Green Day remixing trilogy guitars

jacknovella

If anything I feel it's underproduced (I'm not referring the songs by the way, I think the songs chosen are perfect). But that's an explanation for another thread.

Yeah I get what you mean

Personally i love the production on the albums it's different from the rest of the past GD albums

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want a little more modern sounds. Like AI

I really enjoy the trilogy, but sometimes I think the guitars are... I don't know, too twang-y, if that makes sense. Pretty much all of the solos sound phenomenal, but most of the chords used for the other parts sound very light and poppy instead of heavy.

(I see myself as rather musically knowledgeable but I don't know all of these techy guitar terms, so it's entirely possible that I just repeated exactly what you guys have been saying all along, excuse me if that's the case. xP)

I have no knowledge of music or techy guitar terms, but what you said makes perfect sense to me. :lol: The twangy part. I was listening to some songs today and thinking that same word, to be honest!

i never get why the fuck you all care about promoting and commercial succes. let them have fun, let us have fun. they are millionaires, i dont care if they make more money. lets hear some good music, no matter if its popular or not. that is whats wrong today: if something is not loved by the masses it cant be good? theres no emberassment if you have weak sales (and the sales werent that bad btw!)...

if you tie you personal well being and your definition of success with the general taste and opinion you gonna have a bad time in life.

I never get why the fuck everyone has to be so confrontational all the damn time.

I wasn't saying they have to promote the trilogy for it to be good. Personally, I like the trilogy very much and I do think it is good. What I'm hoping is that the intent is a good one with these remixes, and not an intent to "rule the charts" or increase sales, like some people on here have suggested. If anything, I agreed with what you are saying in my previous post. If they're having fun, fine. But I'd say they're more than likely not just "doing this for fun." They're not playing the trilogy songs much and Billie said himself in the interview in Rolling Stone that he sometimes wishes they recorded the songs differently. There's a general air of uncertainty and lack of confidence surrounding the trilogy and I just don't want to see this remix thing as a "let's redo the trilogy since the sales sucked." (Because, let's face it, they did suck. I don't know how you can say they "weren't that bad.") I think it's disappointing the ORIGINAL songs aren't getting attention and promotion they deserve because they are good. I just don't want to see those original songs abandoned.

If that means "I gonna have a bad time in life," fuck it, I don't really care.

On a final note, maybe this is what they were really waiting for before playing more trilogy songs. I'm expecting this to be released soon and Green Day to play more trilogy songs as soon as they carry on witht he tour.

Can't believe nobody else has mentioned this yet. It actually makes a lot of sense. Good point. :happy: Whatever's going on right now just screams uncertainty about the trilogy (to me, anyway, whatever, disagree with me, I don't care), which echoes the attitude the setlists at the concerts have implied too. Interested in seeing how this all pans out in the end.

For all I know, we will get to hear the remixes.Let's just let them do their thing first.

you're completely right, the whole tour i've been thinking they seem really unsure of the trilogy and now that they're doing remixes it seems that way even more. it's a shame they don't seem to have confidence in these albums for whatever reason because most of them are amazing but if remixing them is going to restore their confidence in the new songs then i'm all for it.

Now they got me feeling all uncertain about it with this remixing shit going on! :lol: I know I'll love it, and then I'll feel guilty, because I'll feel like I'm betraying the originals.

you're completely right, the whole tour i've been thinking they seem really unsure of the trilogy and now that they're doing remixes it seems that way even more. it's a shame they don't seem to have confidence in these albums for whatever reason because most of them are amazing but if remixing them is going to restore their confidence in the new songs then i'm all for it.

I think they're probably just disappointed with how everything unfolded. It was a poor turn of events that really killed the Trilogy's momentum. I don't necessarily think that they're dissatisfied with the Trilogy as a whole, but I think maybe Billie is seeing the folly in trying to put out 3 albums at once.

I'm still calling it: some sort of EP to promote on the tour, maybe a new single or two.

i never get why the fuck you all care about promoting and commercial succes.

Because we like to see them have success. As simple as that.

i never get why the fuck you all care about promoting and commercial succes. let them have fun, let us have fun. they are millionaires, i dont care if they make more money. lets hear some good music, no matter if its popular or not. that is whats wrong today: if something is not loved by the masses it cant be good? theres no emberassment if you have weak sales (and the sales werent that bad btw!)...

if you tie you personal well being and your definition of success with the general taste and opinion you gonna have a bad time in life.

