SotW: 1,000 Hours

Todd

Excellent recap of the song Tman, this is definitely you weekened!

And then NEXT weekend (Monday to be exact) I go to the Mike Dirnt Meet 'n' Greet and go see Green Day for the first time

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And then NEXT weekend (Monday to be exact) I go to the Mike Dirnt Meet 'n' Greet and go see Green Day for the first time

So, This is your month!

I think this is a song that proves that there is no such thing as corny or cheesy lyrics on their own. It's all about the song as a whole, and the way it is played and by whom.

I look at the lyrics and think, oh my god, there is not a single original thought in there, it's all clichés. But still when I listen to the song, it feels organic and I don't cringe over any of it.

I have been listening to this song loads recently, definately one of the best on 1039. A mixture of oldskool greenday guitar/drum sound however with some good meaningful lyrics.

I have been listening to this song loads recently, definately one of the best on 1039. A mixture of oldskool greenday guitar/drum sound however with some good meaningful lyrics.

I gag at the suggestion of 1039 as a whole. :sick:

This is in my top two of 1000 Hours EP, actually, if I had to put the songs from that EP in order of best to really good, they're already in order :P

I gag at the suggestion of 1039 as a whole. :sick:

Why not that big of a deal...

Why not that big of a deal...

No, but that's three different recording sessions there. The songs were made in different processes, recorded in different ways, by the time they recorded Slappy, they knew what they were doing, recording 1000 Hours they didn't. Small differences that I care about

This song is so fucking honest it's awesome. I love everything on the 1000 hours EP.

No, but that's three different recording sessions there. The songs were made in different processes, recorded in different ways, by the time they recorded Slappy, they knew what they were doing, recording 1000 Hours they didn't. Small differences that I care about

If we going by different sessions then not one single album by any group post 60's should be labeled as an album

They dont market it as an album but as a compilation the vintl pressings are set up like original releases but cd why not add on? otherwise 1000 Hours and Slappy probally would never been released on cd if it wasnt the 1,039 comp

Is there any song more raw than this one? That guitar is so rough and raw, yet amorous. Like the song.

They dont market it as an album but as a compilation the vintl pressings are set up like original releases but cd why not add on? otherwise 1000 Hours and Slappy probally would never been released on cd if it wasnt the 1,039 comp

Okay. So?

Is there any song more raw than this one? That guitar is so rough and raw, yet amorous. Like the song.

Sweet Children, Best Thing in Town, Strangeland, and My Generation

Okay. So?

I dunno just seen your distaste for 1039 in past threads was just curious why no harm was meant

I dunno just seen your distaste for 1039 in past threads was just curious why no harm was meant

That's fine. They flow together well, but as 1039, people don't appreciate the songs as much I feel. That's how I was when I listened to it all at once. Once you get to track 16, you've been listening for a while and lose interest. And the songs at the end aren't as catchy as the ones in the beginning, when I first heard 1000 Hours, I thought all the songs at the end sounded the same. I think by keeping them separate, it moderates your intake of the music.

That's fine. They flow together well, but as 1039, people don't appreciate the songs as much I feel. That's how I was when I listened to it all at once. Once you get to track 16, you've been listening for a while and lose interest. And the songs at the end aren't as catchy as the ones in the beginning, when I first heard 1000 Hours, I thought all the songs at the end sounded the same. I think by keeping them separate, it moderates your intake of the music.

I can agree with that until recently I never cared for 39 Smooth or 1000 Hours i loved Going To Pasalaqua Paper Lanterns Knowledge and 409 the unmixed version but a couple months ago drove to New Orleans and popped the cd in i like it alot more than in the past but i deft agree with the lose interest part

This has never been one of my favorites. I'm pretty indifferent to it. It's cute, but there's really not much else going for it in my opinion.

I Green Day's first romantic songs :wub: but 1,000 Hours is just not one of them... :mellow:

• 1 month later...

I love this song so much and you took the words right out of my mouth."It's about describing a fantasy about wanting to be with the person you love, but never actually getting to be with them" & that's why I like it so much because it's pretty much the story of my life.

The only thing I don't like about this song is the Guitar and Drums pop and crack WAY to much. Other than that it is a favorite of 1000 hours.

Archived