Green Day remixing trilogy guitars

jacknovella

Did they really lose any money though? I know they didn't make a whole lot, but I don't think they lost any.

For a label to make even on just a album cost a album has to go platinum which none of the trilogy has gone platinum (yes worldwide maybe the trilogy has gone platinun but Warner US doesnt count worldwide cause they dont get profits from outside the US)

And since GD doesnt have a 360 deal Warner only gets their money back by the album sales...

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wanting to experiment with them in different ways doesn't mean they're not happy with the originals. Just means they're trying stuff out and being creative.

I certainly hope we get to hear some of them! Could be really interesting.

One of the great things about the Trilogy is that it feels 'active' and open to more experimentation - these songs can be revisited and taken to different places. Whereas AI and 21CB are very much a finished product, with all of their potential realized, the Trilogy is loose and impressionistic and full of ideas to be explored.

I also feel like if they're 'beefing up' the sound, it may be with the live performances in mind - like, to give them that power that the likes of the AI songs have, so that they sit better with them in the set.

I tell you what is going on:

Bad sales for the trilogy. They redo the best songs, make a "best-off, remixed trilogy album" and rule the charts, because they are back to promote the shit out of it.

Let's hope at least some of it gets leaked or is released. It would be so fun!

Green Day isn't going to "rule the charts" no matter what they release. Look, Green Day is an amazing band, but that doesn't mean they are as popular as they were a few years ago. The mainstream has exiled rock music. Think an album like Dookie would be as accepted as it was if it came out now? Back in 1994, college kids loved punk. They loved grunge. Now they love techno and dubstep. Green Day has a solid fanbase but I don't see rock songs (no matter how good) being played on the radio enough to get them huge album sales. It's amazing that the Trilogy sold as well as it did in this climate, especially given the band's lack of promotion and no hit songs. Green Day is obviously a great band but they do not fit into the mainstream music scene anymore. This is a culture that is quick to forget. Lady Gaga was everywhere a few years ago and is gone now. J. Beibs is fading. Even Rihanna isn't that popular anymore. Green Day have been around for a long time and have been lucky enough to release TWO massive hit albums. Most bands are lucky to get one. I'd love Green Day to rule the radio but I'm sorry, it's not going to happen.

Green Day isn't going to "rule the charts" no matter what they release. Look, Green Day is an amazing band, but that doesn't mean they are as popular as they were a few years ago. The mainstream has exiled rock music. Think an album like Dookie would be as accepted as it was if it came out now? Back in 1994, college kids loved punk. They loved grunge. Now they love techno and dubstep. Green Day has a solid fanbase but I don't see rock songs (no matter how good) being played on the radio enough to get them huge album sales. It's amazing that the Trilogy sold as well as it did in this climate, especially given the band's lack of promotion and no hit songs. Green Day is obviously a great band but they do not fit into the mainstream music scene anymore. This is a culture that is quick to forget. Lady Gaga was everywhere a few years ago and is gone now. J. Beibs is fading. Even Rihanna isn't that popular anymore. Green Day have been around for a long time and have been lucky enough to release TWO massive hit albums. Most bands are lucky to get one. I'd love Green Day to rule the radio but I'm sorry, it's not going to happen.

Perfect, except "most bands are lucky to get one". Out of all the bands ever made, only .01 of them go mainstream, and then only 1/3 of those get hit albums.

I'd love to hear a more natural version of Amanda. It was a great song that was ruined by its production

Amanda is perfect the way it is.

My hope is they're going through some of the tracks (particularly ones on UNO) and taking out/toning down some of the lead where all it is doing is "soloing" along to the melody. "Fell For You" and "Loss of Control" are songs that come to mind that would benefit from simple power chords. However, I doubt that's what they're doing.

If anything - if this actually goes anywhere - what will probably happen is along the lines of what TimmyChunks said: they're remixing some of the tracks to re-release and re-promote the Trilogy during the next part(s) of the tour.

Amanda is perfect the way it is.

The red7 version will always be better

90% of the trilogy sounds better / will sound better live.

57a5281eb12711e2b70422000a9d0df6_7.jpg

bj_unoxx - #jingletown #staythenight #99revolutions #missingyou #strayheart #reallyloudguitars

He's up to something, that's for sure.

BOSTON MARKET OMG I AM FUCKING SCREAMING WE'RE SOULMATES

Anyway, I'm aggressively indifferent about this. I don't know if I care to hear any new versions of songs ... especially if they're like, packaged as a re-release of the albums because I don't wanna buy six albums :lol:

Anyway, I'm aggressively indifferent about this. I don't know if I care to hear any new versions of songs ... especially if they're like, packaged as a re-release of the albums because I don't wanna buy six albums :lol:

I used to get Boston Market all the time, but the only one near me closed :cry:

is it possible that these photos were from way back when they were originally recording the songs? It doesnt make sense that he would post photos now about it, but i guess you never know. Its kind of weird that they would be going back and redoing the songs even though they have only been released for such a short amount of time. I think its really cool though if they are redoing the songs...as long as we actually get to hear them!!!

