HDTracks version of Homecoming, different from original release.

fatherotti

I didn't think I'd hear the difference but I do! I love it; it sounds so much clearer. If I wasn't saving my money I would actually buy it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what are you doing?

showing you the hd versions

Anyone here have the trilogy from this site? I would like to know if the difference in audio is as noticeable as American Idiot is! Which I happen to be REALLY enjoying :)

Listening to the previews I can say I can hear the greater dynamic range, but they are horribly distorted (which I'm assuming is an affect of the online streamer, rather than the masters). I'd prefer a downloadable full quality sample of the album in order to judge the quality, rather than the poor quality streams. I'd love to get all of the albums in HD though; I'm certainly an audiophile.

they are a little clearer. having more clarity may be a better way to put it.

you can hear the non compressed aspect of it in that the softer parts are truly soft and the louder parts are truly loud. you can tell this volumewise rather than everything more or less being relatively the same volume like the normal release

but otherwise homecoming is the only song ive heard so far thats different from the original (those radio bits in the bridge)

Just out of curiosity, what headphones do you guys use for listening to these?

Just listening to Homecoming. I like how the line "waste a night or two" has a little echo tail in this version.

Its really awesome they came out with this HD version. For me American Idiot will always the best Green Day album ever. This just makes it even more spectacular, hearing the perfect album the way it was meant to be heard. :)

I'm listening to American Idiot HD now, I like it. I must have listened to that album literlly at least a thousand times since it's release and I think I can easily tell any change of it's sound, this is so vivid. I'm sitting here listening with my Bose earplugs and it sounds like the vocals are coming from behind me, it really pops. The beauty of this is clearer with the less distorted parts of the album, any clear guitar, acoustic and piano sound very good.

OP is right, nice find with the TV noises in Homecoming.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody got the HDtracks master of 21st Century Breakdown? I'm considering getting it, but I'm not sure how worth it it will be. I currently have a ~1MBps ALAC CD rip in my iTunes library, and don't know whether I will really notice the difference that much.

• 9 months later...

Is it worth getting the 21st century breakdown hdtracks? Is it better than ai?

I'm only asking coz id have to buy it as I cant find a torrent for it :lol:

Is it worth getting the 21st century breakdown hdtracks? Is it better than ai?

I'm only asking coz id have to buy it as I cant find a torrent for it :lol:

Yes, absolutely. The HDTracks version of Breakdown is absolutely incredible. It's a bigger difference than American Idiot. The dynamic range is massive, everything is a lot more punchy and the sound field isn't over saturated, so everything had room to breathe and the guitars just explode. Get it. It's made me love the album again after I got bored of it due to the production.

Yes, absolutely. The HDTracks version of Breakdown is absolutely incredible. It's a bigger difference than American Idiot. The dynamic range is massive, everything is a lot more punchy and the sound field isn't over saturated, so everything had room to breathe and the guitars just explode. Get it. It's made me love the album again after I got bored of it due to the production.

Thanks. I didn't notice too much of a difference with AI (apart from homecoming obviously). I can hear a bit more acoustic guitar, and a bit more bass, but then my speakers were always pretty good at picking up bass.

I wanna do a proper comparison. I'm gonna listen to the cd and then hd tracks on my laptop. My laptop speakers aren't as good good as my ipod ones, but I can't play the cd on those, so doing it on my laptop is the best way to compare the two sounds using the same speakers at the same volume.

Thanks. I didn't notice too much of a difference with AI (apart from homecoming obviously). I can hear a bit more acoustic guitar, and a bit more bass, but then my speakers were always pretty good at picking up bass.

I wanna do a proper comparison. I'm gonna listen to the cd and then hd tracks on my laptop. My laptop speakers aren't as good good as my ipod ones, but I can't play the cd on those, so doing it on my laptop is the best way to compare the two sounds using the same speakers at the same volume.

Good idea. Just bear in mind that the lack of compression on the remaster means the actual file is quieter, so you'll have to compensate for that as things generally automatically sound better just for being turned up.

I'm going to have to check these out, are they free?

They're available from HDTracks.com and are around $18-25 depending on the album.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about these tracks...it makes the songs a lot easier to learn by ear on guitar, but it reminds me a lot of the musical version, so it's not all too exciting. 21st Century Breakdown, the song, sounds so cool, I don't know what I like so much about hearing the vocals so loudly in music, it makes me get really emotionally and flashbacky :P

However, I really like the, for lack of a better word, punch American Idiot had originally. It fits the story line and the album a lot better, in my opinion. Plus, if you listen closely, you could already hear the tv, I've always noticed it, but I guess it's one of those "once you hear it, you'll always hear it" things. There's just something I love and hate about clearer versions of tracks like these, that I really cannot explain. Maybe it depends on your mood :P

I'd love to hear a HD version of Nimrod! :lol:

They're available from HDTracks.com and are around $18-25 depending on the album.

Do I look like I have money for albums I alrady bought once? :mellow:

I mean I fucking want them of course because Green Day and HD.

Archived