SotW: X-Kid

Cob

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So....yeah..."X-Kid" is a great song, no?

good song, 21 guns is better though

21 guns, wake me up when september ends, brutal love, basket case, redundant, scattered, jesus of suburbia, 21st century breakdown, welcome to paradise, holiday, armatage shanks are the best songs from Green day in my opinion, there are more but I just forgot most of them

Are we the waiting too

Definitely my favorite song from the trilogy. I remember one point when only about a minute of the song had been released (as a preview) and I ended up putting it on repeat for a while because it was just so perfect to me. In my opinion, it's not only the best trilogy song, but one of Green Day's best songs ever.

Also, I remember some people mentioning that whenever GD would start playing this at their shows the crowd's reaction would be very underwhelming. I found this pretty disappointing but not surprising. Fortunately, at the LA show on Thursday when this song started it seemed like most people were singing along. [x

good song, 21 guns is better though

21 guns, wake me up when september ends, brutal love, basket case, redundant, scattered, jesus of suburbia, 21st century breakdown, welcome to paradise, holiday, armatage shanks are the best songs from Green day in my opinion, there are more but I just forgot most of them

Are we the waiting too

Come on man. Is that constructive or on topic?

Come on man. Is that constructive or on topic?

he's already suspended, don't bother.

Anyway, I like X-Kid. Favorite song of the trilogy alongside Lazy Bones.

X-Kid is one of the songs from Tre that's grown on me. Still not the band's finest work, and I still think Tre's a distant second to Uno within the trilogy, but I've come to appreciate more and more of Tre.

X-kid is a very very good anti depressant song, I feel like it deserves a better video than the casset tape but it kinda fits. It's on my top 10

Even though I've begun listening to this a bit less, and spread my focus wider across the trilogy, this still stands as my favorite song thereof. It immediately struck something in me. To this day I can't say if it's the lyrics or the music that is capturing, it just feels like a complete and inspired piece. It has that unpathetic and objective take on something really tragic, and I relate to its theme more than ever right at this time of adulthood pending. It also has a really crispy main riff which can't be undermined, it is half of the experience when listening to the song. It is simple yet original. There's one last thing, whenever I notice the random narrate of the story in the use of both "you" and "I" even though it seems to be about one person, which seems to be very intentionally done by Billie, I always get the impression that it is meant to be just as much autobiographical as it is about the friend. Where some might say "it's about the suicide of a friend" I would say "it's about Billie Joe after a friend of his killed himself, and how he relates to it". It is like it is both Billie Joe talking to his friend, while talking to himself, but also his friend (or someone from the outside) talking to Billie Joe, and himself. It's just a blur of narrating that all relates to the same sense of hopelessness.

This song really could've been huge, and just proves how much corporate advertising does in the success of music. It really deserved the best artwork and the best video of the trilogy, but it got neither of those.

Perhaps my favourite song on the trilogy. When I first heard the intro on the clip from cuatro, I was blown away, and I kept listening to that little clip on repeat for ages. The full song certainly didn't disappoint. I'd probably rate this one in my top Green Day songs in general actually.

Definitely my favorite from the trilogy. I feel like it fits in perfectly with the "reflection" theme that's on ¡Tre! Besides the theme of a friend's suicide, X-Kid, to me, is also a statement about midlife crisis. Where the band is now in their 40s, it's time to ask, "am I too old to do this?", which I can only imagine is pretty terrifying.

Great song, and a great write-up too, excellent job Cob!

I feel like a lot of twentysomethings who are fresh out of college can relate to this song...this feeling you have of needing to grow up, but trying to hang on to your youth. You're trying to find that good balance of keeping your youth without being immature and trying to take care of your adult responsibilities.

Not sure what it is, but there is something odd about that performance of X-Kid. Maybe it's Billie's lack of guy-liner, but he just seems....not himself. Anyway, I've had this song on repeat since Tre came out and it's STILL on repeat.

Not sure what it is, but there is something odd about that performance of X-Kid. Maybe it's Billie's lack of guy-liner, but he just seems....not himself. Anyway, I've had this song on repeat since Tre came out and it's STILL on repeat.

He looks like 2000 Billie, but with longer hair :ga:

I heard it on the radio yesterday.

Hmm, suppose I kind of have to listen to the radio first, in order to hear it.

He looks like 2000 Billie, but with longer hair :ga:

2000 Billie sounds like some sort of robot model. "I'm sorry sir, did you want the 1000 Billie or the 2000 model?" :P

2000 Billie sounds like some sort of robot model. "I'm sorry sir, did you want the 1000 Billie or the 2000 model?" :P

I wanted the Billie 2500, with the drill and the torch attachments :eyebrows: #IWannaBeYourDominatedLoveSlave

I wanted the Billie 2500, with the drill and the torch attachments :eyebrows: #IWannaBeYourDominatedLoveSlave

We're out of stock of that model but we do have the Tre 2500. It's like the Billie model but it comes with more attachments for the butt. :lol:

We're out of stock of that model but we do have the Tre 2500. It's like the Billie model but it comes with more attachments for the butt. :lol:

No thanks, It may have a longer penis attachment, but I prefer my robots with two nuts :banana:

d49.png

No thanks, It may have a longer penis attachment, but I prefer my robots with two nuts :banana:

:lol: Nice!

Best song on the Trilogy, and one of my favourite GD songs ever, but the live version sucks balls. It's too fast, and it sounds awkward. It didn't need to be faster than the album version, it just knocks everything out of sync.

Best song on the Trilogy, and one of my favourite GD songs ever, but the live version sucks balls. It's too fast, and it sounds awkward. It didn't need to be faster than the album version, it just knocks everything out of sync.

I liked it live; in fact, I was surprised it was played live. It's a deep track to some degree, but I still like it even live.

Archived