Most Played Green Day Album?

HolyHandGrenade

There are already threads for your most and least played songs, but I want to know what your most played album is. You can go by instinct, or you can add up your plays on iTunes or whatever program you use. If you want, include bonus tracks as well. You might be surprised. Please try to explain why, so this doesn't become a list thread.

Surprisingly, my most played was 21st Century Breakdown, edging out American Idiot and Nimrod for the top spot. Last spring, before I had any of the '90s albums, I listened to 21CB and A.I. like crazy, and the former's eponymous song became my favorite for quite a while.

Note: This has nothing to do with what your favorite album is, unless they happen to coincide.

Edit by Andres: Please respond with more than just the album name in your responses. A little detail about your choice for the sake of conversation.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American Idiot hands down. The album is too good to not listen to on repeat.

I would say The Trilogy comes second as I listen to it on my drive to class.

Probably Shenanigans. It was one of the first Green Day's CD's I owned and I listened to it a lot. Insomniac is probably next, then American Idiot, then Dookie, followed by probably DOS, and then Nimrod.

I also have my UNO DOS TRE super CD that gets a lot of plays.

Most likely Nimrod because the summer I bought that, I literally didn't do anything else for like a month except just sit in my room and listen to Nimrod.

Trilogy because it just came out. But otherwise American Idiot, Dookie, and Insomniac.

Maybe 21CB, AI and Nimrod. I've had those for a long time and I think the order is correct too.

Definitely Insomniac, Stuck with Me and Walking Contradiction are the most played songs with 150+ and 160+ plays

I actually got really bored one day and added up all my plays for Green Day on itunes, and worked out the averages and stuff. American Idiot had the most plays on average, followed by Kerplunk, and then Dookie.

I'm pretty sure I've listened to American Idiot from front to back at least 300 times. I don't think I'll ever get sick of that album.

21st Century Breakdown. Green Day will never be as great as The Who, but they came damn close with this album.

probably dookie as i had that album since i waa 8 ...... (im nearly 27 now) but american idiot would be a close 2nd

According to my iTunes, it's Dos, but that only shows top 25 songs. Not sure how to find top played album... But yeah, most of Dos & Stop, Drop & Roll are in dominating my top 25 songs. :P But if we go back to when I first got into Green Day, it'd probably be American Idiot as it was the first album I ever bought.

Archived