iScottie

What Are You Currently Watching?

DeJennsitized

I'm not watching it yet, but when I get home from work I'm sticking on the new Black Mirror eps and then check out a series called Years and Years my friend just recommended. 

28 minutes ago, Wretched & Divine said:

Last night I finished S1 of Sex Education. Late to the party, I know, but I loved it so much.

I love that series!!

• Like 1

Tre's Busted Drumkit

I've taken to re-watching "old" Disney movies in order to keep myself from thinking about other things at night. All due respect to Aladdin, but The Hunchback of Notre Dame is the best Disney Renaissance film, Quasimodo is the best Disney hero, Frollo is the best/most evil Disney villain, Esmeralda is the best female lead, "Hellfire" is the best villain song and "God Help the Outcasts" is just wow. Ariel wants to be human, Belle wants to GTFO her town, Megara wants to fall in love, and Esmeralda begs God for mercy for her people. How does any other female Disney Renaissance lead even come close to measuring up to that. It's a truly amazing film, and I can see why I didn't like it as a kid. It's much darker and more mature than something like Aladdin or The Lion King.

There are three changes I'd like to have seen:

-Tone the gargoyles way down. Cut their screen time and make them 100% imaginary friends of Quasimodo. Also, cut Jason Alexander from the movie. He added nothing and subtracted a lot.

-Fix the tonal problems. I mean, seriously, Paris is burning but Jason Alexander is losing to a bird? A Wilhelm scream as Frollo's men fall to a horrible death in molten lead? The tonal problems in the third act almost ruin it, and they're almost all Costanza's fault.

-Fill some of the time cut by making the gargoyles go away (hopefully entirely) by showing more of Frollo's rampage. Maybe show Phoebus eventually starting to quietly warn families of when Frollo will arrive so they can hide or run. Fill the rest of the time cut by showing Quasimodo's childhood and "education" at the hands of Frollo, or by giving us a little more backstory on Esmeralda's youth and why she sang "God Help the Outcasts" when she did.

Those three changes would have made this not just the best animated film ever produced, but probably one of the very best ever made. Why Disney chose to hitch their Oscar hopes on the shit-tastic Pocahontas instead of seeing the potential of Hunchback and diving on it is beyond me.

• Like 1

That Dude

BANSHEE - on Amazon Prime.  

Very different and very good!  

Short version:   Guy impersonates small town sheriff, things go bad.  

• Like 1

pouty bitch

Taskmaster :wub:

• Like 1

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Is Stranger Things up yet? If so, RIP my sleep.

Joe.

Really enjoying The Chef Show on Netflix, so chilled and interesting to watch.

Tre's Busted Drumkit

I thought I'd have a few days to get through Stranger Things 3. Nope. Some asshole friend of mine had inadvertently given away a huge spoiler yesterday by noon, and I barely avoided it. At that point, I decided I had no choice but to go for it in one day. So eight hours, one pziza, a dozen wings and two workouts later, I finished last night a little around midnight. I'm tired as hell, but I avoided having the whole season ruined, and in all fairness, I'm not complaining. It was a good season. Not as good as the first two I didn't think, maybe just because I didn't like some characters this season as much as I'd liked them in the past, and a little because seeing the same small group of people accidentally wind up pulled into the same crazy situation over and over again. Still, I loved it, and I'm looking forward to the fourth season if they do one.

Sarcasm

watched the first episode of stranger things season 3. Gotta say that show has gone steadily downhill. I wish they just capped it at season 1. Season 2 wasn't bad but it didn't need to exist. So far my only impression is that I'm supremely uncomfortable watching young teenagers making out. At least the casting is on point. 30 year olds playing teens is one of my biggest pet peeve and it made Riverdale an even worse cringe-fest. 

The Great Saiyaman

Finished stranger things 3. Solid season. Just went 4 episodes for two days each and I’m satisfied. I kinda hope that the ending was just the ending since I thought it was pretty good. But they’re definitely going to just milk this show aren’t they? :dry:

Wretched & Divine

Is anyone else watching Zendaya's new show Euphoria? I'm really into it. It's Skins UK on an entirely new level, so I'd strongly recommend for anyone who enjoyed that show! It's pretty groundbreaking in its cast, for being a HBO show and all, too.

Tubbie Head
4 hours ago, The Great Saiyaman said:

Finished stranger things 3. Solid season. Just went 4 episodes for two days each and I’m satisfied. I kinda hope that the ending was just the ending since I thought it was pretty good. But they’re definitely going to just milk this show aren’t they? :dry:

Did you see the post credits? It's definitely not ending there and I feel like it makes sense. We don't exactly know what the russians were doing there or do we...

