Green Day remixing trilogy guitars

jacknovella

I know I'm in the minority when I say that I'm perfectly fine with the way the guitars are mixed on the final albums.

If they want to thicken the sound of the songs (when they're really not that thin at all) there's a lot more to it than just turning the volume up on the guitar. Decompressing the vocals and re-balancing the drum/bass mixes would be a great start.

You're not completely alone there. I actually enjoy the really clean guitars because it is such a different sound compared to their older stuff.

I'm just excited about this because I'm selfish and want something to partake in besides instagram photos. :lol:

i'd bet on a new album... with some songs remixed and some b-sides

SHUT YOUR MOUTH RIGHT NOW. YOU'RE GETTING ME WAY TOO EXCITED.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, it's cool that they're doing remixes and all, but they didn't even promote the Trilogy the REGULAR way, so what's the point?

Sure, it's cool that they're doing remixes and all, but they didn't even promote the Trilogy the REGULAR way, so what's the point?

they just want to have some fun

they just want to have some fun

I'm not disputing that. I wish they would promote it regularly though while they have some free time now.

I'll still check them out when released.

Cinco:

1. 99 Revolutions

2. State of Shock

3. Hello Firecracker

4. Gabriella

5. Missing You

6. Satellite

7. Stray Heart

8. I'm Alright

9. Dream catcher

10. Stay the Night

Cinco:

1. 99 Revolutions

2. State of Shock

3. Hello Firecracker

4. Gabriella

5. Missing You

6. Satellite

7. Stray Heart

8. I'm Alright

9. Dream catcher

10. Stay the Night

I wish... :lol:

Seriously stop posting dookiefied shit (it's insulting tbh and not good). Running zero tone on a Jb pup with a muddy amp was dookie, leave it alone. I don't mean to be all rant-like, but when billie's fucking around in the studio, he's not taking blue and running it through his PETE amp. He uses P90 equipped guitars, juniors, specials, customs, es, Gretsch, etc. The most out of this we will see will be him reinventing and tweaking his Marshall tone, Vox cleans, and his live sound (which saying that this album was produced too much is dumb in it of itself, because very little was...compare to AI and 21cb). And maybe we will get him to use his voice in a different way like he did for earlier albums, or something new.

Holy SHIT are you mad.

Cinco:

1. 99 Revolutions

2. State of Shock

3. Hello Firecracker

4. Gabriella

5. Missing You

6. Satellite

7. Stray Heart

8. I'm Alright

9. Dream catcher

10. Stay the Night

Dreamcatcher <333

maybe they are going to release (and promote) a "best of" the trilogy album and they are doing some re-recording of a couple of the songs to make them sound more cohesive when put together as 1 album?

It would be pretty sweet if they put together one album out of the three like a lot of people were saying they should have done, but with completely remixed guitars and sound. Very wishful thinking, I know.

Say they remix Dirty Rotten Bastards.... is it out of the question for them to re-add the removed verses for that song we saw from the Cuatro lyric sheet pics..?

I don't think they can make 99 Revolutions sound like a good song…

maybe they are going to release (and promote) a "best of" the trilogy album and they are doing some re-recording of a couple of the songs to make them sound more cohesive when put together as 1 album?

It's probably this.

So if they do make "one big album", what songs do you think will be on it?

Uno - Nuclear Family, Stay The Night, Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go, Kill The DJ, Oh Love

Dos - Fuck Time, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Wild One, Stray Heart, Wow! That's Loud

Tre - Brutal Love, Drama Queen, X-Kid, Dirty Rotten Bastards, 99 Revolutions

16 Songs seems reasonable.

i'd bet on a new album... with some songs remixed and some b-sides

Why do I feel like you may be right?! O_o I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Cinco (is that how it's spelled?) with remixed trilogy tracks and a few B-Sides. This would let the group push singles as if they were "new" tracks, possibly saving the trilogy promotion. Plus it wouldn't cost them a fortune as I suspect most of the tracks are recorded and just need to be finished mixing/remixed.

I'm excited to no end.

Cinco:

1. 99 Revolutions

2. State of Shock

3. Hello Firecracker

4. Gabriella

5. Missing You

6. Satellite

7. Stray Heart

8. I'm Alright

9. Dream catcher

10. Stay the Night

but...but..."Oh Girl"? :(

Am I the only one who can't really tell the difference between the guitars on all the albums? I mean other than acoustic and electric. Not like specific brands though.

Uno - Nuclear Family, Stay The Night, Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go, Kill The DJ, Oh Love

Dos - Fuck Time, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Wild One, Stray Heart, Wow! That's Loud

This, minus Carpe Diem, plus Lazy Bones. And you've got a perfect "one big album" in my opinion

This is just speculation but let's have some fun...say Green Day was a little (or more than a little) unhappy with how the whole Trilogy release went down in light of certain events (no need to rehash here, obviously). They, like many of us, would be frustrated with the lack of attention and promotion the trilogy had received as a result, and perhaps they weren't 100% thrilled with the sound on some of the songs. They have a few weeks before the European tour, so why not hit the studio, mess around with some of the songs a little bit, and if they like the results...well, there's a chance they could re-release this stuff, really catch the public's attention and properly promote the material, and then tour behind it this summer in Europe and again this fall in the U.S. They could re-release Stray Heart and release Stay the Night as proper radio singles and finally get some legs under the Trilogy. Most importantly, they would finally be able to get this material out there with proper promotion and a full touring cycle behind it. I think it would be a great approach, and this could end up being a brilliant idea. Just speculation, but seems perfectly reasonable. I'm getting excited thinking about it.

Am I the only one who can't really tell the difference between the guitars on all the albums? I mean other than acoustic and electric. Not like specific brands though.

If you are a guitar nut you can not every guitar has the same sound a Fender Strat doesnt sound the same as a Gibson Les Paul but average listener cant really tell

All the guitars I can pick out bring different. Being a Live sound tech and guitar tech for my band its pretty easy for me.

If you are a guitar nut you can not every guitar has the same sound a Fender Strat doesnt sound the same as a Gibson Les Paul but average listener cant really tell

It's like appreciating wine...some people can't tell the difference between Boone's Farm and the good stuff. But those who can oftentimes take it very seriously.

Archived