I was trying to figure out what he was eating! We don't have one of those near me. Explains why I'm so confused. :lol:

Yeah, I'm not sure how I really feel about this. The rabid fan in me is like "MOAR material! YES!" but then the logical pessimist in me is like "Seriously? If you're not going to promote what you originally released, just let it die and save yourselves the embarrassment of failing twice." Wow. That sounds kind of harsh, haha.

I really love the clean guitar tracks, but in certain songs the guitar gets lost and definitely needs a thicker sound, but I think/hope the guitar will remain clean.

I do like the idea of them releasing a 'best of' version of the trilogy with remixed guitars. And I would like them to push more singles..so we'll see.

No one can get away from the heavy side of life mann. Especially guitars. I'm ridiculously excited if/when we get this stuff.

That's why I think it'd be in their favor if they'd leave the songs as natural as possible

I was trying to figure out what he was eating! We don't have one of those near me. Explains why I'm so confused. :lol:

Yeah, I'm not sure how I really feel about this. The rabid fan in me is like "MOAR material! YES!" but then the logical pessimist in me is like "Seriously? If you're not going to promote what you originally released, just let it die and save yourselves the embarrassment of failing twice." Wow. That sounds kind of harsh, haha.

I mean idk if they sell salads like that but obviously they got some cornbread from there, that's what they put in those bags! I know that logo! :lol: I can't help but think of this.

I've just never been a big remix fan. Very, VERY rarely have I liked a remix of a song more than the original song, and it's equally rare that a song I dislike turns into one I like due to a remix, just because at its core, it's still the same song I'm meh about. Any version of 99 Revolutions or Oh Love will probably still send me into conniption fits tbh.

I mean idk if they sell salads like that but obviously they got some cornbread from there, that's what they put in those bags! I know that logo! :lol: I can't help but think of this.

I've just never been a big remix fan. Very, VERY rarely have I liked a remix of a song more than the original song, and it's equally rare that a song I dislike turns into one I like due to a remix, just because at its core, it's still the same song I'm meh about. Any version of 99 Revolutions or Oh Love will probably still send me into conniption fits tbh.

These probably aren't gonna be your typical "remixes" though. If anything I'd think he's just messing with the tones and possibly redoing some parts. Not like when electronic artists do it.

They're nearly identical. Starting it with that riff sounds weird.

Again, nearly identical. They sound fine on the record, some even sound better. I think Amanda is one of those.

All i know is they better let Skrillex and Diddy remix Brutal Love and put Justin Bieber Selena Gomez Chris Brown and Rhianna on it

All i know is they better let Skrillex and Diddy remix Brutal Love and put Justin Bieber Selena Gomez Chris Brown and Rhianna on it

Aka "Doin' a Coldplay"

This should be the first time they're remixing songs from any of their album.I don't think they ever remixed 21stcb, AI, Warning or any of the albums.

Another theory could be that they might release a few of the trilogy songs in an upcoming greatest hits collection or something.They remixed Poprock and Cokes for international superhits.

This is something big guys.

P.S-I know this isn't possible but I would really love to see a remix of Kill the DJ from a famous DJ or something.Foo Fighter's had Rope remixed by deadmau5 and it was in the Duluxe edition of wasting light.So why not kill the dj.It has a lot of potential as it's something different compared to today's trend of the music industry.

This should be the first time they're remixing songs from any of their album.I don't think they ever remixed 21stcb, AI, Warning or any of the albums.

Another theory could be that they might release a few of the trilogy songs in an upcoming greatest hits collection or something.They remixed Poprock and Cokes for international superhits.

P.S-I know this isn't possible but I would really love to see a remix of Kill the DJ from a famous DJ or something.Foo Fighter's had Rope remixed by deadmau5 and it was in the Duluxe edition of wasting light.So why not kill the dj.It has a lot of potential as it's something different compared to today's trend of the music industry.

If they release anything, it will be close to their Reading/Leeds performance, or for the holidays after the European leg.

I firmly believe that this is just for:

* A greatest hits album: It's really plausible, since ISH Green Day has released 5 albums + Shenanigans + 2 Live CD/DVD. They could create a kind of ISH vol II.

* Cinco: The "best" from the trilogy with remixed guitars, maybe with extra verses, plus unreleased songs.

Was Poprocks and Coke out before IS? There's a band message where he says something to the effective of "We told you we were gonna show you Poprocks and Coke but not anymore" as if he had promised it for that one, but I didn't think it had been heard before IS.

Is the original mix available for download anywhere?

Archived