American Idiot - Red/Black Swirl Vinyl (Hot Topic Exclusive)

lbw87

Wooo!!

Announcement from Hot Topic:

"Green Day - American Idiot 2xLP

Red/Black swirl

limited to 800

$27.99

Will be available around 4/16 in select stores and on www.hottopic.com"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why with Hot Topic though? :pinch: (No need to tell me, I know they've been doing a bunch of limited releases.) I hated how they handled the trilogy vinyl. Regardless, I need this.

warning has been pressed and repressed on green and white a few times. HT didn't bother doing anything with Warning because of that

damn right when my mom gets me the black vinyl for christmas!

It's alright, I think the black vinyl would look better anyway. If it were red vinyl, I'd give it a 2nd thought.

I hope this one doesn't sell out as fast as Dookie when they pressed it on green vinyl. 800 is the smallest amount of units made for these limited edition Green Day vinyl.

Just found this:

8454514782_cb6caeee3f_b.jpg

Looks pretty sweet!

NO, WHAT. I going to Hot Topic in two days... And probably not again for many months.

AND FOUR DAYS BEFORE RECORD STORE DAY TOO.

Warning is already available on Adeline Records on colored vinyl, that's why they skipped it

Why with Hot Topic though? :pinch: (No need to tell me, I know they've been doing a bunch of limited releases.) I hated how they handled the trilogy vinyl. Regardless, I need this.

How did the treat the trilogy?

Tre was delayed like 3 times. A lot of other stuff happened.

Warning is already available on Adeline Records on colored vinyl, that's why they skipped it

But Hot Topic skipped 1039 and Kerplunk! :(

Tre vinyl push back were Reprise than HT but yeah there was a hic cup on Tre but I dont recal any problems with Uno's or Dos's releases

Tre vinyl push back were Reprise than HT but yeah there was a hic cup on Tre but I dont recal any problems with Uno's or Dos's releases

There were some technical issues with Dos, where it went on sale in the morning. Literally one minute later, it read sold out. Later that night it went back up.

Plus the whole hot cash thing was pretty annoying (Hot Topic wouldn't let us use discounts on vinyl)

There were some technical issues with Dos, where it went on sale in the morning. Literally one minute later, it read sold out. Later that night it went back up.

Plus the whole hot cash thing was pretty annoying (Hot Topic wouldn't let us use discounts on vinyl)

Ahh dos is the only one im missing got uno and tre but black dos i bought insomniac instead lol

Thanks for the post! I have the Trilogy vinyls from HT thanks to the previous thread... I have to get this now. I will be calling my local HT store again...and again. They know me now!

But Hot Topic skipped 1039 and Kerplunk! :(

Hot Topic is too mainstream for them. And 1039 colored vinyl? they'd have to have 39/Smooth, 1000 Hours, and Slappy each on their own vinyl with their own color matching their own art, and then where the fuck would they put I Want to Be Alone? Re-release The Big One on colored vinyl with all those other bands on it? No.

I guess nothing of real significance. I'm just not a fan of their customer service. They didn't post ¡Dos! online with any urgency and it stressed me out. The whole Tre "sold out" fiasco was obnoxious too. Contacting their customer service to try to figure anything out is worthless. One of them even asked me what vinyl was. :dry:

This is awesome I'm definitely getting one but I would frame it. Does anyone know the best place for vinyl frames?

Ooh, i might just have to get this. I arrive in the States on 15th and was planning on going to HT in Berkeley anyway.

so cool now that i collect vinyl but i already have it from adeline and with my concert a couple days later i cant be spending because merch is like a million dollars. :S so with no job im screwed for now. doubt ill end up getting it. but i got the rest of the ht releases so i can deal.

Hot Topic is too mainstream for them. And 1039 colored vinyl? they'd have to have 39/Smooth, 1000 Hours, and Slappy each on their own vinyl with their own color matching their own art, and then where the fuck would they put I Want to Be Alone? Re-release The Big One on colored vinyl with all those other bands on it? No.

in probably 2009 I saw 39/smooth and kerplunk in hot topic? It was around when there was the green dookie I think (lol green dookie)

• 2 weeks later...

It's midnight here on the East Coast, but the vinyl's not showing up on the HT website yet. :(

It's midnight here on the East Coast, but the vinyl's not showing up on the HT website yet. :(

Maybe since HT is a california company its not on there cause its 10pm there? No idea

Maybe since HT is a california company its not on there cause its 10pm there? No idea

If that's the case, it should be up in about five minutes for us East Coasters.

Archived