Green Day remixing trilogy guitars

jacknovella

In all honesty I think I am more critical of those who continually yearn for Green Day's old sound. It was made for those songs, putting Dookie sound into the trilogy doesn't make sense. I am excited to hopefully hear (if released) whatever Green Day is remixing, because the trilogy was great... How could it be better? Eargasm

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like appreciating wine...some people can't tell the difference between Boone's Farm and the good stuff. But those who can oftentimes take it very seriously.

Yep

As a guitarist its' easy to spot the differences in guitars/amps/outboard effects...it's harder to hear double-tracking vs quad tracking etc but tones are easy to separate I really want to hear the trilogy with a more polished sound. Not Dookie, not ..anything but more full. Some kind of thicker, higher gain sound.

Hmm... maybe they're teaming up with a rapper to do a Numb/Encore type album.

I kid of course... But imagine how awesome Nightlife would sound with a REAL rapper on it.

So guitar experts, clear this up for me please, what exactly could they change if they remix the guitar sounds? (sorry if this is a stupid question)

i can't wait to hear what the songs sound like and see what they did differently!

i'm thinking that maybe they're doing this to keep up the momentum of the Trilogy. if they release it as an EP or something people my see it and feel more compelled to pick it up then they would 3 separate albums(i'm talking about random people roaming the CD isle) plus since green day didn't do a lot of promotion once the Trilogy came out this may be a way to re-amp it up a little and make people notice it again

So guitar experts, clear this up for me please, what exactly could they change if they remix the guitar sounds? (sorry if this is a stupid question)

Depending on how they do it, the sound will most likely be more...filling. The guitars have a lead of headroom that the drums/bass and vocals take up in the Trilogy. Meaning they are pushed forward in the mix more, with the effects (like the tape delay on Billie's vocals)...if they redo the guitars heavier, or more "modern rock" it will take up more space, and sound like more than just one guitar on each speaker. That "wall of guitar sound" that was really started back on Metalilca's the Black Album. Listen to when American idiot kicks in, you'll know.

I hope they remix Amy and See You Tonight. Give the guitars a stereo sound, if you know what I mean.

They could really do anything. If they're just remixing they can do a lot of things. but if they re-record those guitar tracks? It could change the entire song. I make music at home and just via a VST plugin on FL Studio, picking the right guitar tone can make or break a song.

Plus, they might beef up the bass in a few tracks as well. BJA wasn't in his best shape when recording this trilogy so I wouldn't be too surprised if a clear headed BJA heard the albums and had a change of heart.

They could really do anything. If they're just remixing they can do a lot of things. but if they re-record those guitar tracks? It could change the entire song. I make music at home and just via a VST plugin on FL Studio, picking the right guitar tone can make or break a song.

Plus, they might beef up the bass in a few tracks as well. BJA wasn't in his best shape when recording this trilogy so I wouldn't be too surprised if a clear headed BJA heard the albums and had a change of heart.

We dont know what his shape was like in Cautro he didnt seem off

We dont know what his shape was like in Cautro he didnt seem off

BJA has stated multiple times that he wasn't in great shape when recording the trilogy. It wouldn't be surprising if they cut out the really "off" shots for Cuatro.

Anyways, I'm really hoping that my original idea is correct, as I'd be pleased to no end if we got to hear some of those B-Sides. What's with this group, do they ever stop with the hype?!!?!

I think there's some wishful thinking and projecting going on in this thread :P. Just because some fans didn't like the fact that they put out three albums instead of one, or the production style, it doesn't mean the band share your opinion. If they weren't happy with those albums, or two thirds of the songs on them, they wouldn't have released them.

If they release an album of remixes it won't be because they weren't happy with the Trilogy or to "redo it". Going backwards like that isn't their style, it would make it look like they weren't confident about the music they just released which would be lame, and imo it would be weaker as an album without that cool concept and three varieties of songs to choose from you get from the getting ready for the party/powerpop of Uno, the party/garagy sound of Dos and then the reflective aftermath of Tre anyway. Nah, I think if they release a remix album it'll just be to try something different with the songs for fun! Wanting to experiment with them in different ways doesn't mean they're not happy with the originals. Just means they're trying stuff out and being creative.

I certainly hope we get to hear some of them! Could be really interesting.

Billie said he was mostly clean when they did the albums. He hit he bottle again after his aunt passed away.

Billie said he was mostly clean when they did the albums. He hit he bottle again after his aunt passed away.

I recall him saying he was on different medications throughout the recording process, but none of this is really relevant to the discussion.

I could see them doing a best of the trilogy cd like someone on here suggested

I could see them doing a best of the trilogy cd like someone on here suggested

I don't. It would completely undermine the entire process they just went through releasing 3 albums. And I highly doubt Warner would be on board, if anything they'd probably want to release another greatest hits comp, if that's even a thing in today's music industry.

I seriously think this is just Billie fucking around. And if it's not, then the next logical explanation, in my opinion, is them remixing the songs for single re-releases that will come out when they hit the road again.

I don't. It would completely undermine the entire process they just went through releasing 3 albums. And I highly doubt Warner would be on board, if anything they'd probably want to release another greatest hits comp, if that's even a thing in today's music industry.

I seriously think this is just Billie fucking around. And if it's not, then the next logical explanation, in my opinion, is them remixing the songs for single re-releases that will come out when they hit the road again.

Thank you for having the same opinion as me. I could although see a small EP with maybe 5 remixed songs being released...

Warner will be QUICK to release a one disc if it think it'll sell and make money to replace the money they lost agreeing to the trilogy

Warner always been a label like Universal to issue a "best of" on albums series

Warner will be QUICK to release a one disc if it think it'll sell and make money to replace the money they lost agreeing to the trilogy

Did they really lose any money though? I know they didn't make a whole lot, but I don't think they lost any.

It would be gross and make the band look pathetic though :sick:. And I can't really see it, if they did a best of it'd be more lucrative to do one with songs from American Idiot and 21st CB and some of the non albums singles they've had in the last decade included I'm sure.

But is a best of even a way to make money nowadays? Anyone can go on iTunes and make their own greatest hits compilation now.

Hopefully laying down new guitar tracks for the remixes means they might actually re-learn some other trilogy songs for the tour...... wishful thinking

But is a best of even a way to make money nowadays? Anyone can go on iTunes and make their own greatest hits compilation now.

I guess it is or bands wouldn't still release them.

But things are getting a bit off topic here (and I'm partly to blame :P). Let's try and keep posts related to the topic of remixes.

Thank you for having the same opinion as me. I could although see a small EP with maybe 5 remixed songs being released...

Ahh that would be awesome!

Archived