Billie Joe Armstrong to Write Songs for Yale Repertory Theater Show

BillieJoeObsesser

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YEESSSS!!!! I've been hoping ever since AI went to Broadway that Billie would write original music strictly for a stage show! This is gonna be fucking awesome!

I think it sounds way fucking exciting and interesting - can't wait to see what he'll come up with !!

But... They won't be sung by Billie :(((

Yeah, thats like... a whole album Billie could write for Green Day!! Sharing is caring i guess.

Wow, this sounds awesome, but like he said, it´s not gonna be sung by Billie, but good for him i´m sure the songs are gonna be amazing!!!! :)

Whoa! That's awesome! Good for Billie! I'm glad he's doing something else that involves musicals. I'm sure whatever songs he writes for this show will be amazing and will make this show a huge success. :happy:

I think that's really fantastic! :D

I'm happy for him, and will be happy to hear those songs! I love musicals =)

A rock'n'roll remake of Much Ado About Nothing with songs written by Billie Joe?! Holy fucking shit this is gonna be good.

Billie as songwriter for other people that are not related to Green Day, has this ever happened?

I don't know, I don't really like the idea. He's just back from rehab and even though the show will premier next March, he' will be under pressure writing songs. He should just concentrate on being on tour and being a band again, you know? I don't want him to be under much pressure again.

But I guess I'm pretty much the only one thinking that way ;)

He's an amazing songwriter, so he will do it great! Is good to see that he's being recognized

I love this idea. I can't wait to hear what comes out of this!

Sounds cool! Nice to see he's getting right back into being creative. And I'm not concerned about him "using up" material - if anything experimenting and challenging himself with something new and different like this is likely to get the creative juices flowing and inspire all kinds of awesome future Green Day material :happy:

Billie as songwriter for other people that are not related to Green Day, has this ever happened?

Kind of, he co-wrote a song for The Go-Gos, and a song for Rancid which he also played on, and songs for Iggy Pop which he and the rest of Green Day also played backing on. A big solo project like this is definitely a first though! Should be interesting.

I know it's very early to say this, but if this show is even halfway decent it will end up on Broadway. Having the name "Billie Joe Armstrong" as the musical writer of a show is great publicity.

It sounds kinda cool. I love musicals so I'm pretty excited that I will get some such songs written by Billie Joe.

Archived