HDTracks version of Homecoming, different from original release.

fatherotti

I just got a hold of American Idiot HD from HDTracks. It sounds amazing compared to the original. The thing that struck me as most interesting was that not only did it sound better but Homecoming is actually not the same as the original. I wish I had a Youtube link to show you guys what I mean. During "Nobody Likes You" when he sings "Watching Spike TV" you can now hear TV noises going in the background. I'm not sure if you can hear it only because of the new HD or if it was actually inserted into the new copy. All I know is its certainly not on the original. Anyway just thought I'd share cause its kind of interesting. :happy: If anyone gets a chance, pick up a copy of it. Its pretty cool. :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very interesting, I wish I could check that out. American Idiot HD as a whole sounds awesome. You went into this a little bit but can you elaborate on how you think the HD versions compare to the original?

Very interesting, I wish I could check that out. American Idiot HD as a whole sounds awesome. You went into this a little bit but can you elaborate on how you think the HD versions compare to the original?

Its pretty cool, it sounds louder than the original and it sounds more clear too. It doesn't sound as distorted as the original, you can actually hear the instruments more clearly. :) They also have the trilogy for sale too and 21st CB. But I only got American Idiot. :)

I've just listened to some of the previews for the trilogy and "Nightlife" sound AMAZING. I think iDos! as a whole album sounds quite different since they made it pretty loud to fit the Garage Rock theme.

I just got a hold of American Idiot HD from HDTracks. It sounds amazing compared to the original. The thing that struck me as most interesting was that not only did it sound better but Homecoming is actually not the same as the original. I wish I had a Youtube link to show you guys what I mean. During "Nobody Likes You" when he sings "Watching Spike TV" you can now hear TV noises going in the background. I'm not sure if you can hear it only because of the new HD or if it was actually inserted into the new copy. All I know is its certainly not on the original. Anyway just thought I'd share cause its kind of interesting. :happy: If anyone gets a chance, pick up a copy of it. Its pretty cool. :)

EDIT: Please don't close, I thought I put this in the Audio thread but I guess not. Can someone move it? :)

I figured this out 2 years ago since you can hear the tv on the vinyl of American Idiot :lol:

This is the first time I've ever heard of "HDtracks"... what the hell? Since when is High Definition audio a thing? I thought I would have the "most perfect" version American Idiot when I have the album as FLAC files. And this is supposed to be even better? Is this even official? If they sell it, I guess it has to be official, otherwise it would be illegal...

So this is basically an official remastered version of AI. is the difference that big? Since AI is my favorite album ever, I guess I should get this. Maybe there are more subtle differences than TV noises during Nobody Likes You.

This is the first time I've ever heard of "HDtracks"... what the hell? Since when is High Definition audio a thing? I thought I would have the "most perfect" version American Idiot when I have the album as FLAC files. And this is supposed to be even better? Is this even official? If they sell it, I guess it has to be official, otherwise it would be illegal...

So this is basically an official remastered version of AI. is the difference that big? Since AI is my favorite album ever, I guess I should get this. Maybe there are more subtle differences than TV noises during Nobody Likes You.

Well the HD tracks come in either flac, wav or alac files. Its just that rather than take the album tracks from the original copies, they actually went back and remastered them thoroughly. They made them a lot more clearer to listen to. I think I read somewhere that the biggest change is the increase in dynamic range. So pretty much these are the perfect copies of the album IMO. Here's some more info :)

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=artistdetail&id=10253

I actually have the HDtracks version of AI, and the difference is definitely noticeable, especially if you have a decent pair of earphones. You can pick out each individual instrument perfectly, and there are several other effects that you can't really hear on the original version. I can no longer listen to the original version now after hearing this, it sounds exactly how all recorded music should.

Yeah they should do Dookie next. That would be incredible. Unfortunately I don't think they'd be able to do anything older than Dookie, the whole master tapes thing would get in the way.

...okay, now I'm really interested.

AI is my favorite album, I would love to hear those tracks.

I just downloaded it after doing some some research and it souds really MUCH better

Can you post a link? I keep searching it and there's nothing.....or is this a US only thing? :(

Can you post a link? I keep searching it and there's nothing.....or is this a US only thing? :(

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post download links here, it's kinda illegal I guess, I downloaded it from torrent.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post download links here, it's kinda illegal I guess, I downloaded it from torrent.

It's not illegal if you pay for it surely?

EDIT: Please don't close, I thought I put this in the Audio thread but I guess not. Can someone move it? :)

You did put it in the download section but that is of course for downloads so I figured you'd get more discussion here. Sorry, I was in a rush and forgot to tell you I moved it

I can't post download links for it here, cause it was officially released to purchase through this site.

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=artistdetail&id=10253

Its only $17.00 anyway :)

Oh and please don't discuss illegal downloading of it here, cause I don't want the thread shut down.

You did put it in the download section but that is of course for downloads so I figured you'd get more discussion here. Sorry, I was in a rush and forgot to tell you I moved it

Oh ok thank you! :D

It's not illegal if you pay for it surely?

Well yeah, but I obviously didn't pay for it :mellow:

I can't tell a huge difference but maybe i'm not musically tuned?

It is illegal so please do not post links or PM anyone as to where to find it. They can find it themselves

It is illegal so please do not post links or PM anyone as to where to find it. They can find it themselves

Yup, I only posted where to buy it officially. That ok? :)

Yup, I only posted where to buy it officially. That ok? :)

Of course it is :)

I've known about these for a while, I'm yet to get around to buying them and comparing them

Of course it is :)

I've known about these for a while, I'm yet to get around to buying them and comparing them

They sound really cool. I'm very curious about the other albums now too. :happy:

I can't tell a huge difference but maybe i'm not musically tuned?

If you're using laptop speakers or crappy speakers you won't hear it. Try using a proper sound system :)

Archived