SoTW: American Eulogy

stan the harmonica man

This song is one of the best on 21st Century Breakdown. Mass Hysteria is awesome and Modern World is cool too.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to write for this song, but I am sure I'd not have done a better job than you. Very well written!

I love this song cos of its energy and music and mainly cos Mike sings the second part. Its a great song and a good conclusion to the storyline of 21stCB.

My favorite live performance of this song would be the one that they performed at Fox Theater in Oakland!

Thank you so much, that's one of the nicest things anybody has ever said to me. :D

When 21CB first came out, this was one of the songs, with Murder City, that I couldn't get enough off.

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THE MODERN WORLD!

I love this song! The first part reminds me of Deadbeat Holiday and the second of Minority, which makes it much more enjoyable :lol:
My favorite from 21CB for sure

I like it more when they played it live, although I'm not a big fan of this song... but my favorite part is when both choruses, "mass hysteria" and "I don't wanna live in the modern world" mix together until they're finally sucked away.

I really love this song my favorite song from 21 st century breakdown and 21st century breakdown was my first green day studio album so this song has a special place in my heart along with American idiot and welcome to paradise.

First of all: nice job on the write up, Stan! :thumbsup:

But I think this is one of my favorite songs from 21st Century Breakdown. I remember when I first heard it I was in FYE on my way to buy the album and they were playing it. I didn't realize it was Green Day until Billie started singing, but the song instantly grabbed with all it's energy and aggression. I also love the format of the song; it's very interesting for their songwriting. Great choice for SOTW.

I have a love for the Awesome as Fuck version.

First of all: nice job on the write up, Stan! :thumbsup:

But I think this is one of my favorite songs from 21st Century Breakdown. I remember when I first heard it I was in FYE on my way to buy the album and they were playing it. I didn't realize it was Green Day until Billie started singing, but the song instantly grabbed with all it's energy and aggression. I also love the format of the song; it's very interesting for their songwriting. Great choice for SOTW.

Thank you Kay! :)

I always liked the song but I had to do a double take when they dropped the N word. I felt a little uncomfortable but what can you can do? :pinch: Also, I prefer it live then the recorded version.

My favorite on that album and shit man Mike needs to sing more!!!

My favorite on that album and shit man Mike needs to sing more!!!

Current tour and next album, Mike needs at least two whole songs.

Current tour and next album, Mike needs at least two whole songs.

Please no...

One of the top 3 on 21CB imo. Fantastic song on fantastic album

My top three on the album would probably be:

1.Murder City

2. Title track

3. American Eulogy

Please no...

Why not, it's not like Billie would blow a gasket and suddenly become egotistical to the extreme against his friend for like one or two songs.

Not my favorite on the album (that would be See The Light), but it is indeed a good song and wraps up the main idea of the album very well. I do enjoy it a lot, though. :D

Why not, it's not like Billie would blow a gasket and suddenly become egotistical to the extreme against his friend for like one or two songs.

Im just not a fan of Mike's singing

Im just not a fan of Mike's singing

Fair enough but I love how his voice would fit right in next to Billie's a la Toma and Mark.

Since its SOTW, I thought I might add that their is a vid of Jason White fist pumping during Mike's part

Since its SOTW, I thought I might add that their is a vid of Jason White fist pumping during Mike's part

where can I find this? I need it.

Really interesting read about it, but I can't help but find this song one of the worst on 21stCB.

Archived