Anyway, I absolutely loved this season. I felt it was on par with the 1st one and better than the 2nd. Here at home se watched it all in a day 😂

Tre's Busted Drumkit
On 7/5/2019 at 10:52 AM, Sarcasm said:

watched the first episode of stranger things season 3. Gotta say that show has gone steadily downhill. I wish they just capped it at season 1. Season 2 wasn't bad but it didn't need to exist. So far my only impression is that I'm supremely uncomfortable watching young teenagers making out. At least the casting is on point. 30 year olds playing teens is one of my biggest pet peeve and it made Riverdale an even worse cringe-fest. 

Without venturing too far into spoiler territory, I'm expecting a time-skip ahead several years for the hypothetical fourth season to avoid that exact scenario. All of the kids on the show are 16 or 17, IIRC, and if the new season comes around in two years and we've got 19-year-olds playing 14-year-olds, things will get awkward fast. Just ask the kids from That 70's Show, some of whom were pushing 30 by the time the series ended.

10 hours ago, The Great Saiyaman said:

I think the entire cast is up for new contracts, and that's going to blow Netflix's budget wide open. It felt like the last 10 minutes of the last episode was the Duffners' way of bringing the show to a natural close, and the post-credits scene was their way of leaving themselves an angle if Netflix brings it back with a new setting and/or a smaller cast. There are a few characters that I think we've brought to a close, and a few more who are likely to have moved on and gotten their adult on by the time of the fourth season, taking them off the payroll as regular cast members.

The Great Saiyaman
19 hours ago, Tubbie Head said:

Did you see the post credits? It's definitely not ending there and I feel like it makes sense. We don't exactly know what the russians were doing there or do we...

Anyway, I absolutely loved this season. I felt it was on par with the 1st one and better than the 2nd. Here at home se watched it all in a day 😂

Yeah I did but I just felt the ending with Joyce or whatever Will's mom's name is closing the door and it cutting to black was just perfect. Thinking about it 24 hours later yeah it wouldn't make much sense to end it all right there lol. I guess it was a satisfying ending to that arc or something like that? 😂 It will definitely be interesting to see when season 4 comes out and if they will do some timeskip like others in this thread mentioned. I would love to see the whole cast back in the next season since I just think they're all so perfect. 

• Like 1

Emilie

I wasn’t a big fan of Stranger Things 2 but I enjoyed this recent season way more. It did seem like a good natural ending. BUT STILL I don’t like the thing that happened at the end (you know the thing) and I kind of want a fourth season just so it can be undone 

Lindsay
1 hour ago, Emilie said:

I wasn’t a big fan of Stranger Things 2 but I enjoyed this recent season way more. It did seem like a good natural ending. BUT STILL I don’t like the thing that happened at the end (you know the thing) and I kind of want a fourth season just so it can be undone 

Pretty sure they made it very clear in the post credit scene that the thing that happened didn't actually happen :P 

I don't think I liked this season quite as much as the other two, but it was still really good! 

Adorkable

I thought this season was by far the best. I loved it. I agree on the bad thing that happened in Episode 8, but I did have one other thought

Spoiler

In Season 2 they hinted that Brenner wasn't dead. It would make sense to be him because he would have all the information the Russians would need to open the gate. It would also be how they found out about El. So, I'm really hoping its Hopper, but it may be Brenner. But they have also set it up to be Hopper by El going with the Byers. Joyce and Hop should be together and with El already with the Byers, it makes for a nice family transition.

Here is an article where David Harbour says they are definitely going 4 or 5 seasons. I guess that kind of answers the question

https://www.cnet.com/news/stranger-things-3-turning-netflix-ratings-records-upside-down/

Hermione

Just discovered It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, heard of it before but never checked it out. After seeing a couple of clips and seeing how hilarious it is I've started watching it from episode one and there's thirteen whole seasons (and counting) to watch ahead of me. This is brilliant :banana: 

• Like 1

HitmonSal

I’m actually rewatching Pokemon Johto series. I never truly appreciated it when I was younger and I saw it on Pokémon TV so I’m rewatching it and enjoying it :3

John.reject23

I'm watching the new Dark season. You all must watch!! 100% recommended 😉

The Insider

When they see us.

Zebahar

I've been on quite a rollercoaster with Arrest Development. The first two seasons were GREAT. One of the few shows that I have watched on Netflix where I don't have any distractions while watching (usually I will be on my phone/computer while watching shows). Hit season 4 though and honestly considering just stopping now. I don't like to stop watching series in the middle of it, but this might be one of the few times where it may be the best move