Green Day remixing trilogy guitars

jacknovella

My guess: Before the end of the month, we will see a digitally-released 7 song EP that contains 6 trilogy remixes and a NEW track, which will be the new single.

Great now I'm anticipating something (not exactly sure what) that may or may not be real that might come out soon. Why god? Why?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why? The band must not like the song since it didn't make the final 37-song cut. If it didn't make the trilogy, it must not be as good as we think it is.

From Cuatro, we can see that it was one of the songs considered.

Sometimes songs aren't cut because the band doesn't like them. Sometimes it's because the song just doesn't fit in with the rest, sometimes it's just due to length. Or....the song could be withheld to be released later.....as a single!!!!!!!

It would make a lot of sense if they release a EP with some unreleased songs. Maybe Gabriella or a longer version of DRB. Maybe they won't release anything.

Sometimes songs aren't cut because the band doesn't like them. Sometimes it's because the song just doesn't fit in with the rest, sometimes it's just due to length. Or....the song could be withheld to be released later.....as a single!!!!!!!

As someone who has recorded an album, this ^^ times ten. Just because a song didn't make the cut does not mean in any way that it's not good.

I can't help but think you know something :shy:

That seems oddly specific for a guess.

Say they remix Dirty Rotten Bastards.... is it out of the question for them to re-add the removed verses for that song we saw from the Cuatro lyric sheet pics..?

Is it out of the question? No.

But at the same time, that's not a remix. For all intents and purposes, that's a rerecording, because the rest of the band would have to come in and do their parts for the added sections. In that case, it would probably make more sense to redo the song from top to bottom. As cool as it would be, I think that scenario is unlikely.

Is it out of the question? No.

But at the same time, that's not a remix. For all intents and purposes, that's a rerecording, because the rest of the band would have to come in and do their parts for the added sections. In that case, it would probably make more sense to redo the song from top to bottom. As cool as it would be, I think that scenario is unlikely.

But the guitar tracks aren't being remixed, they're being rerecorded.

Nobody said that but fans.

Nobody said that but fans.

Havent you seen the instagram posts? It's pretty obvious he's rerecording

>holding a guitar means rerecording

There's about a million reasons to play a song while remixing it.

I never said they were being remixed. In fact, I think I've said a few pages back that this whole process isn't really remixing.

Except BJ himself said remixing. I would hope a man that has recorded 12+ albums would know the difference between recording and mixing.

My guess: Before the end of the month, we will see a digitally-released 7 song EP that contains 6 trilogy remixes and a NEW track, which will be the new single.

Deadline is fast approaching... :ermm:

It would be a huge shame if their next single was a new track, considering the fact that the trilogy has barely gotten any promotion.

If Jerry Finn didnt fuck it off in the mixing process I'd say Insomniac would be the best produced album of GD but the way Jerry buried the vocals kills it for me

Wow I feel like such a noob right now. I meant to say that Nimrod was possibly my favourite sounding album. Don't ask why I got the two mixed up, because I don't know. I'd say either Nimrod or AI/21CBD.

So I was thinking that maybe these remixes WERE just for live shows. The recent Rock am Ring footage gives us a much more raw and "nimrod/dookie" sound from the guitars. Just go listen to Stay the Night and you'll see what I mean.

So I was thinking that maybe these remixes WERE just for live shows. The recent Rock am Ring footage gives us a much more raw and "nimrod/dookie" sound from the guitars. Just go listen to Stay the Night and you'll see what I mean.

I'm not so sure, if Billie wants a rawer sound for the new songs all he would have to do is whip out blue and play the songs on whatever amp setting he uses for the older songs.. there would be no reason to use the word remix?

I'm not so sure, if Billie wants a rawer sound for the new songs all he would have to do is whip out blue and play the songs on whatever amp setting he uses for the older songs.. there would be no reason to use the word remix?

It is a remix, technically. The true meaning of remix is "re-mix." Re-mix the instruments. In this case, it would involve rerecording and remixing

It's possible that there still will be a new release, but I'm growing more doubtful every day. It's equally possible (and what I'm feeling is most likely) that they went into the studio to hear ahead of time how the songs would sound with those other guitar tones. When you are as big a band as Green Day , taking the chance on a song sounding right is a big gamble. Plus, Blue is tuned a half step down, something the trilogy is not.

It's possible that there still will be a new release, but I'm growing more doubtful every day. It's equally possible (and what I'm feeling is most likely) that they went into the studio to hear ahead of time how the songs would sound with those other guitar tones. When you are as big a band as Green Day , taking the chance on a song sounding right is a big gamble. Plus, Blue is tuned a half step down, something the trilogy is not.

Its not like it wouldn't take a minute to tune it in the studio though

Its not like it wouldn't take a minute to tune it in the studio though

that's why I'm saying they may have remixed it for live shows. That's why they played it all on the les pauls.

I don't think it's that kind of remix, I think it's more like changing the guitar sound of the songs :) It seems like Billie Joe has re-recorded his guitar parts for certain songs :)

maybe because it's a guitar remix :)

Hopefully they'll release a lo-fi, Kerplunk-esque album with a few of the songs from the trilogy!

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't be too bothered if nothing came from this, it's a shame that the trilogy never got a fair shot, but at least we still have it and love it.

Archived