How Far Have You Traveled to See Green Day

TimmyChunks

My apologies if this topic has already been posted, but I searched the forum and didn't see anything similar already posted.

I get the sense by reading these threads that many of you have traveled to great lengths to see Green Day- some have traveled out of the country and even overseas. So, in order to get a sense of how well the fanbase travels, I'd like to hear some of your personal stories about traveling to see the band. I've personally traveled as far as a few hours (driving) from my home near Boston- once to Albany, and once to NY to see Billie in AI on Broadway. I will be seeing them at the upcoming Toronto date, and that will be the farthest I have traveled to see them to this point. I know many of you have driven/ flown/ taken trains to great lengths to see them- what's the farthest you've gone?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once hired a plane, and parachuted out of it above the show. I landed on the stage, grabbed the mic, and sang Longview. Billie shat himself.

The farthest I have traveled until now is London. I live near Milan (Italy)...it was a great experience and it was my first time travelling abroad all by myself. I managed to get a ticket literally 2 days before the concert :lol:

I flew from Canada for the Rochester show that was a couple days ago, and this summer I'll be travelling to London for the Emirates gig. :P Totally worth it.

I'm seeing them in london this summer so that will be the farest. But other than that it's 4-5 hours to both Gothenburg and Stockholm.

I went from Russia to Berlin by car (almost 2500 km). It wasn't my choice, I'd rather went there by plane in like 2-3 hours instead of spending almost 3 days in a car. It was a long and complicated story involving my parents, lack of money, visa difficulties and visiting distant relatives in Poland. By that moment I was so desperate, it seemed like Green Day would never ever come to Russia, so I took this opportunity. It was totally worth it, of course. I remember people in line were kinda shocked when I said that I'm from Russia and I'm here alone. :lol: This summer I 'm gonna go 500 km and then another 500 km for 2 shows in Russia.

I once hired a plane, and parachuted out of it above the show. I landed on the stage, grabbed the mic, and sang Longview. Billie shat himself.

What!?! No helicopters were available to land you directly on stage?

I traveled 4 hours from Ohio to Pennsylvania this past weekend for the Pittsburgh show.

What!?! No helicopters were available to land you directly on stage?

Didn't want to risk cutting Mike's head off.

I travelled from Germany to New York to see the musical and several times to London to see GD. And to L.A. for HLAHG but that doesn't count since I happened to be in the US anyway at that time. Every single mile was worth it!

I went from Russia to Berlin by car (almost 2500 km). It wasn't my choice, I'd rather went there by plane in like 2-3 hours instead of spending almost 3 days in a car. It was a long and complicated story involving my parents, lack of money, visa difficulties and visiting distant relatives in Poland. By that moment I was so desperate, it seemed like Green Day would never ever come to Russia, so I took this opportunity. It was totally worth it, of course. I remember people in line were kinda shocked when I said that I'm from Russia and I'm here alone. :lol: This summer I 'm gonna go 500 km and then another 500 km for 2 shows in Russia.

That sounds absolutely horrible :lol: I get tired when I have to drive 500km so respect for that!

Didn't want to risk cutting Mike's head off.

Plus, parachuting is impressive in a daredevil kind of way. A helicopter arrival just screams "attention-seeking mogul".

So far, the farest has been to Konstanz (Rock Am See) last year (5 hours) and it will take 6 hours to Vienna this May. Planning on travelling longer as soon as I'm 18, though :)

The furthest I have travelled is from my conservatory to the computer in my room with internet access so I can watch a live video on YouTube. :(

Eventually, my day will come...

The furthest I have travelled is from my conservatory to the computer in my room with internet access so I can watch a live video on YouTube. :(

Eventually, my day will come...

What she said :P

This June, though, it'll be from South Wales to London, about 3 hour bus journey. :)

England to Germany last year and this year I'm going to Italy. The UK shows I've been to have been 1-2 hours away

How cute guys ! :dry:

2369 Kilometres just to see them for 2 hours at Rock en Seine, Paris.

I'll do the same this summer ! :dance:

Archived