Create a film for Green Day inspired by ¡UNO!, ¡DOS!, and ¡TRÉ!

Florence

Talenthouse.com holds another contest about Green Day! :) You may remember the "Design GD's FB page contest" . This time it's a video contest!

It says:

In 2012, Green Day had enough creative inspiration to record three albums of new material. As they deliver that inspiration directly to their supporters on their current world tour, Green Day wants to see how their music can inspire the filmmaker in YOU, with the launch of the official 'Green Day Short Film Challenge'.
Whether you have a flip cam or cellphone video app, or are an aspiring auteur with hotshot shooting and editing skills, or perhaps the creative type with something to say, Green Day wants to see your work and what you’re capable of.
Here's the deal:
1. Choose one of the 37 songs across Green Day’s newest records ¡UNO!, ¡DOS!, and¡TRE! that gets your creative juices flowing. You can review the tracks on Spotify or download the track from iTunes.
2. Create an awesome film to accompany the song you choose. It’s not the tools you use that are important, it is how you get what’s in your head and heart onto the screen. Do you have access to multiple cameras, cranes and a special effects house? Cool, but don’t be discouraged if it’s just you, a camera phone and some video apps. Sometimes limitations aren’t limitations at all.
Green Day's Choice
One winner will have their short film featured and promoted for millions around the world via Green Day’s official website and social media channels. Additionally the winner will:
Receive a Canon EOS 5D Mark III Digital Camera with lens and accessories
Be featured in an exclusive interview and profile on GreenDay.com
A further four finalists will each receive an ¡UNO!, ¡DOS!, and¡TRE! box signed by Green Day and will have their submissions featured on GreenDay.com.
People's Choice
The highest voted winner will have their submission featured on GreenDay.com.
Get Involved
Launch: April 19, 2013
Submit by: June 5, 2013
Vote: June 6, 2013 10am PST - June 12, 2013 10am PST
Winner(s) Announced: June 26, 2013

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds so cool!

And sounds like it`d be fun :lol:

edit: " The Contest is open only to those who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. "

well then

Interesting not much of a filmmaker unfortunately but interesting and fun nonetheless.

I might enter! :happy: I still have to decide on a song!

That sounds so cool!
And sounds like it`d be fun :lol:

edit: " The Contest is open only to those who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. "
well then

awwww :(

that's just dumb! :mad: The FB cover contest had the same rule! Why does it matter if someone is 18 or...17? :(

I might enter! :happy: I still have to decide on a song!

awwww :(

that's just dumb! :mad: The FB cover contest had the same rule! Why does it matter if someone is 18 or...17? :(

Legal reasons

Legal reasons

:( oh well....

I feel sad for all those who wanted to enter but are only 16 ,17....!

Slightly off-topic but where is your awesome new ava from? :o

Really cool idea! Unfortunately, I don't have the slightest talent at filmmaking. But good luck to those who enter!

If someone has their video finished, feel free to post it here in this thread! :eyebrows:

Slightly off-topic but where is your awesome new ava from? :o

Really cool idea! Unfortunately, I don't have the slightest talent at filmmaking. But good luck to those who enter!

:shy:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151563633860490.1073741830.20825875489&type=3

:( oh well....

I feel sad for all those who wanted to enter but are only 16 ,17....!

I say lie and say you are i doubt they'll really check

This is a cool contest! I just moved, so I don't know any people to be in my video to create a storyline (I have so many ideas for Brutal Love!)... but maybe I'll try and put something together.

Wow, that sounds like an amazing contest and a lot of fun! :) It's a pity it's 18+, though..

good thing I sleep with a guy over 18. :D I KNEW IT WOULD COME IN HANDY ONE DAY!

I have so many ideas!! :D

it'd be fun to do regardless even if I didn't submit!!

but oh well, maybe next year :happy:

Holy fucking shit I am all over this! :D I've wanted to make a video for the trilogy for a while. This is a perfect excuse. This is just the best competition I've seen for ages.

Archived