Green Day remixing trilogy guitars

jacknovella

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was an album full of b-sides, various mixes and rejected tracks, yes, but a fully remixed ¡UNO!, ¡DOS! and ¡TRÉ!?

NO.

And frankly, I hope not. What people need to realise is while people have mixed feelings on the album, I don't think it needs to be revisited. It's perfect the way it is and if you just go back and teeth at it there's a chance you could make it lose its integrity. I love it the way it is, but maybe that's just me, especially ¡TRÉ! — everything on that album is perfect.

I'm interested to see how this will turn out. I like the idea of this being for some kind of EP or something that they can use to re-promote the trilogy because it quite frankly needs more love in that department. A new release would have a nice comeback splash to it, even though they've already come back.

But like most people said, I just hope we get to hear what they're doing at all. Maybe they could be all avant garde and release the songs as free downloads one every two weeks or so? :whistle

someone asked if we would be willing to pay for this and, while my fiance disagrees, I say YES. I paid for ISH and ISV, I'd really enjoy a ISH 2, especially if it includes singles from AI, 21st, and remixed trilogy tracks but, more importantly, NEW B-sides from the trilogy sessions. Or maybe include these tracks on Cinco, a live album with remixed bonus track sections.

The guitar sounds on the trilogy did nothing for me. Would love them AI style. Also Billie's voice in AI (especially in BIAB) was amazing , now there's just something off about it. It's higher or something.. But there's probably not much he can do about that now..

At first I thought best of the trilogy, remixed, now I think they might just be for single releases. But who knows, given how the tour and promotion cycle didn't turn out as planned, we're in an unprecedented situation as to how this will go. Warner will presumably be looking to make some money back, bands don't usually go out on tour without something to promote, single re-releases nearer the big stadium/headlining gigs would make sense.

It would seem odd that they wouldn't be satisfied with the results of the trilogy, since IIRC Billie-Joe said the band wanted to release the three within a much shorter space of time than Warner did, implying that they felt it was good to go, but maybe Warner has said "we need to re-release it somehow" and they've thought of remixing it as a way to do that.

I love the trilogy guitar tone, gives a real surf and beach kinda vibe. although it would be interesting to hear dirtier versions of the songs

in a way i hope they dont put the remixes on to a cd as a realse just becuse it will kinda feel like they rushed the original songs and now there charging us to hear the Real versions of them .. but i wouldnt mind paying again it just depends on what there actually doing

What people need to realise is while people have mixed feelings on the album, I don't think it needs to be revisited.

>What people need to realise is while people have mixed feelings on the album, it's mine that count.

Who are you to tell people what they want? That's the government's job.

I'd be so happy if they released Dreamcatcher with this :wub: Most certainly not gonna happen, but a man can dream! I hope the songs will sound rawer, more live-like. Maybe they should re-record SWTRLF and make it faster.

The part I dislike about this is that... they said they always make sure everything is perfect and there's nothing they think they could have done better. Well, looks like this time they couldn't. But in fact this is a minor thing.

On a final note, maybe this is what they were really waiting for before playing more trilogy songs. I'm expecting this to be released soon and Green Day to play more trilogy songs as soon as they carry on witht he tour.

EDIT: Sorry for double post, I wasn't aware GDC no longer has autoedit to prevent multiple posting.

I love the trilogy guitar tone, gives a real surf and beach kinda vibe. although it would be interesting to hear dirtier versions of the songs

Totally agree, I love the vintage sound. It was amazing to hear it live too!

>What people need to realise is while people have mixed feelings on the album, it's mine that count.

Who are you to tell people what they want? That's the government's job.

Pardon me for getting my words wrong (Hello, I am AUTISTIC), and since it's such a big deal to you that I got the wrong point across while my brain is more burnt than a cat on a hot tin roof hit by a spunk-covered meteorite, I have edited it to make it sound like what I was trying to say. Hope I satisfied your arbitrary delights.

