Artist influenced by Green Day

Akshat

So Green Day have been a band for more than 25 years now.How many artists in today's world have they influenced?

I am pretty sure there are many, looking at their popularity.Mnay artists have publicly admitted that Green Day were the reason they joined the music industry while for some, their music speaks.How many artists do you know who have been influenced by Green Day?

As far as I know-Fall Out Boy,Avril Lavigne and Weezer are a few renowned artists who have been influenced by Green Day.

This is not a 'famous Green Day fans' thread.Pardon me if a thread like this already exists.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really into My Chemical Romance, but I know they're like in love with Green Day. and I've seen pictures of some of them wearing Green Day shirts. as well as Gerard talking about being influenced by Billie/Green Day.

I actually know the metal band TRIVIUM has a strong respect for Green Day, at least the bassist Paolo does

I cant remember who it was exactly but i remember one of the guys from simple plan saying he taped the "Jaded in Chicago" concert on a tape and played along with it. haha.

There's also that whole segment that was done on TV called "Influenc'd: Green Day", where several artists talk about how Green Day inspired them.

New Found Glory has played a few shows that were all Green Day covers.

Blink has said that Green Day influenced how they approach production in the studio and they loved their sound. They've also said that Green Day proved that bands could remain legitimate on major labels.

I know that like, pretty much everyone on this forum hates Avril Lavigne because apparently she thinks she is punk - something I will never understand, because she's never claimed to be punk and no, she never said "she is like a sid vicious for a new generation" - but she's clearly been influenced by Green Day. That becomes obvious if you listen to The Best Damn Thing (the whole album, not just the singles). But anywayyyy

New Found Glory has played a few shows that were all Green Day covers.

Blink has said that Green Day influenced how they approach production in the studio and they loved their sound. They've also said that Green Day proved that bands could remain legitimate on major labels.

By "blink" do you mean Mark? I don't think Tom would ever admit it... he's too much of a douche. :lol:

I actually like blink... I just talk shit because they're my fiance's favorite band. I have to.

;)

well blink 182 was influenced by Green Day I've seen a picture of Mark wearing a Kerplunk shirt and they're great friends so without Green Day there might be a chance of no Blink, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, MCR ect. idk maybe

By "blink" do you mean Mark? I don't think Tom would ever admit it... he's too much of a douche. :lol:

I actually like blink... I just talk shit because they're my fiance's favorite band. I have to.

;)

Nope. The both of them have said it several times. Tom has a huge amount of respect for Green Day from what I can tell.

I'm not sure if Green Day influenced Blink.And Mark and Tom maybe quoting good things about Green Day out of respect.

do you know if its real that The All American Rejects got their name from the song Reject by Green Day?

do you know if its real that The All American Rejects got their name from the song Reject by Green Day?

I don't know but there is also a song from Bikini Kill called Reject All American. :lol:

tokio hotel (*barf* but the kid wears green day shirts at his shows all the time).
paramore- Hayley blogs about green day all the time and credits them for helping pave their sound. also they were stoked when the recorded with rob cause he did almost all of green days records.
adam Levine - he tweeted once saying "thank you @greenday for always making the "im wearing headphones and ignoring your bullshit" records I can ignore the world with. :)"

Not really a fan but i did listen 'Don't be a dick'. Emily Army easy call.

David from Simple Plan is a GD fan. He even has a American Idiot sticker on one of his bass. Lady Gaga once said that the first record she ever bought was Dookie. Avril Lavigne did make a cover of Basket Case for her In My World cd/dvd box set. Bill Kaulitz from Tokio Hotel often mentioned GD as a big music influence. In the province of Quebec, we also have 2 bands that only make tribute concerts for GD. They are called Green Holiday and Warning. And we also have a painter (I know, she is not a musician and the topic is about musicians, but a painter is a artist) who has been influenced by GD's music. I don't remember her name, but in a interview she made in a local newspaper she said she was able to get Billie Joe's email address. She contacted him and he responded to her. When he was playing St.Jimmy on Broadway, she contacted him again to say she was going to see the musical and he accepted to meet her. They met and she gave him one of her painting.

Definitely artists like blink, FOB, SP, etc. I also suspect that Rancid may have taken some cues from Green Day (yeah, I know Operation Ivy influenced Green Day, and OI was around before GD, but if you listen to songs like "Ruby Soho" or "Fall Back Down," they sound like they could maybe be GD songs). As an added note, I find it ironic that, while John Lydon loathes Green Day (and I am sure he wouldn't hate them if he actually took the time to do a little research on the band), he loves Lady Gaga (who loves Green Day, and who Billie Joe likes).

Farben Lehre, my fav band from Poland. Their guitarrist had on some gigs t-shirts with Green Day. Also the begining of one of their songs is similiar to "When I Come Around". When my friend asked the vocalist of FL if they had been influenced by GD while writing "Snukraina", he said they had.

I think that also Die Toten Hosen are somehow influenced. "Entschuldigung, es tut uns leid" it's almost same as "Worry Rock" and on their website, DTH has GD in a section with bands that DTH likes.

They've influenced bands I don't like :lol:

This. All Time Low, FOB, Simple Plan...uhhhh, I hate them all.

Apart from MCR. They were cool.

Archived