Deserving of a BJ...

Jet Taman

BJ Guitar that is! haha

But now that I have your attention, I feel the need to express my gratitude on behalf of all the people who couldn't make it to any Green Day shows this tour to our friend Lauren.

Lauren has been a fan of Green Day for many years--I remember seeing her at the 2009 21stCB tour in the front row with a orange road cone on her head when she was about 14 or 15 years old--and she's gone to nearly every show that she could since then and probably all the shows we WISH we could've gone to--the NYC shows and she was even seen on Good Morning America when Green Day played atop the roof of the studios.

For the past week, Lauren has given all of us the opportunity to hear the shows via a livestream. This, as you may know, is no easy feat. I hung out with her in line at Philly as she struggled to get her phone up and working so she could livestream the show for all of us. When most people at the concerts are focusing their attention on the world's greatest band on stage, Lauren was making an effort to make sure those of us who could not be at the show--and may not even be able to see Green Day at all this tour--hear the songs as they were being played.

Look at the posts from the last couple of shows and you will see comments like "You are awesome, Lauren!" and "Thank you so much, Lauren!"

When I went to the Philly show, I brought one of my BJ Guitars (Blue replica) to give to Billie so that he could actually give it to some kid in the audience and change that kid's life the way Billie changed mine 20 years ago.

Today, I think that it's obvious that Green Day has changed Lauren's life and she has made an effort to share her love for the band with all of us, so I would like to present Lauren with her very own BJ Guitar as a way of saying "THANK YOU" for everything you do for the Green Day Community. Our community is the best and it's great to share such a mutual bond with each other.

Lauren, go to my website and choose whatever version you want, and you will have your very own Blue.

Thank you, dear :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's so sweet of your part Jet, and yes Lauren you're so fucking great! Sorry if we have disturbed you but we love you!!

Damn you, Jet! You got my hopes up for another awesomely hilarious topic discussion. Haha. But that's awesome of you. Lauren is awesome and very deserving.

Lauren, you're absolutely amazing and you 100% deserve this BJ guitar that Jet's giving you!!! And Jet, you're completely awesome for acknowledging Lauren's outstanding kindness and rewarding her for it!! :dance:

Lauren honestly you do so much for GDC

Thank you so much and you deserve it!

Is she streaming that too?

Nope. Said she just wanted to enjoy this one!

That's an amazing gift. :o You are the most generous fan on this forum.
And I told you on the last night show thread but thank you really Lauren for the streaming.
It was awesome being on GDC and share with the fans by watching the show live! :D

Omg what an AWESOME gift, you deserve it Lauren, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bunny:

I wish i can have one :ninja:

Yeah! I just watched one of hers livestreaming! I enjoyed every minute of it :) Thanks lauren !

Yaaay Lauren! Congrats and thanks for everything you've done :hug:

So happy for Lauren! She truly deserves it!

And you're pretty awesome for doing this too :happy:

Archived