Riddle Contest Answers

Fuzz

Totally thought "no man can eat 50 eggs" was a reference to bullet in a bible and because Tre said it in between Longview and hitchin a ride I thought it was lyrics from one of those songs.... oh well

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and about the "no man can eat 50 eggs" hint... I got it immediately, and I started searching the lyrics of all of Trè(the guy,not the album)'s song....I was sure it was something releted to All by myself....but no lyrics matched....But while I was sleeping(I mean,half asleep in my bed), I thought about iTrè! the album! but I was too asleep to return to my pc and start again this thing so I gave up :lol:

Totally thought "no man can eat 50 eggs" was a reference to bullet in a bible and because Tre said it in between Longview and hitchin a ride I thought it was lyrics from one of those songs.... oh well

same!!! ahaah!

Congrats to all the other folk who got it right and big ups to Sofia!

I got the 6 riddles done in 20 mins but couldn't figure out the 5 words all day Saturday. I was sat playing around with cut-out pieces of paper, drinking my 3rd glass of wine that evening, when my mum picked out the word 'Hollywood' from the cumble and then BOOM! So it was a team effort in the end, but a totally enjoyable contest. And now to lay in wait for the next riddle contest and not be able to focus on anything else for another whole weekend :ga:

I made a mistake with the first riddle! I should've gotten that correct, ahhhhh. DANG IT. Oh well. :lol: It was a fun weekend of trying to solve this.

Congrats to the winner + all who got the correct answer.

It's a quote Tre said on BIAB which is the album clue :D

Ah, didn't think of that! Thanks!

got all the answers right but couldn't unscramble the lyrics! This was a fun contest I hope there's another one soon!! :D

congrats to all the people who solved this :o i did not get one answer!

I got the right answer (without using the hints they posted later)!! :ga:

I didn't even had think to answer clues #3 and #6. Read them and immediatily answered. The other ones were trickier but no big problem when you use search engines.

Unscrambling was the worst part. First words I got were "download song" and I immediately thought that it was another hint that would lead us to a special download! :ninja: (But I couldn't uncramble the other letters). "Holiday" was another word that kept coming but nothing...
Then I started looking into the dictionary, starting with the letter A, all words I could form with the letters availabe (thank goodness there weren't sooooooooooo many!). When I won letter D, "dead" came in and stuck in my head. I read the letters and could make a "is dead...". I was tired and thought I'd finish it in the morning (it was 1+ AM). But I couldn't sleep ultil I solved that fucking thing! :lol: Started to unscramble again and the first word I got was "Halloween". This made me think "it looks like 'Hollywood'...". I could form "Hollywood" with the letters, then I remembered about "is dead" and it ticked! "Hollywood is dead and gone".

regarding the 5th answer, i considered the word 'Green Day' printed on the top left when counting the words of page 24! boo.

i would have never guessed the final answer in a million years though haha

Yeah, that was my doubt also. Should I consider all the words or just the ones in the black square? Good thing I decided on the last option! :happy:

About the image hint, I didn't even saw the number on the eggs! :lol:

I googled image the pic, found out the movie it was from, read about it and there was the part talking about the eggs.

Congrats to Sofia and make more of these, GDC!!!

Agh, got the right letters but couldn't solve!!! When I saw the riddle on Saturday I disregarded it, thinking it was too hard and I went and listened to.......¡Tré! instead.. But I decided to give it a go on Sunday and shocked myself by figuring out all the clues despite not being on GDA for that long! I barely checked the new material for the answer at all... Was convinced the answer was from Longview or Hitchin' A Ride because the Tré quote was between those two on BIAB and Longview started on the 39th minute on BIAB and Tré started on roughly the 46th, those being the other two numbers on the eggs! And a previous clue was "You'll hit yourself when you get it", which I thought was a Hitchin' A Ride reference.. (I even checked Dry Ice for the answer because it's the song on the 46th minute of 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours! :D ) Ended up submitting defeat at 1am :( Thanks to those who helped!

Overall it was great fun and well done to the creators and ones who got it right. I'm really glad there's another one coming soon, I hope my brain will have time to recover!

oh and for number three i thought it was referring to the pumpkin carving gallery at first lol

I even got the word "dead" but I also got "Holiday" which kind of threw me off..

Didn't even mind if I got the vinyl or not, it would just go on my wall

Some answers were difficult to find out :P

The final answer was so awesome, really dumb that I wasn't able to find it out ;)

Gratulation to Sofia Silva

YAY! :runaround: I'm so proud of myself that I got all answers correct and managed to solve the riddle!

hollywood3.png:wub:

:runaround::runaround::runaround:
Thank you so much! I can't believe it! :woot:
I'm so happy!

