whose Line is It Anways? :D

I doubt they will put out just a remixed single. Singles are supposed to promote albums. They can't release one version to promote a different version of that song on an album.

I just read that like Drew Carey from Whose Line is It Anways? :D

That was the point ha

I doubt they will put out just a remixed single. Singles are supposed to promote albums. They can't release one version to promote a different version of that song on an album.

They can, it's been done many times before (by other artists, not Green Day).

We have one of those. We like to call it "the trilogy". :lol:

This is true, except for possible golden gems that never made it into the trilogy, or even stuff that didn't get released (ie wasn't there stuff they played live in 2010 and never ever made it into the albums?), I'd rather hear that than a trilogy remix album, but that's just me.

===================================

I'm going to make a point here that I tried to make earlier that completely got taken wrong, because some people think that I think only my opinion matters because I was casting a different one to many others.

Music is ART. There's only so much you can do to achieve perfection as it is all entirely subjective. While it is a pursuit you shouldn't need to revisit something once it's done and dusted, particularly if it had a lot of work and revising beforehand let alone an entire documentary recording it all. You could think "it would be better" but again this is all subjective, and while I actually think it would be interesting to have a few songs from the trilogy having a better sound, this doesn't need to happen. I'm not entirely against the idea and it is their music but to me, the trilogy is out, it's done, people liked it, some didn't. La di fucking da. You don't see any of the other music being revisited because it's done, move along.

Art isn't spent continuously revisiting stuff (and I know this personally as I look at my own art and while I only like it so much there are people that like that stuff and tampering with it to my own personal degree could ruin it's credibility somewhat). I don't question Billie or the production crew's abilities but to me the trilogy is fine the way it is (deal with my opinion, you fuck) and it's time for more music from either stuff that never made it to the surface or something entirely fresh. If a remixed EP or album gets released I might like it as much as anyone else but I'm not holding my breath until something completely able to top DRB or (my new song with someone hence very I don't want to hear another version of it) Brutal Love comes along, and that's a fucking high bar.

I think the albums have a great drum sound. Carpe Diem, X-Kid, Kill The DJ, Wow! That's Loud, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Stay The Night, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Makeout Party...they did a great job capturing drums on these records (but then again, they've always been pretty good at making the drums sound nice and big).

Don't get me wrong I know they wouldn't have released them unless they thought they were perfect,

Yes they would've. They're a massively popular mainstream rock band. They write songs, then they work with the sound guys to get a super-produced sound they can go with.

They can, it's been done many times before (by other artists, not Green Day).

Yep. Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode is a full two minutes longer on the album, the new Misfits released a raw, awesome version of Land of the Dead to promote the compressed-as-hell version on The Devil's Rain. For the record, I like the new Misfits, I'm just a little embarrassed that I do.

the beatles did; a different mix of Revolution was the b-side to Hey Jude

I think they should just re-do the whole trilogy with some sort of genre experimentation like other bands do, such as Weezer and Fall Out Boy had done, incorporating electronic and rap artists. Well, that's my opinion. Remix of guitars wouldn't actually change stuff a lot.

I think they should just re-do the whole trilogy with some sort of genre experimentation like other bands do, such as Weezer and Fall Out Boy had done, incorporating electronic and rap artists. Well, that's my opinion. Remix of guitars wouldn't actually change stuff a lot.

you could do that with your own music, if you like, no offense meant. wait a minute.. did you mention rap artists? have you listened to the entire trilogy?

the success of weezer is .. well.. they.. it's not only about success of course, but for me the newer stuff is .. not so good.

i was wondering, whether anyone here ever would have thought about or at least would have uttered their complaint or their discontent, if there hadn't been the suggestive photo and news.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post-Pinkerton Weezer and Fall Out Boy are terrible barometers for quality music.

I doubt this will go on sale or become available. But that's just me. Maybe he will give the downloads to people who ordered the ultimate box-set! (Like I Did! Ha!)

for me the following idea is fun, yet pretty absurd: green day (or billie joe): "we are still struggling, that the innovation, the fun and the hard work, we put in the trilogy, didn't meet the (financial) success

we wanted. but hey.. why don't we just put some more hard work into another trilogy, it's pretty much the same, but it's reee-mixed."

what xjackyx said is quite interesting. in former times across music business, there was more of this diy work ethic, being playful about things,

taking actio, forming ideas and so on. it's like candy, if you want some, for the fans ;)

it's far less a consumable thing.

New picture just posted on Instagram from Billie in the studio :D

The first thing that came to mind upon seeing that pic was how awesome a first-person POV Green Day video game would be :D

Archived