If they have weak sales that means the less they are able to do music wise label wont put as much money to promote the albums and on some cases gives labels more power to dictate what the band records

Also when it comes to booking shows for a tour the agents who book the banda also look at the current album sales if they're low or bad it's harder to book shows

So there's alot of reasons to care about record sales

Billie put it best in Quatro (Cuatro? Qwatrow?): "This isn't a fully thought out thing yet". The entire idea of the trilogy was risky in of itself, and I'm extremely sure that the guys knew this. Sure, no one could've imagined what would've happened in the sort of "trilogy era", but that's life.

If anything, I think this is just a way for the guys to mess around and experiment some more with what they already have. Maybe see what they could've done with some songs in relation to what made the albums.

But, the key word being experiment, I still don't see this as anything serious. Like I said earlier, it seems a bit silly to go and re-release some select songs with just production differences (which is totally jumping to conclusions on our part :lol: ) If anything, they're just fucking around in the studio with the material they already have and if they want us to hear it then they'll let us hear it.

He posted a photo on Instagram with the tags: #Floyd #Brutal and #Bastards
Brutal Love?
Dirty Rotten Bastards?

:=)

It looks like it's only Billie doing these remixes, the other guys are off doing their own thing.

The part I dislike about this is that... they said they always make sure everything is perfect and there's nothing they think they could have done better. Well, looks like this time they couldn't. But in fact this is a minor thing.

"Different" doesn't have to mean "better". Just because they want to try something new with the songs it doesn't mean they're not totally happy with the originals. Sometimes it's just fun to experiment and try something different. If they remix a song we can have two versions of the song that are both perfect in different ways :D

True, but I wouldn't want that to be the motivation for them to make/remake music. The music coming from an inspired place and being exactly what the band want it to be is number one. I don't think that would ever be the band's motivation, so it's just a little surprising that a few people appear to think it would.

They must surely be releasing these. They wouldn't be cock-teasing us otherwise.

He posted a photo on Instagram with the tags: #Floyd #Brutal and #Bastards

Brutal Love?

Dirty Rotten Bastards?

:=)

Maybe more like: Using floyd to make DRB more brutal :toocool:

Atleast that's what I wish :ninja:

True, but I wouldn't want that to be the motivation for them to make/remake music.

I never said it was. I was simply responding to the person's frustrations of people caring about the band succeeding

Billie put it best in Quatro (Cuatro? Qwatrow?): "This isn't a fully thought out thing yet"..

That was August 2011

I never said it was. I was simply responding to the person's frustrations of people caring about the band succeeding

Oh totally, I just mean that might be the reason they were frustrated.

At the rate he seems to be recording, the whole trilogy might just get new guitars.

I think that they only need to make the songs sound more raw. The songs are good, but the production made them not as good. Just compare Let Yourself Go studio version with Let Yourself Go live at Austin.

"Different" doesn't have to mean "better". Just because they want to try something new with the songs it doesn't mean they're not totally happy with the originals. Sometimes it's just fun to experiment and try something different. If they remix a song we can have two versions of the song that are both perfect in different ways :D

Yeah, and it's great because everyone will have a different favorite versions :D

Anyone thought maybe he's recording over Jason's parts lol

Anyone thought maybe he's recording over Jason's parts lol

Nop, 'cause BJ likes the way that Jason plays and how that adds a different felling to the songs. Also that would mean that he should do a lot of solos too.

In other side, this isn't a remix anymore, is more a kind of redo.

i like them to have success as well, never said anything different. it just shouldnt be an indicator if a record is good or not. the person i quoted spoke of a "failure"...

so excited :runaround:

i always said those songs are great but would sound 100 times better with a productiion like insomniac. i would never have hoped they would actually go in a similiar direction.

The production on insomniac is great, possibly my favourite sounding album!

The production on insomniac is great, possibly my favourite sounding album!

If Jerry Finn didnt fuck it off in the mixing process I'd say Insomniac would be the best produced album of GD but the way Jerry buried the vocals kills it for me

Archived