Billie Joe Armstrong to Write Songs for Yale Repertory Theater Show

BillieJoeObsesser

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was so nice to see Billie get such a rave review for the score.  I can't wait till it comes to NY, I'm excited to see it.

That was so nice to see Billie get such a rave review for the score.  I can't wait till it comes to NY, I'm excited to see it.

Is there a set plan for NY yet?

LOh Cool, that's Billie singing. I'd love if he released his versions of these songs.u

Jesus fucking Christ that was great! 

There's now a thread for discussing the song with Billie singing:

Why? This thread is titled " Billie Joe Armstrong to write songs for the Yale Repertory Theatre Show" which is what that song is...a song he wrote for the Yale Repertory Theatre. Now there is a new thread about Billie "releasing" a "solo song". Ok.

Why? This thread is titled " Billie Joe Armstrong to write songs for the Yale Repertory Theatre Show" which is what that song is...a song he wrote for the Yale Repertory Theatre. Now there is a new thread about Billie "releasing" a "solo song". Ok.

It's an exciting thing that probably interests more people than just the ones who are interested in the musical in general so no harm having a thread to highlight it. You have a point about the title though, I'm going to alter it.

For all the New Yorkers out there, the show is not on sale to the general public yet, only to members.  However, they have a membership plan where you get 4 tickets to use in any combination of any of their productions.  I need 4 tickers, so I have a call out to them to find out if I can use all four tickets to one production.  They won't be in until tomorrow though.  That costs $229, as opposed to $300 at full price.  The tickets are $75 each.  And opening night is already sold out.  :(

For any interested NY'ers, the tickets for These Paper Bullets are on sale only for members right now.  However, I needed 4 tickets.  There is a membership option that allows gives you 4 tickets to use with any production they have and you can use them to one show.  The cost is $229 for the membership and the tickets are regularly $75, so that is a pretty significant savings.  The tickets are on sale to the general public on September 30.  However, if anyone is interested you might want to get together with other GDC'ers because this membership package is a big cost savings.

Also I got first row tickets to the date I wanted, but opening night is already sold out.   

• 2 weeks later...

“BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG, RETURNING TO THE THEATER AFTER HIS SUCCESS WITH THE MUSICAL AMERICAN IDIOT, HAS WRITTEN PASTICHE SONGS FOR THE OCCASION THAT ARE TOUCHED BY HIS BRILLIANCE!”

BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG

BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG (Music and Lyrics) is the front man of the Grammy Award®-winning, multi-platinum band Green Day.  Green Day’s albums include 1039/Smooth Out Slappy HoursKerplunk; 1994’s Dookie, which sold 15 million copies and garnered their first Grammy (and inspired a raft of imitators); InsomniacNimrodWarning; 2004’s landmark American Idiot, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard chart, spawned five hit singles, and won two Grammys, including Best Rock Album; 21st Century Breakdown (Grammy Award, Best Rock Album); and 2012’s consecutively released ¡Uno!¡Dos!, and ¡Tré! (as well as the behind the scenes DVD,¡Cuatro!). Last year, Armstrong and Norah Jones released Foreverly, a tribute to the Everly Brothers’ 1958 album, Songs Our Daddy Taught Us. The Tony and Grammy winning musical American Idiot, featuring lyrics by Armstrong, music by Green Day, and a book written by Armstrong and director Michael Mayer, debuted at Berkeley Rep in 2009 and opened on Broadway the next year. Throughout its run, Armstrong made cameo appearances in the role of St. Jimmy. The recent documentary, Broadway Idiot, chronicled his road to the Great White Way. His other film and TV credits include This is 40Nurse Jackie, and the upcoming feature films, Like Sunday, Like Rain and Geezer greenday.com

Armstrong_500x500.jpg

https://atlantictheater.org/playevents/thesepaperbullets/

• 4 weeks later...

The Atlantic Theater presents Rolin Jones' new play, which features songs by Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong. Atlantic Theater Company has announced casting for its upcoming production of Rolin Jones' These Paper Bullets!, running November 20-January 10 after a runs at the Geffen Playhouse and Yale Repertory Theatre.

http://www.theatermania.com/off-broadway/news/these-paper-bullets-atlantic-casting_74760.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=28oct2015

The Atlantic Theater presents Rolin Jones' new play, which features songs by Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong. Atlantic Theater Company has announced casting for its upcoming production of Rolin Jones' These Paper Bullets!, running November 20-January 10 after a runs at the Geffen Playhouse and Yale Repertory Theatre.

http://www.theatermania.com/off-broadway/news/these-paper-bullets-atlantic-casting_74760.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=28oct2015

Oh man I know this show has nothing to do with idiot but I was hoping some people from American Idiot Broadway would be in it. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Aren't all the songs new Billie songs?  I'm going on the 28th so will be able to give a run down on the songs.

He said its new for the NYC show which means it was not in the California show 

Archived