SotW: Ha Ha You're Dead

Jude O'Reilly

I love "Haha You're Dead." OP did a great write-up on it. Whenever I'm absolutely, 110% furious at someone but am left with no way to express my anger or hatred I go straight to this song and BLAST it. Thank you, Mike Dirnt and Green Day.

that's cool because i actually think it's a fun song. so at least you can enjoy yourself while feeling all the anger ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a mixture of a punk and epic stadium song. Bitches

I love "Haha You're Dead." OP did a great write-up on it. Whenever I'm absolutely, 110% furious at someone but am left with no way to express my anger or hatred I go straight to this song and BLAST it. Thank you, Mike Dirnt and Green Day.

We dont care, dont lie.

may i drop some song names: chump, emenius sleepus, in the end, f.o.d., platypus, take back, prosthetic head, jackass, scumbag, at your funeral by pinhead gunpowder.

may i drop some song names: chump, emenius sleepus, in the end, f.o.d., platypus, take back, prosthetic head, jackass, scumbag, at your funeral by pinhead gunpowder.

i never realized until this very moment, how "scumbag" could perhaps be a wordplay for "comeback"... is it? and tell me: how would you judge my ignorance about this, that now ceased to be?

It's a mixture of a punk and epic stadium song. Bitches

We dont care, dont lie.

Oh, you again? Hi. One more asshole post and you get--wait for it--ANOTHER all-expenses-paid vacation to another website of your choosing!

Ha Ha You're Dead is probably my favourite song from Shenanigans. Fell in love with the chorus since the first time I listened. Great choice!

That was very well-written! Great job, Jude!

I actually sang by Mistake the song in a funeral, it's catchy

We dont care, dont lie.

GTFO please

Great song, catchy sing-a-long chorus.

Follows the theme of Mike Dirnt's lyrics being about friends of his

J.A.R - Mostly positive, but still distancing towards the friend's mistakes in life

Eminus Sleepus - Mostly negative, but reflecting upon a time when they were alike

Haha You're Dead - Straight up disgust towards the person at target

It's the harshest of the bunch.

We dont care, dont lie.

Shut it. This is ironic because you expressed that you (claiming to speak for the majority while you have yet to show any status for representing said majority) don't care for what she said, yet it's fucking obvious you do, maybe even out of spite of someone expressing themselves.

I'm kind of indifferent to Ha Ha You're Dead. At times I really like it, but other times I would rather do without.

Oh, you again? Hi. One more asshole post and you get--wait for it--ANOTHER all-expenses-paid vacation to another website of your choosing!

I just thought I'd let you know how much I LOVE the way you handle these things. :lol:

This is the second time you guys have featured a song shortly after I rediscovered it. Makes me appreciate these that much more, because it's like I'm reading these descriptions and opinions as I'm being introduced to the songs being discussed.

I want this song and Platypus (I Hate You) to play at my funeral XD

Nice OP. The anger and resentment behind this song makes it a tremendously satisfying listen when I'm in a foul mood. I also like your idea that the death may be metaphorical, in that the object of hatred is alive, but has simply been removed from your life.

I'm sure that Mike wrote this song specifically for Tim Yohannan, though...

Who's Tim Yohannan?

Who's Tim Yohannan?

He was basically a punk music journalist and I believe he had a lot of power at 924 Gilman St. I don't think he particularly liked Green Day to begin with: I believe he wouldn't let them play there because they were 'too pop'. Naturally, he was quite vocal about his hatred of Green Day once they 'sold out' ie signed to a major record label.

He was basically a punk music journalist and I believe he had a lot of power at 924 Gilman St. I don't think he particularly liked Green Day to begin with: I believe he wouldn't let them play there because they were 'too pop'. Naturally, he was quite vocal about his hatred of Green Day once they 'sold out' ie signed to a major record label.

i live and learn. ;) thank you.

i live and learn. ;) thank you.

You're welcome :) I should also point out that I know for a fact that Playtpus was also written for Yohannan and I think Billie tweeter perhaps some slightly rude and inappropriate things regarding him some time last year, I think.

You're welcome :) I should also point out that I know for a fact that Playtpus was also written for Yohannan and I think Billie tweeter perhaps some slightly rude and inappropriate things regarding him some time last year, I think.

I dont think he did say anything bad about him last year

on IG last year someone asked bout Platpus he said he renamed it to i love you and that he wasnt mad anymore im sure someone on here can quote Billie more verbatim but it seems he not mad anymore then again Tim is dead so Billie may think there no use to keep the anger anymore

being dead is a good reason for not being hated anymore. and i guess billie joe is well advised

to be rid of the hate, especially since the object for it had dissolved long time ago.

This one's in my Top 3 Green Day Hateful songs right after Platypus and F.O.D. .

"Ha ha you're dead, and I'm so happy" :lol: and is also comical like Sick Of Me and Pulling Teeth, for example. Great lyrics from Mike, he should write more.

Best part is when they get to the whole "ha ha you're dead!" chorus.

I wonder if this was written around the time or close to when Platypus was written.

I don't think so. Mike wrote this song and Billie wrote Platypus.

This is one of my favorite Green Day songs ever, easily in the top 5. I would kill to hear this song live, but it will never happen :(

Archived