Riddle Contest Answers

Fuzz

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/4017/

First off, the winner is Sofia Silva! Congrats to her on winning the 7" Warning Vinyl.

Please go read the full post on GDA with all the answers, hints, and a full list of people who sent in the right answer (22 people in total).

The final answer was HOLLYWOOD IS DEAD AND GONE

How close were you?

Thanks to everyone who participated We had fun watching you guys attempt it, and we hope you guys enjoyed it as well. Huge thanks to BeachBum and Lone for working on this and making it. We're already planning the next one :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I managed to figure out the orange clue was about Hermione. That was it. I'm such a moron.

But congrats, Sofia!

I got all the correct answers but I couldnt get the letters in the correct order

So now that I know the correct answers, I found out which one I got wrong. Number 5, haha! I went to page 24 of that scented gossip magazine and just didn't know where to go from there apart from searching a phrase that includes "loud" or something similar. This led to a sentence that said something like "When I'm nervous, I turn into an angry, loud dinosaur" or so. Haha. Totally forgot about the "It's not easy being green" hint, oh dear! How can you be so dumb? :lol:

Great that a lot of people got everything right, though! Congrats!

How close were you?

Thanks to everyone who participated We had fun watching you guys attempt it, and we hope you guys enjoyed it as well. Huge thanks to BeachBum and Lone for working on this and making it. We're already planning the next one :D

I screwed up some of the letters. Oh, I can't wait for the next one!! :ga:

Congrats to the winner! Had two mistakes in questions. One of them is really stupid - miscounted words =) but anyway it was fun =)

regarding the 5th answer, i considered the word 'Green Day' printed on the top left when counting the words of page 24! boo.

i would have never guessed the final answer in a million years though haha

Atleast I got it right, so I'm happy even though I lost!

Super impressed by Kelsey who solved it within an hour, without hints and one letter missing, jesus christ.

My strategy was I cut out the letters in small squares of paper and switched places for a long while. Then I gave up and searched the words I had on GDA, so I searched for "dead" and the X-kid lyrics came up.

Loved this contest, please make more of these!

haha just saw this:

I'd like to give two special shoutouts. One to Kelsey M. (spark in the night on GDC) who got the answer correct within 1 hour of us posting the contest. Not only was the quickest, she also didn't need any hints (and even solved it even though we missed one letter when we first posted it).

:banana:

but wait, what does the 'no man can eat fifty eggs' reference has to do with X-Kid. I might be missing something here...

but wait, what does the 'no man can eat fifty eggs' reference has to do with X-Kid. I might be missing something here...

It's a quote Tre said on BIAB which is the album clue :D

my answers were all right but I couldn't be able to put the letters in the correct order....congrats to Sofia :happy: ...and Oh man I spent my entire weekend doing this but it was fun :ga: Waiting for another one!

edit: the most difficullt for me was number 3!!!!!

BTW I couldn't figure out what the numbers on the eggs from the second hint meant. What was the idea?

Since its over I can finally post my thoughts:

#1 I knew immediately, although I wanted to check the source to make sure I was right. I went to Billie's twitter and scrolled down his whole feed and could not find the actual tweet that said it. Hmm

#2 I almost said 2 (thinking Milton Keynes) but thankfully I decided to check the tour section. Sure enough they played more than that :lol:

#3 Knew the answer immediately. It was the easiest out of them all. But I guess you would either have to frequent GDC or frequent GDA and know there is visitor stuff in the Photo Vault.

#4 Tricky! Had to dig into GDA to find that one. I'm glad you had that "minority" hint though because I almost chose the wrong answer.

#5 Omfg THIS ONE. I struggled like you all did. I had a notepad where I wrote down my notes, thoughts, connections to all the clues. First I was going through all the comments on that youtube page..thinking there was a 24th page of comments or if there was a clue in the 24th comment :lol: Then I somehow got to Wow! That's Loud thinking there was a connection with "scented one" and "smell your technicolor..." and with "where life is loud" that part messed me up a lot. Then I actually looked up the Fashion Vicitim lyrics and realized the clue was "magazine" Then immediately googled magazine and the youtube title. Which brought me back to GDA with the scans. (Yesterday while cleaning I found my personal copy of Kerrang. If only I remember I had it! :lol: )

#6 My first thought was Good Riddance, but after watching the video I was wrong, then realized it was WICA, watched the video just to make sure. And that was that. (capitalizing the W in White was important!!)

With all the letters I immediately spotted "Hollywood" and my first thought was "Hollywood and Vine now" but that wasn't it of course. So after a few minutes of racking my brain I just googled Green Day Hollywood lyrics and ta-da X-kid!

Overall, awesome contest! It was fun and doesn't involve specific talents like art or music. Just your brain power! Looking forward to more in the future :D

BTW I couldn't figure out what the numbers on the eggs from the second hint meant. What was the idea?

yea me too!!! 46 and 39!! at first I thought it was about 39/smooth :confused:

:woot: Congrats Sofia :banana: :banana: :banana:

And fabulous work everyone who worked it out!

It was counting the eggs, bottom left corner said 50, which is 'No man can eat 50 eggs' :P

yea me too!!! 46 and 39!! at first I thought it was about 39/smooth :confused:

hahah me too! It was confusing.. Maybe those numbers were there exactly for that :shifty:

Thanks so much for this seriously, it was so much fun! I wasn't expecting to win, I was already happy for figuring it out after all the desperation. :ga:

It was counting the eggs, bottom left corner said 50, which is 'No man can eat 50 eggs' :P

Oooohhhh :lol:

Congrats everyone! :) I'm glad you guys enjoyed it as much as we had fun making it.

We are indeed in the process of working on another so keep an eye out for that.

Archived