Congrats! :woot::happy::dance:

Another shoutout to the person who sent us this email as his answer

"hello well i didn't exactly get the jumble but i tried so A for effort right

my best guess is: NOOO, HAND ME SAGGY DILDO and i had an extra L left over but that's a detail

love,

saggy dildo"

Who are you?! :lol:

please do another one of these things because I have learned from my mistakes and I DO NOT ACCEPT DEFEAT

i thought i was so smart when I immediately got #1 but nooo

This was such an awesome riddle! Im excited to go just as insane over the next one ;) Congrats to the winner :D

Glad to be a part of the winners list. It was a tough one to crack but thanks to everyone who helped !

And Sofia, congrats ! :D

Haha somebody posted a picture on Instagram a few nights ago with all of the answers, but I didn't feel like unscrambling them and I would have felt bad submitting my answer when people actually went out of their ways to get it.

Number 5 was wrong anyway, but here is the picture.

4bda5918a3e511e2b9ed22000a1f8cd8_7.jpg

Congrats Sofia and everyone! :D

I got number 3 wrong, and it has quite a big story behind :lol:

At first, when I saw the words "carved out" and "spiffy", I looked them up because I didn't know the meaning, and my conclusion was that the Rev was looking "elegant". So I thought, is there any FHT songs that says "elegant"? Oh yes, Mother Mary says "all dressed up". And guess what? In the Mother Mary video, just when that line comes in, the girl is eating the orange! So it was perfect :lol: The creator part confused me, but I thought it was the director of the video or something...

Then Alan86 gave me a big clue that it had something do with a pumpkin, so I thought inmediatly to go to GDA and check the fans pumpinks. Buuuttt, I saw this one: http://www.greendayauthority.com/photos/28689/ and I don't know why I thought that was the Rev, because of the strange looks I suppose :lol: But of course it's a Green Day concert. And now that I saw that Hermione's pumpking was the one (after the phase of thinking that I was right :lol:), I'm thinking that I always wondered what that pumpkin was supposed to mean :lol:
(So many :lol : xD)

Oh! and something else! What did the numbers in the eggs picture mean? I figgured out that it was the duration of Dookie, so the lyrics should be in that album. In All by myself I thought, because of the Tre thing, or in another song when that one didn't give results :P God, I thought of this way too much, if only I had thought about correct things :lol:

Edit: Ooooh, I got it, it was just a help to count, right?

Congrats Sofia and everyone! :D

I got number 3 wrong, and it has quite a big story behind :lol:

At first, when I saw the words "carved out" and "spiffy", I looked them up because I didn't know the meaning, and my conclusion was that the Rev was looking "elegant". So I thought, is there any FHT songs that says "elegant"? Oh yes, Mother Mary says "all dressed up". And guess what? In the Mother Mary video, just when that line comes in, the girl is eating the orange! So it was perfect :lol: The creator part confused me, but I thought it was the director of the video or something...

Then Alan86 gave me a big clue that it had something do with a pumpkin, so I thought inmediatly to go to GDA and check the fans pumpinks. Buuuttt, I saw this one: http://www.greendayauthority.com/photos/28689/ and I don't know why I thought that was the Rev, because of the strange looks I suppose :lol: But of course it's a Green Day concert. And now that I saw that Hermione's pumpking was the one (after the phase of thinking that I was right :lol:), I'm thinking that I always wondered what that pumpkin was supposed to mean :lol:

(So many :lol : xD)

omg I'm laughing so hard :D I had some troubles with #3 too... I got the "pumpkin" reference, so I googled: "Foxboro hot tubs Halloween" and guess what? they did an Halloween show in 2009, so I started watching A LOT of videos from that show..looking for a "pumpkin"....and I thought that the "creator" was meant to be the guy who filmed that show and posted the videos on You tube :lol: but then I searched "Pumpkin" on GDA and BANG! got it! but it was reeeaaalllyyyyyy haaaaarrrrdddd!!!! :lol:

Haha somebody posted a picture on Instagram a few nights ago with all of the answers, but I didn't feel like unscrambling them and I would have felt bad submitting my answer when people actually went out of their ways to get it.

Number 5 was wrong anyway, but here is the picture.

I think you are the king of instagram

:ninja:

Congrats to everyone who solved it!

I hate riddles, I stared at those ones for 5 seconds and then lost my patience. So yeah, I'm really amazed that some one got it right :P

Archived