21 Guns not being played live

ColinOr

iam really not liking the setlist, is this even the trilogy tour????? there are only six seven songs of the trilogy being played, they should play more songs like lazy bones,wow thats loud,ashley,nightlife,DRB,the forgotten n i was really shocked when i saw dat all the good songs of the past albums in the setlist but no 21 guns quite dissapointed by the setlist.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i have to say that i really wish that they keep playing 21 Guns, i never see them live and since the last tour, hearing 21 guns live was one of my dreams same with Good Riddance, i really miss that song, i hope that with time they added to the setlist, but, who knows... :sorry:

I wish they would keep playing them too. I saw GD live on the 21stCB tour and 21 Guns and Good Riddance are some of the highlights of the show! I wish they would keep playing WMUWSE too :(

But to be honest, I'm just really happy that the guys are back and that Billie is better again. Also, I think they will change the setlist a bit and not play the same every show on the tour haha :)

I wish they would keep playing them too. I saw GD live on the 21stCB tour and 21 Guns and Good Riddance are some of the highlights of the show! I wish they would keep playing WMUWSE too :(

But to be honest, I'm just really happy that the guys are back and that Billie is better again. Also, I think they will change the setlist a bit and not play the same every show on the tour haha :)

Oh yes, WMUWSE too, i love that song, but i´m agree with you, i´m happy just to see them good and on the stage :)

So you call her a bitch cause she cheated on you? Maybe if you were doing your job as a man and was pleasing her she wouldn't had to cheat...

(I kid I kid... kinda)

Where I live 17 is legal consenting age. She was 16 so I legally couldn't do so. I was 17 she wasn't.

Where I live 17 is legal consenting age. She was 16 so I legally couldn't do so. I was 17 she wasn't.

I was just joking dude

21 guns. Who cares? I hate that song. It was the one of the only GD songs my ex used to talk about. That and WMUWSE. And I fucking hate her and 21 guns because of the bitch. I still cry because of WMUWSE because my Dad's birthday was in September and he passed away 2-16-04.

Now that I stop and think about it all the greedy bitch knew were the shitty "goth" singles. BoBD, WMUWSE, 21 Guns. I mentioned any decent non depressing song and she looked at me like I sprouted a second head. She only knew the singles YET she dared to call herself a GD fan. When we split she was more of a fan than when we got together. That is true for multiple bands actually. MCR for example she only knew of SING when we got together. When we split up she knew of every GD and MCR Song(excluding bootlegs or things like Desert Song(MCR Life on the Murder Scene)).

Of course I don't care because they never come to any city near me. The closest they may come to me is Rochester, NY. But that's like 2-3 hours away. And I am NOT travelling that damn far just for a 2-3 hour concert then a 3-4 hour trip back home(traffic leaving the show).

EDIT: Wow that's the longest rant I've ever typed with out any "Y'know" in it.

You think BOBD and WMUWSE are shitty goth singles? Have you actually ever listened to 'goth' music?

i kind of understand why they dropped 21 Guns as it was kind of overplayed by the radio stations and everyone was complaining about how they couldn't hear the song anymore...though i think the live version was so amazing that i'm even a bit sad that they dropped it..and about Good Riddance: it's my absolute favorite song and i'm more than sad that they don't play it anymore :cry: ...sure Brutal Love is amazing as well, but to me it's kind of a tradition that a Green Day show ends with this song and maybe a line of Wake Me Up When September Ends..

...now that they dropped Good Riddance i'm only glad that i've seen it live on one of the last shows on that they played it, but they better put it back into their setlist (and as the final encore) when i see them live the next time :mad::P

In my opinion, they're taking the right direction now. Dropping 21 Guns (well, nearly everything from 21stCB which surprised me though) and Good Riddance makes room for something new or something we haven't heard in a while. They need to get rid of playing all their popular radio singles because they played them at nearly every show so far.

