What Is The Best Live Green Day Song To Start Off The Show?

Australian1diot

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loss of Control would be a good opening song I think. the into of the song is just some drums with a couple strummed chords. billie screams that one word and the full band comes in and everyone goes crazy about 10 seconds before the first actual words of the song.

or I think it would be cool to play of montage of songs over the speakers emulating someone is changing the station on a radio (like the beginning of EJN). the song clips they can use could be song of the century, see you tonight, and nightlife (not playing the whole song of each, but just short clips of them) then on the final static sound of changing the radio you hear lo-fi sound of the beginning for dirty rotten bastards. all of this in complete darkness or with a curtain up in front of the stage. once the band comes into DRB (about 14 into the recorded track) there is a huge blast of pyro while the curtain falls revealing the full band playing the rest of the song. this would visually show the band is coming out of the radio live in front of you.

Nice Guys Finish Last is one of my favorite songs from them, and I could really see it work as an opener due to it's high energy, pace and possibility for craziness.

They had that as their opener during the nimrod and Warning eras right?

I would welcome it back anytime.

99 Revs should be a good one for this tour though.

I think Going to Pasalacqua would be a cool opener though. I like the idea of the show starting with "Here we go again".

Definitely a great opener for fans that know the song!

To me American Idiot was a badass opener. One of their most popular song so all the crowd no matter if they are fans or not knows the lyrics. Plus so much energy from that song.

The best opener for the majority of green day fans.

For me personally I think that Nuclear Family would currently be the best opener, even if the tour is called the 99 revolutions tour.

I fucking love 99 Revolutions opening. Listening to the first notes hit the air gets you really excited. The ending also gives you an vibe that makes you want to jump up and down and enjoy the show. At least thats what it was like for me.

I actually think minority would be pretty cool

Totally agree. Minority to open, then to kick it all of with Let Yourself Go

i think for this tour they should've done See You Tonight and then Nuclear Family like with SOng of the Century/ 21cb. American Idiot was a great opener for that time and even thought i don't love nice guys finish last it was good two. Though i'd rather have nuclear family start, 99 revolutions is stil good.

Nightlife :whistle

Seriously though I think Dirty Rotten Bastards could be really good as an opener.

i think for this tour they should've done See You Tonight and then Nuclear Family like with SOng of the Century/ 21cb. American Idiot was a great opener for that time and even thought i don't love nice guys finish last it was good two. Though i'd rather have nuclear family start, 99 revolutions is stil good.

Was thinking just the same. I think that 99 Revolutions is one of the best songs in the trilogy, but I just think that they should play it as an encore, or after American Idiot/Minority

Nightlife :whistle

I would shoot myself in the ear if I came to a concert and that was the opening act.. :P

Dirty Rotten Bastards....I'd love to hear it, and it would be a great opener.

/edit

Maybe not lyrically but I still love that song. :)

I would shoot myself in the ear if I came to a concert and that was the opening act.. :P

Ha ha, thats a very rational response

I dont actually mind that song but I have no desire to hear it live, It would be one of the most appalling openers to a show they could do :P

All by Myself was good at Shephard's Bush!

I thought 21st Breakdown would take some beating and then I went to SB. It depends on the venue. ABM is a fantastic opener for a more intimate venue but on a large stage I think 21st CB would be my choice, or JoS, or Nuclear Family, or Fuck Time... oh crap too much choice.. :lol:

What if they open with Rusty James, and end with Homecoming or Kill The DJ? Just a thought that came out of nothing

Welcome To Paradise is definitely the best opener they have. They just come on stage and Billie Joe starts playing this amazing remarkable opening riff. It can't get any better than that. Pretty similiar to American Idiot.

Going To Passlcacqua must have been great as well. I love the guitar intro of the song with Billie Joe singing "Here we go again..." and the full band joining in.

99 Revolutions isn't that bad as an opener but I wish they'd use Welcome To Paradise again.

Other possibilities that are worth a try (again): Definitely Nuclear Family, 2000 Light Years Away or Nice Guys Finish Last.

I agree with DecanoLP: Welcome to Paradise is the best opener ever. The song title describes every GD show the best.

They could do DRB and have the first lot of yeah's play on the speakers like song of the century and then kick in about 20 seconds into DRB

I enjoyed All By Myself as an opener very much, it was just such a surprise and so funny :lol:. After that I think I'd say any unexpected/surprise opening song would be the best. It would kill me if they pulled out Fuck Time as a surprise opener :D

But for a regular one it's tricky to pick! Welcome To Paradise is great but I really love the build up of 21st Century Breakdown too. And it's fucking amazing when the crowd goes absolutely mental after "Raised by the bastards of 1969" too. I think that's my favourite.

I actually think minority would be pretty cool

They actually used to open up with Minority during the Warning Tour, if I recall correctly.

They actually used to open up with Minority during the Warning Tour, if I recall correctly.

Archived