Pardon me for getting my words wrong (Hello, I am AUTISTIC), and since it's such a big deal to you that I got the wrong point across while my brain is more burnt than a cat on a hot tin roof hit by a spunk-covered meteorite, I have edited it to make it sound like what I was trying to say. Hope I satisfied your arbitrary delights.

Sorry to hear that but it really has nothing to do with anything, he wasn't attacking you because of how you worded your opinion, he was disagreeing with the opinion in general.

Sorry to hear that but it really has nothing to do with anything, he wasn't attacking you because of how you worded your opinion, he was disagreeing with the opinion in general.

And yet he made me sound like a brutal authoritarian thunderwank. >_>

Anyway, that's what I think. But I mostly say that out of how much I like the albums despite its flaws.

EDIT: Also, did it not occur to anyone that they may not release these mixes? Billie may be playing about but it doesn't mean that an album will come out. People can hope though.

I don't think they will do a best of for the trilogy, but I do think they could re-release a few songs as singles in a couple EP's with a few b-sides included. And I wouldn't even be opposed to a re-mixing of the whole trilogy. Artists do it all the time, many years later they will even go back and add guitar tracks to beef them up. I think releasing a best of compromises the integrity of the trilogy. The songs he made hastags with looked like single material, so my best guess EP singles for almost all of those songs.

For B-sides I'd like to hear that song that starts when billie is surfing at the begginning of Cuatro, Olivia, Dream Catcher, Oh Girl, and maybe a studio version of Cigarettes and Valentines. Not the whole album. Just the song. But I do believe they should just leak the whole album some day, or just add the few of the best unreleased songs as part of EP's or compilation albums. A warner release of the whole album is not necessary. I don't want to hear changed versions of songs that ended up on AI and the trilogy. We have heard some of the songs anyway on the deluxe AI album. They aren't that great, just decent b-sides. I am most excited about the remixes of the trilogy. They just didn't quite have that punch of past green day songs. A lot of the songs just copied older songs and because they lacked that punch they just sounded weird. I do however like a good chunk of the trilogy as it is and don't think it is necessary to remix all of it, even tho I wouldn't be opposed to doing so. A hand full of songs from Uno and Dos could use upgraded, while just a few from tre could use upgrades as well.

It'll be cool if they just release them as a little side thing or whatever, but I don't know, like others have said I feel like if they do a "best-of" style album it'll just undermine the idea of the trilogy in the first place.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a best-of album because I like how the production sounds on the trilogy, and to me it would be a bit silly to spend more money on the same songs that just have different sounding guitars or whatever.

don't let them get to you. everyone makes mistakes, youre human :)

If it was an album full of b-sides, various mixes and rejected tracks, yes, but a fully remixed ¡UNO!, ¡DOS! and ¡TRÉ!?

NO.

And frankly, I hope not. What people need to realise is while people have mixed feelings on the album, I don't think it needs to be revisited. It's perfect the way it is and if you just go back and teeth at it there's a chance you could make it lose its integrity. I love it the way it is, but maybe that's just me, especially ¡TRÉ! — everything on that album is perfect.

NO. They may release an album of b-sides, various mixes and rejected tracks, but they wouldn't just throw in remixes with that. That doesn't make any sense, I've never seen anything like that before. I agree with you there. However, I do feel Tre is a little over-produced. Uno was a little bit over produced, and Dos was all-around disappointing. They kept talking about how they wanted a raw-live sounding album, but what we got were a bunch of good songs, but they're completely round. I like the jagged edges

While this does have me wondering what they'll do with these mixes and whether or not we'll ever hear them, I can only think "Oh god...more money to spend on GD perhaps?" :lol:

While this does have me wondering what they'll do with these mixes and whether or not we'll ever hear them, I can only think "Oh god...more money to spend on GD perhaps?" :lol:

I'm up for it!

Also, kick ass signature ;)

I'm up for it!

Also, kick ass signature ;)

Oh ho thank you :D:shifty:

I love Muse so much

:ninja:

Archived