Brutal Love is a perfect alternative for Good Riddance :) In my opinion, they should be more audacious and try new things. Replace songs like Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, She or King For A Day with old, rare AND new songs. What about Worry Rock, Private Ale or Westbound Sign? What about Nuclear Family, Rusty James, Ashley or Lazy Bones?

I'm not really happy with their current setlist, especially since they're playing the same old songs (Pasalacqua, 200 LYA, Burnout...) over and over again.

Mix it up! :)

I'm seeing them for the very first time in this tour (actually for 58 days, hh) and it does makes me sad that I may won't hear Good Riddance live. But as some of you said they have to get rid of some songs to make space for new ones, which is good. Though, I'm not really happy with SWTRLF, I don't like that song at all. :tired:

And as a fan of the older songs I'm happy that they're still playing them.

The real question is why King For A Day/Shout is still being played.....

I don't mind losing Good Riddance or 21 Guns, heard both of them way too many times but some extra variation from time to time in the set would be great. I get that they find it necessary to play all their hits but the setlists for every night are almost identical..great that they've added Letterbomb though.

Hopefully they mix it up as the tour goes on!

+1

Talking about dropping old songs to make room for the new ones this is the best choice of a song to drop and they could make room for 2-3 songs

+1

Talking about dropping old songs to make room for the new ones this is the best choice of a song to drop and they could make room for 2-3 songs

It would be really great to see some rare songs from Insomniac - Warning or even 21CB fill the 10 or so minute void left by dopping KFAD and whatever follows it

FUCK 21 Guns!
We need Good Riddance & Wake Me Up When September Ends!

I don't have a problem with it that 21 Guns disappeared from the setlist same with Good Riddance. They should play DRB, this song would kick ass live or Fuck time. and more songs off warning...

She cheated on me multiple times hence why I call her a bitch. Not her musical taste. If that isn't a valid reason then I don't know what is.

Yes, that's a valid reason. But based on your first post, it looked like the main reason you were citing was musical preference.

Meh, I'm not bothered too much it's a good live song but I'd rather they play it every so often and have some rarer songs in its place

Just a thought, I'm not sure what you think of it, maybe it's just me, but when I saw GD on the pre-album tour I couldn't help but think, what's the point in playing this realkly long instrumental breaks in songs, look at Stay the Night in Summer Sonic on youtube or when they play Letterbomb, American Idiot and Brain Stew live, they have these 3/4minutes long instrumental breaks for BJA to scream "Hey-Ho" to the crowd and bring a few people up on stage or squirt them with a super soaker.. I know it's all part of the "show" but wouldn't it be great to just cut them down and in the set list they'd have space for another 4 or 5 songs.

Another thing I'd like to see back is after Brutal Love closes the main set is to have an BJA acoustic encore again. Imagine him coming out to close it with Rusty James, Drama Queen & then Good Riddance or WMUWSE.. he could even do 21 Guns in there, like they did WMUWSE on the 21CB tour!

You think BOBD and WMUWSE are shitty goth singles? Have you actually ever listened to 'goth' music?

Going by the stereotype of what people call Green Day because of those songs. I've been called goth and emo for listening to Green Day.

Going by the stereotype of what people call Green Day because of those songs. I've been called goth and emo for listening to Green Day.

Stereotypes are hardly ever correct. Am I right in assuming that those people were using the terms goth and emo in a derogatory fashion? Those people don't what they are talking about. Anyone with an ounce of musical knoweldge would know that there's nothing emo or goth about those two songs or any other Green Day song for that matter.

Green Day have much more punker stuff and plus they deleted some songs to replace it with the new songs of the trilogy to get a new audience to listen to the new stuff from the trilogy.

I don't see this as a problem. I consider Green Day as an old band up there with AC/DC, GN'R, etc. They have a back catalogue that is big and so diverse that they can't just stick to the same old playlist.

Because it's super fun :happy:

The weird thing will be not having Good Riddance in the set. At the end of the show I will still be waiting there and everyone will be gone. I'll be like, "It can't be over! They haven't played Good Riddance!"

Because it's super fun :happy:

It's too long and super overplayed. They could play 2-3 more songs instead of it.

Archived